No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. I really like the Pepsiman game and that box art is just legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

I feel like that 2,800 yen label on the obi is just there to taunt me
      Oh that's it [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] rub my face in it with your fancy pepsiman spinecard on full display lol you monster. To say i'm envious is a understatement it was pricy enough without that addition it was already getting dangerously close to £100 back when i got mine. if only it was still close to it's original rrp. Blame youtube for that they ruined it by turning this one into a "look at this wacky japanese hidden gem" game along with lsd and a bunch of others.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

I feel like that 2,800 yen label on the obi is just there to taunt me
        Lol, yep. You'll never get the game for that price now. Nice pick up on Boarder Down. That's a great Dreamcast shooter.

Comment

Not convinced I should be talking to [MENTION=2970]Nu-Eclipse[/MENTION] now
          After discussing F-ZERO in the GameCube retrospective thread this has arrived today

Box is a little squashed on one side but not bad

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Not convinced I should be talking to [MENTION=2970]Nu-Eclipse[/MENTION] now
            After discussing F-ZERO in the GameCube retrospective thread this has arrived today

Box is a little squashed on one side but not bad

Neil
            Ha! Fair play to ya!

How much you get it for?

Comment

Excellent work Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Ha! Fair play to ya!

How much you get it for?
                Lol thanks man
                Got it for £30

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Excellent work Neil.
                Thanks
                My first retro purchase in a long time

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Lol thanks man
                  Got it for £30
                  That is a steal. Well played!

Best of luck if you decide to go in for a copy of Climax!

Comment

Not posted for a while and picked up a few things and had my birthday.

After buying the House of the Deads on PS3 during the Big Closing Down Scare, I managed to get a move setup at an okay-ish price. And then grabbed Resi 5 Gold since I loooove Resi 5 and loved Resi 4 with the Wii remote. Treated myself to a New 3DS XL after never upgrading from my launch 3DS and got some games to go with it. The 3DS is now hacked and ready for next time I go to Japan and raid Book Offs for Japanese only games. Then courtesy of folks on the forum I got some more Dreamcast games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      That is a steal. Well played!

Best of luck if you decide to go in for a copy of Climax!
                      Thanks man
                      I was the only bidder & ended at £29 plus postage so I'm happy with that

Lol yeah pretty sure Climax won't be happening ever
                      Those prices are insane, even as cart only it's beyond all realms of acceptability

Neil

Comment

More stuff just arrived. More J DC games courtesy of dyer and a couple of handheld bits.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                          Treated myself to a New 3DS XL after never upgrading from my launch 3DS and got some games to go with it. The 3DS is now hacked and ready for next time I go to Japan and raid Book Offs for Japanese only games.
                          One thing I would watch out for is games that have updates available and/or DLC. You can install them manually via a .cia file with FBI but the unit will only pull that kind of thing for games of the same region as the console. Still not too many do have those things so you'll largely be fine I'm sure.

Comment

I hadn't thought of that. I went for a PAL machine so I could be sure that my eshop purchases would transfer correctly. Didn't think about JP DLC. Really hate the region locking Nintendo put on this.

Comment

Don't know if this should be considered retro or not. Maybe?

Been picking up some doubles to play multiplayer on. I already have all European region (Nintendo stopped using PAL-region name for 3DS) games, but after playing Legend of Zelda Tri-Force Heroes and Metroid Prime: Federation Force I realised that I want to play more multiplayer 3DS games. So I've been picking them up when they have been cheap. I'm not expecting much from some of them, like FIFA 12 or Beyblade Evolution will probably not be all that enjoyable to me. Disney Infinity is a intresting one as it is region locked within European region, I already had SCN copy of the game and when I bought EUR copy of the game, they refused to connect with each other, so I had to buy a third copy that (thankfully) ended up being EUR copy as well. Disney Infinity will probably be pretty bad as well, at least the single player game is awful.

LEGO Lord of the Rings might be fun to co-op with a friend someday. Cars 2 singleplayer game is mission oriented and not really that good, but the multiplayer is head to head racing, and it's made by Firebrand games who have made other good racing games for 3DS, so I'm hoping that it's going to be a fun multiplayer game. Mosnter Hunter I have had some trouble getting into, but it might be fun to play with friends, and try to get into together.

Comment

That is some prep! Not sure if you've got specific co-op buddies in mind, but MH is the obvious stand-out for me, with the proviso you're going to need to do a lot of work on each savegame to get it ready for anything.

New one for me, filling a gap in the Castlevania collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X