No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puzzle dama is a great one, my fave version is the n64 one as it’s hilarious. Prefer the combo mechanics in puzzle dama over Puyopuyo as it’s way easier to trigger massive combos Puyo requires you to put a load more effort in bean placement to set up a devastating chain reaction.

Comment

I'm useless at Puyo Puyo, going to have a cheeky play of this one before I gift it elsewhere though. The only block puzzler I've ever finished was Kurushi/I.Q., everything else I get punted off about halfway through the game (or when it starts going quick on the endless ones). It's a shame because I like the presentation and music of a lot of them, but I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall after an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Not even just for others to enjoy, floppy media is fragile at best but as it gets older it’s wise to archive onto something more stable especially games that haven’t been dumped. Curious how easy it is to do for the Einstein as I know certain floppy formats look similar but getting them backed up to a pc and also the reverse sometimes needs special hardware to do so. It’s kind of intriguing as although I’m from the era these computers hailed from it’s a totally unknown one for me. As a kid I was only ever exposed to the super common ones like spect/c64/amstrad ect.
        I've managed to get a loan of an external amstrad fd-1 drive which has been fitted with a greaseweazle usb imaging board. From this I've been making scp disk dumps. Currently working my way through a ton of disks, but already saved stuff that is not available online!

Comment

[MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION]: corrrrr! All that 80s micro goodness!

Infocom stuff gives me a semi, too!

Comment

Infocom such an 80s Tron megacorp OCP name levels.

Comment

Done 120 dumps so far, still the same left I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                @vanpeebles: corrrrr! All that 80s micro goodness!

Infocom stuff gives me a semi, too!
                Nice to see some Infocom love, such a high quality game maker of amazing games. Real best of the best stuff.

Comment

Some nice 800 XL stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Some nice 800 XL stuff
                    Nice. There are lots of classics in there. My picks: Warhawk; Pole Position; Zaxxon, Zorro; Mutant Camels; Bruce Lee; Arkanoid; Who Dares Wins II; Dropzone.

Have fun loading them. Some of them are worth the wait and still pretty playable.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 01-02-2020, 09:18.

Comment

Stop the clock! 254 images dumped!

Comment

First retro haul of the year. A real mix of cheap as chips and scary expensive.

I also ordered one of the new Retrofighters DC pads. It's a shame it's only four button, and not wireless, but it's got to be an improvement over the awful stock DC pad.

Comment

Nice haul, I always wanted to try Mazin Wars.

Comment

Bad Omen has such cool box art. It’s an interesting game but I find it rock solid. I should give it more time though as I love the concept. I really like when simple ideas like Breakout or pinball are remixed into more complex games. Which reminds me, I still haven’t played Flipnic on PS2.

Comment

I've been collecting 1:24 scale diecast model retro cars, and came across this Ferrari that's similar(not a Testarossa, but the 348 TS from 1989) to the one in OutRun. So as a big fan of Sega's classic, I had to grab it. I also have a Testarossa but it has a roof; I couldn't find a diecast convertible model.

It's diecast metal 1:24 scale and looks really good - rubber tyres, heavy, nice detailing - for £20 brand new. I think it's a nice model to have if you're fond of the OutRun series. I also have most of the Ferraris featured in OutRun 2.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 05-02-2020, 19:16.

Comment

[QUOTE=Leon Retro;2348148] I also have a Testarossa but it has a roof; I couldn't find a diecast convertible model./QUOTE]

Outside Outrun, they don't exist. Ferrari made *one* convertable Testarossa (literally one!), but it was silver. There are a bunch of custom convertables out there, but the model you see in Outrun was fictional.

They also never made a model where the horse flips around when you turn right

Comment

Working...
                                X