Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Unplanned portable theme for these recent arrivals.

Interesting picks. I hadn't heard of those Hyper Mega Tech handhelds before. Are they from Blaze, too?

BTW, if you didn't know, the best way to play Outrun on PSP is to play on a machine running custom firmware and unlock the full clock speed (333mhz). It's a great port anyway but doing that massively increases the framerate.

Comment

Very cool Master System homebrew you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Very cool Master System homebrew you have there.
        The guy that makes them has loads of titles available. I’m so tempted to order more. He’s doing GG Aleste 1,2 and 3 for me next.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          The guy that makes them has loads of titles available. I’m so tempted to order more. He’s doing GG Aleste 1,2 and 3 for me next.
          I wonder if he'd be interested in doing Mark 3 / Japanese Master System versions?

Comment

Any chance of a link?

Comment

I’m interested too! Some time back I saw some guy on Facebook selling homebrew SMS games but they were cart only and it all seemed a bit sketchy as he wasn’t even explaining them to be homebrew or anything.

Comment

I picked up an untested NTSC-U PS2 (SCPH-50001) and it works perfectly. I think this is the first USA PS2 that I have owned (besides debugging stations).

I also picked up some more NTSC-U N64 carts.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
                  Any chance of a link?
                  I found him via the SMS Power forum you can contact him here - [email protected]

He sent me this photo of the carts he offers although it’s probably outdated now
                  Last edited by CMcK; 18-11-2023, 13:37.

Comment

No pics because I’m too lazy to host them to link here and they are already on my socials and the BD discord but this week I had a few bits arrive.

Neo Geo MV1B mobo
                    Ryuuko no Ken 2 MVS
                    Puzzle Bobble MVS but that one’s a boot.

By Tuesday the lone wolves should be back and there will be violent fighting to come again.

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION], what’s the cover art printing like? I have considered buying replicas of some very pricey games, but after watching youtube reviews I wasn’t convinced of the quality on cover art printing. If anyone knows of a high quality seller, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                        @CMcK, what’s the cover art printing like? I have considered buying replicas of some very pricey games, but after watching youtube reviews I wasn’t convinced of the quality on cover art printing. If anyone knows of a high quality seller, let me know.
                        I’m happy with the quality of the covers. I can take some better pictures and send them to you if that’s any help?

Comment

I’m happy with the quality of the covers. I can take some better pictures and send them to you if that’s any help?
                          If you think you can get a really good pic and it’s not too much trouble, that would be very kind. Have you compared it to original SMS cover art, I imagine any difference would be apparent from the lines/grid or perhaps typefaces? I’m quite particular about these things, call it a “photographer’s eye”.

Comment

Treat myself to this today from Amazon Japan, i have wanted one of these for over a decade originally they used to be stupidly priced but now a hell of a lot more pocket friendly this one is in great condition the box is a little beat up but not surprising as they are really old now. Hoping the shipping doesn't destroy me but will make sure to get it here before the xmas rush starts soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Interesting picks. I hadn't heard of those Hyper Mega Tech handhelds before. Are they from Blaze, too?
                              Yeah they are, and arguably most importantly they also play Evercade carts too. I have not done much with any of my Evercade kit (though our own [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] did some good work breaking down the pros / cons) but this is now an even cheaper entry point into that ecosystem.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Treat myself to this today from Amazon Japan, i have wanted one of these for over a decade originally they used to be stupidly priced but now a hell of a lot more pocket friendly this one is in great condition the box is a little beat up but not surprising as they are really old now. Hoping the shipping doesn't destroy me but will make sure to get it here before the xmas rush starts soon.
                              Superb work - that does look in very tidy condition. I know you're versed with AC PoMu already, but whenever I see things I remember that initial shock of going from a mini controller to a fullsize, which is so very different compared to that same jump with IIDX controllers!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Superb work - that does look in very tidy condition. I know you're versed with AC PoMu already, but whenever I see things I remember that initial shock of going from a mini controller to a fullsize, which is so very different compared to that same jump with IIDX controllers!
                                It's the same jump as playing jubeat on ipad then playing it in arcade you can cheat on the smaller controls and get used to bad habits that don't work in the full sized scale. Really surprised how it's dropped in price the one i picked up was £125 and it's thankfully been tested by the shop that has it. They listed it as in like new condition so i remain hopeful.

Really tempted to get a PS2 again to continue the series as i can only go upto popn 6, thankfully the ps2 ones havent taken the same price spike as beatmania some of those in japan are crazily expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X