Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    I've been preparing for the dark nights to come by expanding my speccy collection with some top hand strategy war games.

http://www.zen70509.zen.co.uk/specstrat.jpg
    Really interesting collection of games you got there. Like Leon I’ve never seen any of those, never mind played them. I did play Battle of the Bulge for Speccy way back when but didn’t have a clue what I was doing being just a little ‘un and all.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      Really interesting collection of games you got there. Like Leon I’ve never seen any of those, never mind played them. I did play Battle of the Bulge for Speccy way back when but didn’t have a clue what I was doing being just a little ‘un and all.
      Red Weed looks very fascinating, an early one from 1983 where you have to fight off giant war machines from attacking a city, based on war of the worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        I didn't know the Speccy had games like that. Kind of hard to find videos on those specific versions but they look cool from screenshots.

Fully agree, G-Police is a great game with a fantastic atmosphere, look and sound.

I still need to try out the sequel, never did get round to it.
        Vulcan is regarded as one of the best strategy games on the speccy, apparently the guy is still going and worked on the total war games!

Comment

Vulcan is regarded as one of the best strategy games on the speccy, apparently the guy is still going and worked on the total war games!
          Wow, fair play to him! He's clearly doing what he loves.

Comment

I'm most looking forward to playing The General, its played as if your sat in a tent at the top of the hill, and you have to identify units, and send down orders and things. They don't always respond etc.

Comment

I'm most looking forward to playing The General, its played as if your sat in a tent at the top of the hill, and you have to identify units, and send down orders and things. They don't always respond etc.
              My mate Dave and I were in the Army Cadets as teenagers and we used to put our camouflaged boonie hats on and play against each other at The Perfect General on the Amiga. Happy days!

Comment

Sold a few minty pal n64 games recently and I put the money towards this game which arrived today.

Fight night with the lads just got better.

Comment

Have you bust that ten cart limit yet?

Comment

Nope number 8 but 9 is on its way

Comment

I was looking at some video listing of PS1 games and saw a simple-looking beat-em-up. It was on eBay disc-only for £2.99 delivered so I thought "OK sure". Vaguely remember it being a late budget label release.

It's alright! Very easy but the fighting mechanics are nice enough, plays (a LOT) like Die Hard Arcade. Will have a proper play in a few days.

Comment

Another day, another random PS1 game turning up.

Surprisingly decent little game not based on rallying per se, but the one-on-one "race of champions" events. Decent handling and quite nice graphics, seems a nice diversion. One of those games I somehow didn't spot back in the day.

Comment

Picked up a GBxCart for Game Boy/GBA games. Allows me to dump cartridges and saves, but also upload saves to cartridges. Mainly going to be used to keep Pokémon game saves safe. It's a pretty nice device.

Last edited by speedlolita; 02-10-2020, 18:41.

Comment

Got a few more games delivered yesterday, FFVII, Ball Breakers and V-Rally 2 for the PS1 and Ace Combat 4 & 5 and Maximo for the PS2. Now I just to find time to play all of this stuff lol. Had a quick go on V-Rally 2 and its still quite fun to play today, major improvement over the original but not as good as the McRae rally games. Main negative is the terrible music in the game which I turned off straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Picked up a GBxCart for Game Boy/GBA games. Allows me to dump cartridges and saves, but also upload saves to cartridges. Mainly going to be used to keep Pokémon game saves safe. It's a pretty nice device.

That's pretty neat i didn't realise there was one of these style of devices for GBA only one i have seen was a gamegear dumper, this would be very handy for my gba games as i have some valuable data stored in my saves of my collection. I have a little save stick for gba but it's only flaw is the saves are kept in the memory of the stick they can't be transferred to a pc for safe keeping, you can only copy them to another save stick if anything. How much did this set you back speedy and where from?

Comment

Store page is here.

Total cost was £37.63 on my Monzo card ($47 AUD). Unfortunately the only place to buy them is from the maker in Australia, although the seller marked my package with a £14 valuation so no customs fees incurred. I think there may be cheaper Chinese clones, but I don't think they can write saves back to the cartridges. And of course, supporting Chinese thieves is pretty crap.

In terms of a USB-C cable I just use the one that comes with the Switch Pro controller.

Not tried the upload feature yet but dumped my Leaf Green ROM and save flawlessly:

Last edited by speedlolita; 03-10-2020, 10:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X