No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love the PlayStation Doom games, spend many a night ( a long time ago) with mates, using the link cable for 2 player, a few times we played for almost 10 hours, starting at normally 7/8 at night after a either a pizza/Chinese or Indian, we would then playing till we fell asleep.

utterly fantastic game.

Comment

When you've heard the babies crying in PS1 Doom, nothing else comes near for atmosphere! Plus the lighting is awesome.

Comment

A few recent pick ups, around ?12 for the four of them.

Comment

I was playing this in the arcade the other day and just had to have it. It should go well with my stick I'm moding with Sanwa parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            The original game isn't remotely haunting. Unless you play on PS1.
            The first time I heard the Hell Knight (and later the Barons of Hell), I completely shat it. The PC game had a load of ambient music too!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              When you've heard the babies crying in PS1 Doom, nothing else comes near for atmosphere! Plus the lighting is awesome.
              Word up.. Shame the levels were stripped back so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                The first time I heard the Hell Knight (and later the Barons of Hell), I completely shat it. The PC game had a load of ambient music too!
                I just never clicked with the audio. Either way the game is incredible though.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  i love the PlayStation Doom games, spend many a night ( a long time ago) with mates, using the link cable for 2 player, a few times we played for almost 10 hours, starting at normally 7/8 at night after a either a pizza/Chinese or Indian, we would then playing till we fell asleep.

utterly fantastic game.
                  That sounds like a fantastic night in! I miss those days where all your mates were around your area and you all had the same kind of interests. Nowadays, all my mates are in different towns or countries, everything has to be planned a week in advance or it's just for a pint and dinner. The gaming sessions I have nowadays are with my best mate twice a year on average when we hook up for some classic PC link up or once or twice a week with my Brother on PS4. They may not be as frequent but I still cherish days or evenings where I can get some decent multiplayer gaming in with loved ones.

Rather oddly, I played a decent amount of PC link up with my mates such as Doom, Duke 3D and Age of Empires but never played any console link up back in the day.

Comment

I used to play Command and Conquer with a mate on the PS1. Good times.

Comment

Same here for Wipeout 2097 & F1. Maybe others.

Wouldnt dream of it these days, even though it wouldnt involve hulking CRT's anymore!!

Comment

Let me explain why sending me away from home for two weeks is a bad idea. After the first week I get bored. When I get bored I look at ebay. When I look at ebay I spend money. Here is the first of a few pics to come tonight, MCD to go with the MD I posted about a little bit back. Box is tatty but thankfully the system is in lovely condition. ?100 seemed reasonable by what else is available out there.

This is all I have for now for the system games wise, the bundled four game disc with the system, and the mighty Thunderhawk!

Decided not to sell the PS I had in the sales section, so thought I would start trying out the systems shmup library. Never played either of these, and I'm aware Thunder Force V is meant to be better on the Saturn, but I don't have one so PS it is!

And for those that saw the update to my retro room in the set ups thread, you probably noticed a glaring omission system wise. I realised pretty much as soon as I sold my last one to Chojin I'd made a big mistake, luckily picking up really nice condition SFC consoles is ridiculously easy compared to every other retro format. All classic systems now in place!

And for those of you still wondering what arrived in the suitcase as posted in the smiles thread!

Wanted a back up NTSC 3DO system so found a lovely Japanese unit -

With lots of extras! Sticks and fighters -

Pile of other Japanese games -

And yet more games, PAL -

It'll be the usual case of looting the bits out of the bundle I want then selling on the bits I don't. Ultimately it'll vastly reduce what it would've cost me to get the games I wanted from the lot individually.

PHEW! Now that was a big post!
                        Last edited by Colin; 11-09-2015, 19:01.

Comment

Lots of cool stuff, Colin!

Comment

****ing hell.

Excellent.

Comment

Very jealous of the 3do kit

Comment

It was a nice bundle deal Brad, thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X