Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I have a few nice titles due to arrive this week if shipping and customs are nice to me, but the first thing to arrive is PC Genjin 3. A bit surprising to me that I've managed to get this one first before the other two in the series, but nice condition copies of all three seem a little thin on the ground.

Nice, where are you picking up your import stuff from?

Comment

Just the usual. Some Japanese stores and sellers, here, eBay etc.

Comment

A late arrival,

Came with a box protector to , bonus.

Comment

I had that one back in the day, brilliant box art.

Comment

Two games I love arrived today, and the individual posting of titles from Japan continues to be ignored by customs, though to be fair the prices were under what they care about anyway! (Is it under £30?)

Anyway, first up it's classic arcade action in the form of Chase H.Q. This is a game that robbed so much money from me at the student union when I was at college for my apprenticeship, I think I must've played it every day on every break time. Obviously the PCE can't give me the physical steering wheel spinning joys, but it still gives me the feels when I play it.

Then next up it's a title that I don't feel gets anything like the love it should do, Don Doko Don. In a way that may be a good thing, as it's avoided the high prices of other PCE Taito games like Parasol Stars, but for me it's every bit as good. As my mind wanders I'll always be baffled as to why Bubble Bobble was never released on the system though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              So cliff notes version;

The green screen is everywhere. Annoyingly the picture looks great and sharp apart from the green

- unmodded Pal Phat PS2 - set to RGB
              - plugged directly into Full RGB scart socket on the Trinitron
              - modded slim Pal PS2 - set to RGB, no settings or anything changes on the mod chip, plugged into different LCD TV, with RGB scart socket

I ordered a cheap supposed full RGB cable from EBay (from the feedback not the listing) so we shall see what happens. Seems like the e cable is biffed, hoping that it anyway ..!
              Turns out it must have been the cable, a cheapo cable from EBay arrived for a fiver that claimed to be full RGB, and seems to be- no more green screen, and much better imagery

Now to upgrade to a better one than doesn’t cost the earth

Comment

Two games I love arrived today, and the individual posting of titles from Japan continues to be ignored by customs, though to be fair the prices were under what they care about anyway! (Is it under £30?)

Anyway, first up it's classic arcade action in the form of Chase H.Q. This is a game that robbed so much money from me at the student union when I was at college for my apprenticeship, I think I must've played it every day on every break time. Obviously the PCE can't give me the physical steering wheel spinning joys, but it still gives me the feels when I play it.

Then next up it's a title that I don't feel gets anything like the love it should do, Don Doko Don. In a way that may be a good thing, as it's avoided the high prices of other PCE Taito games like Parasol Stars, but for me it's every bit as good. As my mind wanders I'll always be baffled as to why Bubble Bobble was never released on the system though.

I know exactly what you mean about Chase HQ, I adore it on almost every format and that game will always have a special place in my heart.

Don Doko Don is an incredible single screen platformer, absolutely brilliant.

Taito + PCE era is some absolute magic

Comment

I only have one more package due to arrive from Japan then I can stop spamming this thread up!

Another cracking wee pick up for my personal tastes here with Irem's Legend Of Hero Tonma. I've always loved the way this looks as it's one of the few games to run in the PC Engine's higher resolution mode, which I wish had been utilised more often. (Some shooters like Soldier Blade and Nexzr really benefit from it in arcade mode) Tonma on PCE is a lot easier than the arcade version but I still always enjoy a run through on it. This and Ninja Spirits were the two top Irem HuCards on my wants list, so pleased to now have them both again.

Comment

Ohhh nice not a cheap one!!

Had little idea about this hi res mode just seen a fair few ganes support it will try it out.

Comment

Hey ladies, would you like to come back and view by Sega Saturn shooters collection, said no one ever. But here's a few more beauties for the archive

Comment

I only have one more package due to arrive from Japan then I can stop spamming this thread up!

Another cracking wee pick up for my personal tastes here with Irem's Legend Of Hero Tonma. I've always loved the way this looks as it's one of the few games to run in the PC Engine's higher resolution mode, which I wish had been utilised more often. (Some shooters like Soldier Blade and Nexzr really benefit from it in arcade mode) Tonma on PCE is a lot easier than the arcade version but I still always enjoy a run through on it. This and Ninja Spirits were the two top Irem HuCards on my wants list, so pleased to now have them both again.

Ooh, bet that wasn't cheap. Great game and very impressive graphically.

Comment

It wasn't, no. But it was however a price I could live with, which would seem to be all you can hope for buying anything retro these days!

Comment

The PC Engine Tonma port is a miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              My in-laws had one of their cars on show at a transport festival and another owner and I got to talking about how she was looking to have a massive clear out of her son's gaming stuff. He's autistic and has, over the years, amassed loads of stuff that he just wasn't interested in anymore. I offered to help go through it all and see if any of it was worth money.

Spent a Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago sorting through piles of stuff.

An unboxed N64 (with decent pad), a non-yellowed Dreamcast, a PSOne with LCD Screen (LCD still had the factory installed screen protector on it!!), a Master System 2, a fully boxed MD1 with Pele Soccer.

Over 125 PSOne games (mostly filler but Ghoul Panic jumped out at me), a stack of PS2 games (again, filler), fully boxed N64 games like Rocket, Glover, Space Station Silicon Valley, Lode Runner etc...

Hopefully she'll be able to get some decent cash for it. I was tempted by the N64 and DC but I'd barely play them.

For my trouble, she let me have these... Minty fresh and I'm super happy!

Update on this.

My in-laws bumped into their friend today and she told them that she'd managed to sell everything.

£2000!!!!!

Comment

Ok, for once I’m going to pre-empt a new delivery post, because if nothing else I’m mocking myself! Ten years ago give or take I sold two fantastic PC-Engine shmups to @gordon for I think, £200 for the pair. There was a fair bit of discussion with Gordon being a bit worried about the price, but I’m fairly sure I said “honestly, these two games can only appreciate financially”. This is the worst Pat on the back ever, because it’s been painful to buy them back, but at least I was absolutely right for once. Pics Monday of two of my six PCE grail titles. (At much more than they cost first time round )
                                Last edited by Colin; 13-08-2023, 08:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X