No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something else due tomorrow that should come as absolutely no shock either.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      So yeah, looks like I'm in deep **** as I'm hooked all over again.
      PC Engine collecting is a very addictive and dangerous game. I was concentrating on the CD media but soon found I was paying on average 5,000 to 10,000 yen a title. Disposable income of 40,000 yen doesn't go far in the world of PC Engine . I had to take a reality check before I got in too deep
      Think I have about 40 odd CD titles. That's enough for me.

Comment

I’m very aware that I can no longer just go out and buy all my favourite games again, which is a shame, but the prices really have entered a point where I can’t justify it. I never thought PCE titles would’ve entered AES pricing territory! I have a list of stuff I’d like to find, and it will very much be a waiting game as availability these days seems pretty non existent, which obviously explains the prices folk are asking and paying. Of course I once owned pretty much everything there was to own for the system and I chose to sell up, but I’ve found a few ways to come to terms with that in my head.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be easier, cheaper, and a lot better just going to Japan yourself to grab most of it? I’m thinking about doing that with N64 controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Wouldn’t it be easier, cheaper, and a lot better just going to Japan yourself to grab most of it? I’m thinking about doing that with N64 controllers.
            Nope. Even here PC Engine stuff is expensive. By the time he's paid his flight and hotel it would be a loss. On the plus side though, at least there's a holiday in it.

Comment

I'm all for holidays to Japan but on what planet is the cheapest way to get N64 pads a 20,000 mile round trip?!

Comment

My wife is all for me getting back in to collecting PCE stuff as she knows I’ve missed it. A holiday to Japan to spend the time sifting through old videogame shops, maybe not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  I'm all for holidays to Japan but on what planet is the cheapest way to get N64 pads a 20,000 mile round trip?!
                  When you live on the continent. The pure hyperbole for N64 stuff here is equivalent to how things are in the US, only with a much more stringent supply. I offered €50 for a reasonable 7/10 black controller yesterday and was turned down. Almost a year on and I still don’t have a single controller for my console.

Comment

In for a penny, in for a pound I guess, or several pounds as the case may be. I can honestly say that the gaming time I've had with the PC-Engine recently with the Super HD System 3 attached has been utterly brilliant fun. (Today alone I've had full run throughs of several games) The downside of this is it's completely reignited my love for the system, at a time when it couldn't be worse to want to own some of my favourite titles again.

Obviously I've never been one to let common sense stop me though. And three of the all time greats for the system hit the doormat today. Kicking off with what for me personally is the single greatest game for the system in HuCard format and quite possibly my favourite shmup of all time, Soldier Blade. Price wise I absolutely wince at what it cost me to get a pristine copy though.

Second it's another favourite HuCard shmup, Gunhed. I still remember drooling over this when it appeared in C&VG and being desperate to get my hands on it, and it didn't disappoint. Probably the game that really got me to fall in love with shooters on the system.

And finally the mind-blowing for the time R-Type I. This was my favourite arcade machine down at the seafront arcade when I was young, and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it on the PCE for the first time. I still get chills up my back when I haven't played it for a while and the music on the first stage kicks in. Still one of the all time greats.

So yeah, looks like I'm in deep **** as I'm hooked all over again.
                    Loving following you on this journey [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION].

Making me very jealous!

Comment

If you were to say to me at this point I needed help for addiction, I couldn't really argue it.

@Baseley09 posting pictures of his set up is partly to blame for all of this, just the sight of his briefcase set up was enough to tip me over the edge. This is going to need a little TLC though nothing major. A bit of retrobright action and some Novus scratch remover should see it in nice shape. Importantly the CD-Rom2 is functioning and the gears have been replaced, which was the biggest danger in buying it I guess, it was actually surprisingly quiet when I tested it!

To be honest this is more of a display thing rather than something I'll play on, as the HD System 3 deals with all that. (Plus the living room TV can't take composite anyway!)

Comment

Ooof, that my son is a thing of beauty! best set up ever ( wish I still had mine) sigh

Comment

If you were to say to me at this point I needed help for addiction, I couldn't really argue it.

@Baseley09 posting pictures of his set up is partly to blame for all of this, just the sight of his briefcase set up was enough to tip me over the edge. This is going to need a little TLC though nothing major. A bit of retrobright action and some Novus scratch remover should see it in nice shape. Importantly the CD-Rom2 is functioning and the gears have been replaced, which was the biggest danger in buying it I guess, it was actually surprisingly quiet when I tested it!

To be honest this is more of a display thing rather than something I'll play on, as the HD System 3 deals with all that. (Plus the living room TV can't take composite anyway!)

I think that's the best looking console setup ever and the fact it's got a briefcase setup too is just the finest design.

I'm sticking to rekindling my missing PCE CD times to the Analogue Duo, either way it's such a great combo.

Comment

Ahah that's amazing, really gone off the deep end now. Did wonder if you'd start picking up CD ganes, Anesan can't be far off :ROFL:

Comment

As much as I love the Ane-san soundtrack (because it’s awesome) it’s definitely not on my purchase list.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                Ahah that's amazing, really gone off the deep end now. Did wonder if you'd start picking up CD ganes, Anesan can't be far off :ROFL:
                                Ooff, I've been tempted to pick that up a few times but the price for what is basically a pretty mundane fighter has always put me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X