No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't played it yet, but came on the radar as I saw it being mentioned as being a bit like a proto-Zero Gunner, if that helps adjust the interest levels appropriately!

Comment

I don’t mind Avenger, it’s a playable enough game, but proto Zero Gunner is a bit excessive.

Comment

Funnily enough I bought it a week or so back and it's with my proxy now. I'd never come across is before and saw it for hardly anything and picked it up. I'll let you know what I think when my copy arrives

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Haven't played it yet, but came on the radar as I saw it being mentioned as being a bit like a proto-Zero Gunner, if that helps adjust the interest levels appropriately!
          Cheers. I just took the plunge and bought one with a spine card for 2000 yen. It's by Laser Soft I'll keep my exceptions low 😅

Comment

More Cave M2 goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

More Cave M2 goodness!
              What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

What's that?
                Dodonpachi DaiOuJou Blissful Death Re:Incarnation. It feels a lot of us are getting it through this year, stunning game!

Comment

Avenger on the PC Engine CD ROM showed up today.
                  I was supposed to get one with a spine but this copy arrived instead. The seller kindly reduced the price by 800 yen. Can't really complain as it was super cheap and in great condition.

Comment

Few more PCE shooters for the archives, from our resident top seller Wheela. Rayxanber III has been on my mind since seeing screenshots of it in diehard gamefan sales page in an EGM in the early 90s.

Last edited by Baseley09; 13-02-2024, 21:33.

Comment

Rayxanber III was a game I once had but stupidly sold. It's way better than part 2 (which I still own) but still stupidly hard.
                      I've been trying to get another copy the last year or so but it's just so expensive these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Rayxanber III was a game I once had but stupidly sold. It's way better than part 2 (which I still own) but still stupidly hard.
                        I've been trying to get another copy the last year or so but it's just so expensive these days.
                        Yeah I was playing it last night, quite impressed is very enjoyable compared to number 2, infact I'd say I don't really like that entry!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Yeah I was playing it last night, quite impressed is very enjoyable compared to number 2, infact I'd say I don't really like that entry!
                          I'd agree. Part 2 is just frustrating. Part 1 is downright crap. That wasn't on the PC Engine though, only the FM Towns.

Comment

I enjoyed Rayzanber II but unfortunately stage 4 is just broken difficult. With a slight tweak on ship weapon damage it could have been great.

Rayzanber III is really great IMO. All the levels do something different which makes it super interesting and the music is top notch! The only problem is the piercing laser sound, which really needed toning down.

RIII's OST is a regular on my playlist.

Comment

Star Parodier is an easy game but it's loads of fun to play through. Nice pickups Baseley09

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Avenger on the PC Engine CD ROM showed up today.
                                I was supposed to get one with a spine but this copy arrived instead. The seller kindly reduced the price by 800 yen. Can't really complain as it was super cheap and in great condition.

Just played through Avenger last night.

It's pretty fast paced and comes across as tough but unlimited continues means you can grind learning quickly and you start to find your way through.

I think the reports of this game being poor are unfounded, I really enjoyed my session on it. It's like the classic B movie that's actually a good watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X