Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today ended up being quite a day.

Long story short, I'd been speaking to someone elsewhere who was looking to sell up their collection in one go. As someone who doesn't drive, it only even struck me as even being viable when I realised that they lived 20mins away from where my sister lives, so after some brotherly pleading a plan was formed. I'm sure the detectives among you will be able to dig around and find where this took place and what was paid, but I'd rather just say that while it all felt a bit too good to be true, when I got there, everything not only checked out, but the deal was sweetened even further with additional things that weren't in the original listing, and were now being (very generously) thrown in.

In time honoured forum tradition, this "OMG I FOUND THE MOTHERLODE" post does not have a complete set of pictures yet, as I've had to leave the vast majority of things at my sister's house, who is on holiday as of Wednesday this week. Very convenient for the "pics or it didn't happen" crew, eh? What I was able to bring home today on the train was 1 (one) box of Super Famicom games, though it's a box which I think sets the scene nicely.

Still to come: FC, FDS, NES, PCE, N64, PS1, Saturn, GC... and boy, a lot of hardware too.

Comment

Holy moly what a selection, excited to see the rest!

Comment

****ing hell. Waiting patiently for the PCE section to fill me with quiet jealous rage.

Comment

Finally arrived after a customs hold up with a bit of a sting in the tail, not too bad considering prices paid. Last splurg for a while ( he says!! ). I've been thinking about Download 2 for so long, the OG is top 5 of games ever for me so to finally pop my cherry on number 2 is exciting.

There's not a lot left Arcade Card wise for me to get as Sapphire is a wallet buster and the wrestling games look a bit naff. Yes Gradius needs a new case, complete mind otherwise!

Last edited by Baseley09; 17-10-2023, 09:55.

Comment

Man, I love this thread at the moment. Awesome work.

Comment

Yeah it's absolutely come alive recently! Looking forward to the rest of fuse's pictures so I can live vicariously!

Comment

Was doing my swede Gradius II not having its case, found a black one at work off a CDR, didnt look right, then scoured the depths of our old software repository and came across a pristine white one, probably not accurately beiged enough by the sands of time, but my shelf will cope

Comment

Just last week I was at a pub quiz and there was a question along the lines of "what media format in the 1990s came in jewel cases?". I was already quietly seething over the time specificity, but then we swapped answer sheets with a table of young'uns who'd put "cassette tape"

Colin's post the other day also made me go check that my Gradius 2 had the sticker sheet. It did!

Comment

OT but related - I was at a pub quiz a while ago (came down to a tie-breaker, which we won because, funnily enough, the question was what year did Mario make his debut in a video game and the younger folk we were up against thought it was some point in the 90s). Anyway, there was another group of youngsters who were clearly not the brightest. Their answer to who was on the throne before Queen Elizabeth was Victoria the Second! Amazingly bad answer.

Comment

recent pick ups the sonic box was the most expensive empty box i’ve ever bought at £65, but it makes my sonic complete and worked out a lot cheaper than a complete copy of the game

not sure if i posted this one but it’s so pristine and, it was a really cheap pick up compared to what the uk copy goes for

And this is how the little collection is going so far

Last edited by Lebowski; 18-10-2023, 18:23.

Comment

Awesome stuff, love the pocket.

The photo also shows how messed up my brain is though because it’s making my eye twitch that Metal Slug 1st Mission is on the right of the second one when my OCD says it should be on the left.

Comment

Great stuff man. Big fan of the Pocket too. V proud of my little collection too. Maybe I will take a snap even though it’s far from a new purchase. It’s not a complete UK set etc like some of you guys have (it’s mostly JPN) but it’s a set of games I’m def fond of.

Comment

Good stuff, [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]. Hard black plastic does make me vomit a little bit though. Hopefully the pocket games are nicer than the PAL MD cases - you could pull out a tooth with one of those things!

Comment

The snaplocks used for the NGPC games are a lot nicer than PAL MD cases (which are rough, I agree).

Comment

It's a bit backwards is Neo Geo pocket collecting as normally Japanese and American releases are the most desirable but its the PAL versions which are amongst some of the most desirable and sadly the most expensive. A lot of Japanese and American releases came in cardboard boxes and not the mini shock boxes that ape the clam shell boxes that came with Neo Geo AES games.

Copies of Pal Neo Geo pocket games are quite hard to come by now as in the UK the NGPC got sent for an early bath, with it removed from shelves prematurely with stock sent back to SNK. i remember Game UK removed their stock immediately but places like Gamestation and smaller indies kept selling new games for quite a bit after. Some of the rarest games for it are Faselei and Cool Borders which where released the week it was removed from shelves and are really hard to come by as they sold in very limited quantities, i used to have both but sold most of my collection off when my son was born 16 years ago, ive been slowly building it back up ever since.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 19-10-2023, 10:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X