No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few peices arrived this week from the nippon. Had most of them in the past, just needed them boxes back though not had Space Invaders 90 before so new territory, was cheap as chips.

And let's have a hand for Be-Ball, one of the most underrated games out there (tho did include on the mini?), superb music too.

Last edited by Baseley09; 14-06-2023, 22:49.

Comment

Completely agree on Be-Ball, always been a firm favourite and I’ve been playing it again a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        Few peices arrived this week from the nippon. Had most of them in the past, just needed them boxes back though not had Space Invaders 90 before so new territory, was cheap as chips.

And let's have a hand for Be-Ball, one of the most underrated games out there (tho did include on the mini?), superb music too.

Nicer selection. Space invaders 90 is one I always pass on. I should check it out.

Comment

Last few on the Xbox hoovering expedition. Might take the weekend off, as it’s back to work on Monday morning!

Here’s the latest RG with the Outrun feature. Gorgeous cover, unsullied by annotations!

Comment

Think I'll have to pick that RG up, I'd like to read that article.

You're really scoring some excellent games on this Xbox quest.

Were the ones above all as cheap as the others you've been grabbing, i.e. a few quid each?

Comment

So I've been running the import knife edge for retro games for the first time in years and I've already been scuppered, package sat with Parcel Force awaiting customs payment, just waiting on the dreaded bill landing on the doorstep. Something tells me it's not going to be an amount I'm happy about.

Some stuff is getting through the net though, maybe the way to do it these days is one game at a time?

Comment

Anything under £135 is meant to have pre-paid tax so you might see some of them slip through. Anything over £135 these days and there's a very good chance of getting hit with VAT. If you use Fedex, well, they've got a 100% hit rate on my imports of getting the VAT.

Comment

Good to know Phil, cheers. The package is definitely over £135 but I'd hoped they'd mark it down as they have in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Think I'll have to pick that RG up, I'd like to read that article.

You're really scoring some excellent games on this Xbox quest.

Were the ones above all as cheap as the others you've been grabbing, i.e. a few quid each?
                    This lot were mostly between £3 and £5. Shenmue was £8 and Conker £18. Got Battlefront for a slight bargain as it should have been £4 but was mislabelled as the Xbox One ver. which is apparently just £2!

Comment

Weekend reading? Sorted. Lovely stuff.

Comment

This weeks buy , I started with a c64 many years ago so have always had a soft spot for it and pick up new carts when I can,

Comment

Psytronik? Blimey. There’s a name I haven’t seen in possibly actual decades! Seem to be still active.

Comment

In for a penny, in for a pound I guess, or several pounds as the case may be. I can honestly say that the gaming time I've had with the PC-Engine recently with the Super HD System 3 attached has been utterly brilliant fun. (Today alone I've had full run throughs of several games) The downside of this is it's completely reignited my love for the system, at a time when it couldn't be worse to want to own some of my favourite titles again.

Obviously I've never been one to let common sense stop me though. And three of the all time greats for the system hit the doormat today. Kicking off with what for me personally is the single greatest game for the system in HuCard format and quite possibly my favourite shmup of all time, Soldier Blade. Price wise I absolutely wince at what it cost me to get a pristine copy though.

Second it's another favourite HuCard shmup, Gunhed. I still remember drooling over this when it appeared in C&VG and being desperate to get my hands on it, and it didn't disappoint. Probably the game that really got me to fall in love with shooters on the system.

And finally the mind-blowing for the time R-Type I. This was my favourite arcade machine down at the seafront arcade when I was young, and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it on the PCE for the first time. I still get chills up my back when I haven't played it for a while and the music on the first stage kicks in. Still one of the all time greats.

So yeah, looks like I'm in deep **** as I'm hooked all over again.

Comment

Lovely

Comment

Paha I literally said a few weeks back Soldier Blade would be inbound

Superb

Comment

Working...
                                X