No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protective cases seems a bit OTT for me on jewel cases, but if they’re mint enough I’m sure it’s worth it. Most of mine aren’t looking especially mint nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      An hour or two of popping up protectors and my entire PS1 collection is now safely encased, it's not like i'm wanging them down the stairs or anything but it will keep them more protected than they have been. The entirety of my PS1 collection so far, an eclectic mix of games but a perfect showcase of why i love the PS1 library. Not even remotely close to wrapping up collecting for it yet there's a lot of games i want to play.

Sorry, following Pierre Taki’s arrest I’m afraid you have to surrender that copy of Groove Jigoku to the appropriate authorities. I can provide an address for you in west London
      Last edited by fuse; 17-03-2019, 08:09.

Comment

Playstation box protectors finally arrived from retroprotection.com a little more expensive due to importing from the states than locally sourced ones but Dan has my custom ever since he was the first one out there on the entire net that made japanese GC box protectors. Decent quality and the flaps lock perfectly, due to ps1 games been in several odd sizes had to order 3 lots of protectors, some for standard cases and some for the fatter gen 1 cases and a handful for the double disk cases. They look pretty smart when on and will stop the cases getting pretty scuffed from shelf wear, have to admit they look pretty awesome with the ability to have the spinecard on them. Makes me wish now i had all my games with spinecards lol im now corrupted.

Those all look so beautiful

Originally posted by Marius View Post
        How is Geppy X?
        Would love to try Geppy X one day
        But sadly feel now it's something that won't happen
        Prices & ability to play it both against me these days

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Sorry, following Pierre Taki’s arrest I’m afraid you have to surrender that copy of Groove Jigoku to the appropriate authorities. I can provide an address for you in west London
          Phew good thing you told me LOOL

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Protective cases seems a bit OTT for me on jewel cases, but if they’re mint enough I’m sure it’s worth it. Most of mine aren’t looking especially mint nowadays.
          Yeah jewel cases dont really need protection they are pretty hardy it's Nintendo cardboard stuff that needs them most but in this case i restored all my cd cases back to almost new like condition with novus polish as they looked horrible all scuffed and hazy wanted to now try & keep them looking mint as possible the other reason was i like the sppinecard art on some of them so it's nice to be able to have the spinecards on display instead of tucked away inside the case. Was thinking of using those resealable cd bags first but they don't look as nice as they don't fit 100% so i spent a bit more.

Comment

Plus I’m sure they don’t hold up to the wear of opening/closing at all well.

Was thinking of getting some Novus to shine mine up a bit at some point actually. I don’t suppose that stuff is any good on disc surfaces too?

Comment

Was thinking of getting some Novus to shine mine up a bit at some point actually. I don’t suppose that stuff is any good on disc surfaces too?
              Dont use novus on the disks especially ps1 disks, i tried removing a tiny scratch on my copy of ore no ryouri and it made the disk surface look horrible where i tried to remove it it's now all hazy with a bazillion fine polish scratches, it still plays ok but cosmetically it's not that nice anymore. On black ps1 games especially it really stands out but on a regular cd it might not look as bad if you really take care to thoroughly do it. Must admit though that stuff did do wonders on that nasty hazed up scratched pocketstation screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Those all look so beautiful

Would love to try Geppy X one day
                But sadly feel now it's something that won't happen
                Prices & ability to play it both against me these days

Neil
                Geppy x emulates pretty well, might be one way of playing it if you want to try.

Comment

Dont use novus on the disks especially ps1 disks, i tried removing a tiny scratch on my copy of ore no ryouri and it made the disk surface look horrible where i tried to remove it it's now all hazy with a bazillion fine polish scratches, it still plays ok but cosmetically it's not that nice anymore. On black ps1 games especially it really stands out but on a regular cd it might not look as bad if you really take care to thoroughly do it. Must admit though that stuff did do wonders on that nasty hazed up scratched pocketstation screen.
                  I think he meant on the cases

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    I think he meant on the cases
                    He asked on both.

Comment

He asked on both.
                      Do you you remember the time I could read? Neither do I

Comment

Love that PS collection.

I've got Oh No! I wonder how well it would have sold had it got a Western release. About ten copies perhaps.

Comment

More Mega SG prep work

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            More Mega SG prep work
                            Thunder Force IV is awesome. Shadow Dancer is really good. OutRun is OK but a bit dull looking. Monster World is great. Puyo Puyo is a nicer puzzler.

I hope you have a great time with your Mega Sg.

Comment

Comment

What does the pro give you over the standard?

Comment

Working...
                                X