No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a look at the yahoo auctions through Buyee yesterday and the prices seemed just as nuts as here, if not worse, in most instances. Or is it just a case of scouring the site every day looking for the odd bargain?

Comment

You do need to be patient with it. I tend to have a list of all of the stuff I want and just keep an eye out for bargains rather than going shopping for particular items. It's why sometimes in my pickups you'll notice something totally random to the rest of the stuff I've picked up

Comment

Yeah exactly that I drill down to the systems I'm buying for and filter to ending soon to see what bargs can be snagged.

And also search not categorised for particular titles in English and Japanese - I've found a lot of games just under "Toys".
        Last edited by Baseley09; 19-01-2024, 19:17.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out.

Made this absolutely lush purchase from Jamie on here of an original PS with PSIO. Being the top bloke he is, he somehow managed to have preloaded pretty much all my favourite games on to it before shipping, or more likely we just have very, VERY similar tastes.

OG hardware with everdrives/ODE solutions are definitely the way for me, absolutely loving my ever increasing (with spousal approval ) set up! The modern comforts of bluetooth pads is a major plus too.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            OG hardware with everdrives/ODE solutions are definitely the way for me, absolutely loving my ever increasing (with spousal approval ) set up! The modern comforts of bluetooth pads is a major plus too.
            Let us know how you get on with your new PS setup. I have been playing RE: True Director’s Cut on my PS1. I love my xStation so much I splashed the cash on an Everdrive and plan to play RE2 on the 64 next! 🥰

Comment

Snap, picked a jpn one one up off ebay a few weeks back for £39 i have yet to test it though with any games as all my PS1 stuff is hidden in the mountain of moving boxes and as the machine came with no cables i'd need to find my stepdown too. I still have a picopsu board to install but the seller put a tamper sticker on so i need to check it works before i mess with that. Was apparently maintained and the drive rails lubed and the laser tuned up it also seems to have a new spindle as i don't remember them been grey, kind of glad it's replaced as all the ones i have come across seem to have the little square flaps on the spindle near the disk holding bearings that keep the disk snug broken off or hanging on by a thread. Wanted the original release as you have finger room to pick up and put the disks in, with the tiny psone you barely have room to grab them leading to them slipping out of your hands if not careful or them sliding all over the spindle hub as you try to get them in. Disks scratch easy enough and some in my library are not cheap to replace.

While there are loads of ps1 out there it's kind of a pain trying to find one thats not trashed, loads are cheap on ebay but all yellow or the drives are busted. Even if i try in japan it's the same hassle. Fingers crossed this one doesn't have to go back.

Comment

Todays arrivals , happy to finally have got a nice copy of Tetris and link cable together.

Comment

Class. You must have quite the Japanese Gameboy collection by now!

Comment

Gameboy Bugs Bunny is one of my favourite games! love that cover!

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                    Todays arrivals , happy to finally have got a nice copy of Tetris and link cable together.

Comment

Couple of quality of life upgrades arrived today, and I have to say these seem to work an absolute treat on my original MD & SFC hardware. I particularly like th escape and feel of the MD pad, extremely comfortable! Great at just under £20 each.

Comment

How is the D-pad on the SNES pad Colin?

Comment

It's been really good with everything I've played today, but I haven't played anything like Streetfighter with it to better answer.

Comment

Latest proxy order came through this week.

Over Obj there is a recent Famicom game that has had some fairly small print runs but thankfully was still in stock at 1983.jp. Then a certain someone round these parts tempted me with this...

Comment

fuse can you bring a fighter jet to a slap fight, seems a bit unevenly matched?! 😉😂

Comment

fuse, nice collection you have there. Slap Fight must have set you back a pretty penny.
                                How is Avenger on the PC Engine? I see that a lot for a cheap price but in PC Engine circles that often means it's total crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X