No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of AMD's APUs likely would fit the bill easily, 3200G/3400G.

Could also get an office PC (i5) and chuck a low profile 1030/1050 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I've pondered a small form PC for a while now as there are a few great shmups on Steam ... hard to justify for a handful of titles though, unless something really affordable could run them.
      I have actually been looking at gaming rigs lately but everything seems to be at around the £1k mark excluding monitors & that's getting on for half the cost of a Viewlix Diamond Blue which I'd get much more use out of when the man shed is up & running so I'm finding it hard to justify one

Although that said I can't see them being particularly hard to run so you might be able to get away with something on the lower end.
      Might do for all Emulation full stop as well that way?

Neil

Comment

Just pick up a jtag’ed 360 Neil.

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        While we are on the subject of things being obscenely expensive in the Touristy areas do you see Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst on the 360 at respectable prices anywhere?

No way I can justify the current EBAY rates & even Yahoo Japan isn't yielding anything better

Another of those why did I sell it moments

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Just pick up a jtag’ed 360 Neil.
          Didn't even know they were a thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Everything in Akihabara or any place tourists go to is BS when it comes to pricing. Never ever use Akihabara as a price guide. Or shops such as Mandrake.
            I'm sure, but when you're on holiday you don't really have time to search through rural Hard Off and Book Offs unfortunately. I look at places like Super Potato, Retro Game Dungeon, Friends and the rest as fun experiences, like museums mixed with shops.

Funny thing is my relatively cheap copy of Vampire Killer came from Media Land, which is sadly now gone but used to be considered crazy expensive. It was right next to the main exit from the Akiba metro. Everything they had was in absolutely mint condition. It was quite something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
              I'm sure, but when you're on holiday you don't really have time to search through rural Hard Off and Book Offs unfortunately.
              It sounds like you're not taking your holidays anywhere near seriously enough.

I remember Den Den Town had more unusual stuff than Akihabara when I went, 12 years ago. I loved Akihabara too though. I know all the old heads hate it now, and to be fair I've not been since 2008, but it's still a cool thing to go and visit.

Comment

To take the edge of when I fancy a break from my current shooter playlist,

Comment

While we are on the subject of things being obscenely expensive in the Touristy areas do you see Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst on the 360 at respectable prices anywhere?

No way I can justify the current EBAY rates & even Yahoo Japan isn't yielding anything better

Another of those why did I sell it moments

Neil
                  To be honest I haven't been to a game store in 2 months now. Can't recall ever seeing that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                    I'm sure, but when you're on holiday you don't really have time to search through rural Hard Off and Book Offs unfortunately. I look at places like Super Potato, Retro Game Dungeon, Friends and the rest as fun experiences, like museums mixed with shops.

Funny thing is my relatively cheap copy of Vampire Killer came from Media Land, which is sadly now gone but used to be considered crazy expensive. It was right next to the main exit from the Akiba metro. Everything they had was in absolutely mint condition. It was quite something.
                    Media Land was an Awsome shop. I had shopped there a few times since 1997. Liberty was also another good place.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      To be honest I haven't been to a game store in 2 months now. Can't recall ever seeing that game.
                      No worries
                      I don't think it's a particularly popular title which is probably why it commands such bonkers money

It's one I'll have to live without I think

Neil

Comment

Managed to grab a Japanese SFC Mini, so now happy with me wee JP retro collection in the spare room. The Japanese Neo Geo Mini was another one of those drunken purchases (As was the MD, I have issues), it doesn't get used but it looks nice. The pi in the Retroflag MD case takes care of the Neo stuff. I don't know exactly why I've come to like these wee mini systems so much, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of using them. I know it in no way is, but it just feels a bit more authentic?

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                          To take the edge of when I fancy a break from my current shooter playlist,

A amazing game and a real deep fishing SIM

Comment

Took a while to get here from Canada. I was starting to think it may have got lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

Took a while to get here from Canada. I was starting to think it may have got lost.
                              Adore the Pro Am games
                              The Gameboy version is one of my favourite GB games ever

Not the same series by RC Grand Prix on the Master System is the single game that makes me want to own a Master System again loved all the tuning options in it

Neil

Comment

Adore the Pro Am games
                                The Gameboy version is one of my favourite GB games ever

Not the same series by RC Grand Prix on the Master System is the single game that makes me want to own a Master System again loved all the tuning options in it

Neil
                                It's a series that completely passed me by as a kid. I was happy enough with Micro Machines I guess. I've been getting into it more recently though and really enjoying it.

That RC Grand Prix has some brutal sound effects but the gameplay looks fun. RC De Go for the arcade/PSX is really good as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X