X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus where does he get those toys?!

Jealous.

Comment

Managed to get a copy of Homeland on the Gamecube this week, works perfectly on a PAL Gamecube now thanks to Swiss.

Solid action RPG, that while it did have a online can be play offline and it can be played online again as well if you have a BB modem

Great translation site to the game as well, start is very text heavy, but it quickly gets to combat: http://homelandenglish.blog130.fc2.com/

Comment

Homeland is a wonderful game i love the artstyle & story, so glad a chunsoft developer in it's last days of online went on to tell the players that there was a password you can use to unlock lan mode. Because of that it can now be played online forever.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Homeland is a wonderful game i love the artstyle & story, so glad a chunsoft developer in it's last days of online went on to tell the players that there was a password you can use to unlock lan mode. Because of that it can now be played online forever.
          Yeah it holds up really well, because they went for a set art style it still look good, about half ways through the first quest at the moment, seems you have to finish the game to unlock the hidden land mode.

Online mode is listed here: http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/p...17c7a978d4ffbc

You have to talk to Tenshi in your bed room and enter the following code: #せつぞくきりかえ

Needs to be done after finishing most of the game to unlock certain modes at which point the normally unavailable option when you talk to Tenshi will light up. Don't have a broadband adapter for Cube, so won't be trying it myself, but looks great fun online.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          I have an original tape of Matrix for the Vic that still works :-)
          Amiga stuff is a nightmare. Everyone seems to be using WHDLoad for everything but half that stuff doesn't even work properly and is all hacked about. I never use it; always boot direct from disk images.

Found out the craziest copy protection mechanism the other day: Dungeon Master on the Amiga had 3 bits (yes actual bits, like 1/8th of a byte) that were recorded so faintly on the disk that sometimes they would read as a zero and sometimes as a one; about half and half. So, if the game read them as the same every time it tried it knew it was pirated. Took a year and a half to crack it apparently.
          Some of the copy protect on Amiga is super smart stuff, year and a half then means that game was pretty much unbreakable. As a lot of Amiga games got cracked before release.

Comment

PS1 Pachinko controller finally arrived, not the most desirable thing out there but surprisingly tricky to find one. I'm sure there are thousands sat in hardoff in japan lol but on the net not an easy purchase. Took me a minute how to set the callibration but it works great, now i need more games to use with it. Bonus points for it been an exact sized controller.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              PS1 Pachinko controller finally arrived, not the most desirable thing out there but surprisingly tricky to find one. I'm sure there are thousands sat in hardoff in japan lol but on the net not an easy purchase. Took me a minute how to set the callibration but it works great, now i need more games to use with it. Bonus points for it been an exact sized controller.
              I have the exact same one but for the Saturn. Never used it mind you.

Comment

Picked up a GBA with IPSv2. Wow! Highly recommended!

Comment

I have a spice orange GBA ready to go once I can get my hands on a kit! Only heard good things.

Comment

99% retro this month. Just one modern title so I feel this is the right place.

Comment

Couldn't locate my cheapo Maplins soldering iron to replace the battery on Ultima 3 so I ordered a cheapo soldering iron kit for a pound or two more off Amazon.

I won't show my handywork, I'm truly aweful when it comes to soldering but saves are working again so I'm happy enough.

Comment

I'd recommend some proper solder, that lead free stuff is really a hassle to use. I guess for something like a battery replacement though it will suffice. Good skill to have when you're into this hobby!

Comment

I love Yakumo's videos - need to watch that on the TV later

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            I'd recommend some proper solder, that lead free stuff is really a hassle to use. I guess for something like a battery replacement though it will suffice. Good skill to have when you're into this hobby!
                            I struggled to replace that battery if that tells you anything. Would be nice to improve my soldering while we're all on lockdown tbh. Of course I also want to do some DIY, try my hand a programming, learn a new language and one hundread other things I'll never get round to trying but still...

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
                              I love Yakumo's videos - need to watch that on the TV later
                              Cheers man. A few more things turned up the day after I filmed that too Oh well, more for the next show.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                I struggled to replace that battery if that tells you anything. Would be nice to improve my soldering while we're all on lockdown tbh. Of course I also want to do some DIY, try my hand a programming, learn a new language and one hundread other things I'll never get round to trying but still...
                                flux, buy some. If you are starting out it will help you a hell of a lot as it makes the solder flow a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X