No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great gets. Love the PSP and Saturn stuff.

Comment

I’ve given up deciding if these count as retro or not, but I purchased another 50 quid PSN voucher for Mega Man X Collections 1 & 2 and Chaos Code - New Sign of Catastrophe. I used some of the remaining funds to get Gekido: Kintaro’s Revenge.

Comment

Had a hankering to play this, so I ended up finally grabbing a copy. Sometimes I don't find copies for reasonable prices with the obi but this one came in at just under £8 posted so that was fine with me. Prefer Tekken 3, but I've played that to death.

Comment

I loved Tekken 2. I spent so much time learning King’s crazy throw combo’s.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Prefer Tekken 3, but I've played that to death.
            I remember loving Tekken 2 - and saw it as a really nice upgrade over the original game. The third game pushed the PS1 even further, and I also prefer it, but Tekken 2 is well worth playing.

It's nice to look back and remember how big a thing the first three Tekken games were. I really liked the first game when I bought it in '95.

Comment

Had a hankering to play this, so I ended up finally grabbing a copy. Sometimes I don't find copies for reasonable prices with the obi but this one came in at just under £8 posted so that was fine with me. Prefer Tekken 3, but I've played that to death.

Nice; love T2 (especially the music). Still using the Sony crt 14” set?

Comment

That I am. I'll probably just give in to an OSSC if this dies and I can't fix it.

Comment

That I am. I'll probably just give in to an OSSC if this dies and I can't fix it.
                  Excellent - good crts seem to be getting muncher harder to find now; I think the train has pulled out of the station....

Comment

Yes I feel the same. I don't think I can be bothered to source one again, especially not with the prices they command now.

Comment

When I finally figured out to get the most out of the OSSC using my particular Sony LCD, the image looks really nice. The colours in particular look very rich. I would definitely recommend the OSSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        When I finally figured out to get the most out of the OSSC using my particular Sony LCD, the image looks really nice. The colours in particular look very rich. I would definitely recommend the OSSC.
                        Briefly owned a 1.5 unit, which wasn't ideal due to having to handle audio separately. 240p performance was fantastic though, just the 480i felt lacking. But interlaced video is difficult. Still, better than both internal TV scaling and having nothing at all.

Comment

All of these were free apart from Resident Evil 4 and DK: Jungle Beat ($10 each) and the not pictured Star Fox 64 3D thanks to Lukie Games’ points system. Had to buy replacement cases for Luigi’s Mansion and Paper Mario to get rid of the Player’s Choice cover arts though

Last edited by Nico87; 25-07-2018, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                            All of these were free apart from Resident Evil 4 and DK: Jungle Beat ($10 each) and the not pictured Star Fox 64 3D thanks to Lukie Games’ points system. Had to buy replacement cases for Luigi’s Mansion and Paper Mario to get rid of the Player’s Choice cover arts though
                            All great games. Makes me want to boot up Luigi's Mansion. I might also have a go on the bongos.

Comment

They are a good long term solution. I have an Amiga CRT that I'm using at the moment though and it will be a real shame when that does. The ossc is really really good at what it does but at the end of the day the image is displayed on a modern LCD or plasma or led and that just looks so different to a CRT that it'll never really look right.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                and that just looks so different to a CRT that it'll never really look right.
                                I wouldn't say it looks "so different", just not 100% authentic. If you set up your LCD screen and OSSC properly, you can get a very nice CRT-esque image that I'd say looks beautiful compared to how LCD screens usually display 240p sort of retro games.

Ultimately though, there are certain elements of CRT screens that can't be replicated. CRT is completely different tech to LCD, so something like the OSSC was made to help make pre-HD games look attractive and close to how you'd expect them to look on a good CRT screen. The OSSC and Framemeister are definitely must-haves for retro gamers who don't want to use CRT screens.

I bought one of these[Sony KV-14T1U] a few months back. After working out how to get into the service menu and sort things out, I now have a really nice image when using the SNES, Mega Drive, Neo Geo, PC Engine. I got the geometry and colour saturation just right. Using it brings home why people still love using CRT screens. But I only use it now and then for a nostalgia fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X