Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pick up [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]

As a fan of old school Resi but someone who's never played a Dino Crisis, should I bother with the first or leap straight into the second?

Comment

I'd definitely start with the first, it's more like a Resi with dinosaurs. Strangely enough 2 felt more arcade-y to me, there's a lot less tension and a lot more availability of weaponry.

Comment

Ah yes, I do recall reading that the second is much more of an action game. OK, thanks, that's useful. Deffo need to dive into the first game at some point soon.

Comment

That's probably a better way of putting it yeah. I'd usually make it through this sort of game slowly when I was younger but I was done with this the day after I bought it back then.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Have owned the first and the three resi games for years but this one alluded me. Probably more than I'd usually want to pay but prices just keep creeping up unfortunately. Pretty nice condition besides the small crack too, cracks don't bother me so much though.
            How much did that one set you back? I had the original Dino Crisis a couple of years back which I sold, something Im really regretting now as prices have tripled for that one within the last two years

Comment

Set me back 33 incl postage, although it apparently sells for double that regularly. I paid £7 for my US Dino Crisis so this felt like a pretty big outlay.

Comment

Finally took delivery of a Chinese capture card called something snappy like "USB 3.0 Video Capture 4K", which sounds sketchy as hell but is one of the few cards known to properly work with the notoriously fussy output of the OSSC without much grief. This means I can start recording old game footage. I'm not beautiful enough to be a streamer so I'll be talking about old games instead.

I need to do some tweaking around as I only just got it running last night, but here's some sample footage of the MD version of Darius Extra I got the other week: https://youtu.be/Wx_VD2aw2x0

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  Finally took delivery of a Chinese capture card called something snappy like "USB 3.0 Video Capture 4K", which sounds sketchy as hell but is one of the few cards known to properly work with the notoriously fussy output of the OSSC without much grief. This means I can start recording old game footage. I'm not beautiful enough to be a streamer so I'll be talking about old games instead.

I need to do some tweaking around as I only just got it running last night, but here's some sample footage of the MD version of Darius Extra I got the other week: https://youtu.be/Wx_VD2aw2x0
                  Beauty is in the eye of the shoulder or something.

Comment

Really digging the c64 cart scene recently,

Comment

Picked this one up the other day. Promises to be half RPG, half dating sim... Put nearly an hour in so far and I'm a little surprised this was localised at all. Has some pretty nice visuals though, and has some voice acting too. Quite impressive technically.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Picked this one up the other day. Promises to be half RPG, half dating sim... Put nearly an hour in so far and I'm a little surprised this was localised at all. Has some pretty nice visuals though, and has some voice acting too. Quite impressive technically.

Thanks for the overview - I’ll be adding this to the ever growing PS1 collection on my RG350M. Any more obscure stuff like this, feel free to recommend!

Comment

Came to a bit of a decision lately that with prices on stuff generally only going one way, I'll be a bit more cavalier filling in bits of my collection when the chance should arise. Got another couple of decent orders due next week, but for now there's a mix of eBay pickups and some PCE bits from the trade forum here.

(always been interested in this but that cover could not be any LESS Sega!)

Some more GG bits to tinker with

PCE goodness

Comment

Nice one! I've kind of taken a similar approach recently too. Love those GG boxes.

Comment

Hope you are fully versed in how to play shiritori as Wagyan land uses that damn wordgame in pretty much every version, on a plus i now know the words for loads of random stuff in japanese thanks to that minigame lol.

Comment

Had no idea that Spikeout was pricey. Nice get!

Comment

Working...
                                X