No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb, absolutely love the Hat Trick Hero games need to pick S up again, around when SF2 was still popular, apart from that my go to arcade game was Taito super cup finals.

My 2nd fave arcade soccer behind Seibu Olympic Cup Soccer

Comment

Some more goodies that have turned up this week...

Some more Saturn for the collection

Some DC Shooters

The first AES cart I've picked up in years

Comment

Wow some great ones, jelly of that Gekirindan, been eyeing that recently. Was just bidding on a Batsugun, chickened out when it went over a tonne

Comment

Geki's a good one, I should have picked it up years ago but it's not one that you come across at a decent price often.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            Wow some great ones, jelly of that Gekirindan, been eyeing that recently. Was just bidding on a Batsugun, chickened out when it went over a tonne
            Save your money. Genkirindan on the Saturn is piss poor. Wobbly scaling, loading and broken tate mode. Oh, and the intro and opening are low quality FMV when they should be real time. Japan Media Programming did the Saturn port. Their other Saturn games are :
            Gakkou no Kaidan (1995)
            Hiyake no Omoide & Himekuri: Girls in Motion Puzzle Vol. 1 (1995)
            Omakase! Savers (1996)
            Body Special 264: Girls in Motion Puzzle Vol. 2 (1996)
            Tokusou Kidoutai J SWAT (1996)
            Heartbeat Scramble (1996) (as JAMP)
            Okudera Yasuhiko no Sekai o Mezase! Soccer Kids: Nyuumon Hen (1996)
            DX Nippon Tokkyuu Ryokou Game (1996)
            Jinzou Ningen Hakaider: Last Judgement (1996)
            The Unsolved: Hyper Science Adventure (1997)
            Eberouge (1997)
            Voice Fantasia S: Ushinawareta Voice Power (1997)
            Tour Party: Sotsugyou Ryokou ni Ikou (1998)
            Eberouge Special: Koi to Mahou no Gakuen Seikatsu (1998)

Need I say anything more. All shovel ware crap.

Comment

Intersting, I was reading 99% of the missing graphics from the standard screen mode are present when playing tate mode, except for the rotating space station.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Intersting, I was reading 99% of the missing graphics from the standard screen mode are present when playing tate mode, except for the rotating space station.
                It's been a while since I played it but it is very disappointing concidering Layer Section came out over a year earlier and improves upon the Arcade. The zooming in Genkirindan is so janky from what I remember as well. Such as shame as it should have been and could have been arcade perfect.

Comment

Just a minor update to say I've looked at Sega Sound Team album and check this disc out - have you ever seen artwork on the read side? I can't think of any other time I've ever seen it! Disc is from 1990 so I guess they were still experimenting with them.

That disc itself is short at about 20 min, so I guess they just didn't use any data past the half way point and put text and a little graphic on it instead. Also the last track on it is a really good remix of Sprinter from Super Hang-On, one of my favourite game tunes easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    Just a minor update to say I've looked at Sega Sound Team album and check this disc out - have you ever seen artwork on the read side? I can't think of any other time I've ever seen it! Disc is from 1990 so I guess they were still experimenting with them.

That disc itself is short at about 20 min, so I guess they just didn't use any data past the half way point and put text and a little graphic on it instead. Also the last track on it is a really good remix of Sprinter from Super Hang-On, one of my favourite game tunes easy.
                    Oh that's a cool effect. I have a few audio CDs like that from the 90s. One is a Lisa Stansfield CD single that also has holographic print on it. There were a few cool CD art experiments around the mid 90s on CDs.

Comment

Just the one today, a fun little platformer,

Comment

So I had an idea.......

When you use a Super HD System 3 with a PCE and you insert a physical HuCard in to the system, it bypasses the SHDS3 and plays the game from the card itself, though still utilises all the AV out operation. The FPGA add on can also run Super Grafx games, so my thought was "Wait a minute, does that mean that if I stick a SG HuCard in it'll be able to run it? That would be pretty cool!" So, I went about buying the cheapest of the games dedicated to the machine, Battle Ace.

And did it run? Did it ****.

I am not unknown for having stupid ideas though, so we'll mark this one up to experience.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                          Just the one today, a fun little platformer,

I've never played this before but the Hudson Soft logo is practically a seal of approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            So I had an idea.......

When you use a Super HD System 3 with a PCE and you insert a physical HuCard in to the system, it bypasses the SHDS3 and plays the game from the card itself, though still utilises all the AV out operation. The FPGA add on can also run Super Grafx games, so my thought was "Wait a minute, does that mean that if I stick a SG HuCard in it'll be able to run it? That would be pretty cool!" So, I went about buying the cheapest of the games dedicated to the machine, Battle Ace.

And did it run? Did it ****.

I am not unknown for having stupid ideas though, so we'll mark this one up to experience.

Paha copy looks mint mate so swings and roundabouts

Best buy a Supergrafx now tbh.
                            Last edited by Baseley09; 27-07-2023, 20:33.

Comment

I've been looking for one for a while, was a nice one on eBay last week but I got outbid.

Comment

Assorted titles from July that I hadn't posted yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X