• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved that game on the megadrive!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      I loved that game on the megadrive!
      It’s one of my guilty pleasures, the MD version is. My mate and I conquered Europe loads BITD and did once more only recently, only a couple of months back. He crashed over at mine as we got p*ssed and finished it. I wake up in the morning and what do I find? Dave in my gaming room playing Centurion again! He was always crap at the chariot races though so it was always up to me to win the talents needed to build a fleet.

Comment

I could never do the races and Hannibal always escaped battle too!

Comment

You have to reduce your speed to below the indicator way before the turns, that’s the key.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            You have to reduce your speed to below the indicator way before the turns, that’s the key.
            I used to like driving a wedge or the one with a point, and hosses on the flanks to cut in.

Comment

I used to like driving a wedge or the one with a point, and hosses on the flanks to cut in.
              Mate, I could talk tactics all night with you. You don’t live near Hertfordshire, do you? Maybe you, Dave and I should meet up for a Centurion sesh!

Comment

Mate, I could talk tactics all night with you. You don’t live near Hertfordshire, do you? Maybe you, Dave and I should meet up for a Centurion sesh!
                Sadly not, the last I found a megadrive kindred brother on here was over buck rogers countdown to doomsday, I think it was Elaniel? I still have my Centurion of Rome, owned since I was a kid. I was given a pc game by a relative, some gulf war type game, but I didn’t have a pc. So I swapped it with a lad in my English class for Centurion.

Comment

Sadly not, the last I found a megadrive kindred brother on here was over buck rogers countdown to doomsday, I think it was Elaniel? I still have my Centurion of Rome, owned since I was a kid. I was given a pc game by a relative, some gulf war type game, but I didn’t have a pc. So I swapped it with a lad in my English class for Centurion.
                  Not War in the Gulf was it? Me and Dave used to play that on my Amiga.

I think you should invite us up some time

I don’t mind bringing the draw :/

Funny you say you got it from a kid at school as that’s how I got introduced to it too. Bought Centurion off a kid called Paul Warner who was looking to raise funds for his own draw addiction. We were all into it back then
                  Last edited by samanosuke; 07-08-2020, 21:04.

Comment

How many Buck Rogers games where there on the Megdrive? I played one obsessively , I might remember a needle gun? I never played games like that much but it had hold on me. I don't remember buying it so must have got it off a friend.

Comment

Not War in the Gulf was it? Me and Dave used to play that on my Amiga.

I think you should invite us up some time

I don’t mind bringing the draw :/
                      That sounds familiar, I think it was! Haha I don’t want my tactics going to pot.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                        How many Buck Rogers games where there on the Megdrive? I played one obsessively , I might remember a needle gun? I never played games like that much but it had hold on me. I don't remember buying it so must have got it off a friend.
                        The very same! Lunarian weapons for the win! All the legends used needle guns too!

Comment

Wow I've never seen anyone mention that game in my life. Laughing to myself right now.

Comment

Wow I've never seen anyone mention that game in my life. Laughing to myself right now.
                            I used to try to play it once a year, even recently. I’m sure it was Elaniel, he wa shocked too as he also loved it. I did all the side missions including the arse kicking at Thule. I even collected the books and role play books based on the universe the game used XXVC.

Comment

That game had some element that sucked you in once you got into it. I can clearly remember playing it early evening after school. Weird how memory works, no idea how it ended up in my hands but remember playing it.

Comment

That game had some element that sucked you in once you got into it. I can clearly remember playing it early evening after school. Weird how memory works, no idea how it ended up in my hands but remember playing it.
                                I got mine for my birthday while on a caravan trip to Carlise I think. I still have the recipt from dixons inside

Comment

Working...
                                X