Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    New CMVS

That's a lovely looking unit can I ask where you got it from?

Comment

[MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] Nice work! Your old one is still going strong here

What’s the deal with the memory card being opened up - what did you do to it?

Comment

Oh right - that was the only photo I took so I posted that...

Nothing special about it, just wanted to confirm it was the original "grey" one rather than the later white one. It's actually fairly tricky to tell the difference because they're quite similar in colour. It's quite a bit lighter than the grey of the console even.

Comment

Ah OK, got you. I wasn’t aware of the two different colours actually. I think the one I have that you included is a white one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            New CMVS

That's beautiful
            Always wanted a Consolized MVS

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Have not owned one of these since I sold my last one to wakka! But I figured with how impressed I have been with the xStation recently I would look into a similar solution for the Saturn, so I picked up a Fenrir. It works basically the same, hard to fault it. Modified the AV port with the usual mod to make NTSC units compatible with the OEM PAL SCART but that is it.

That looks pretty sweet
            Where did you get it from?
            I have my old PAL unit that might be right for the drive replacement option
            My Jpn unit can stay as god intended though

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              That looks pretty sweet
              Where did you get it from?
              I have my old PAL unit that might be right for the drive replacement option
              My Jpn unit can stay as god intended though

Neil
              Fenrir - Home - Fenrir is a Sega Saturn drive emulator

Like with the Rhea/Phoebe there are models for the 20 pin and 21 pin drive Saturn. The 21 pin solution has only just been released (and is currently sold out) and is pretty sought after due to being the more common of the two. With a PAL Saturn you'd want an additional frequency mod too to sort NTSC game speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                https://www.fenrir-ode.fr/

Like with the Rhea/Phoebe there are models for the 20 pin and 21 pin drive Saturn. The 21 pin solution has only just been released (and is currently sold out) and is pretty sought after due to being the more common of the two. With a PAL Saturn you'd want an additional frequency mod too to sort NTSC game speeds.
                Thanks dude
                Will look them up
                Might pick your brains a bit more once I've done some reading

Neil

Comment

Yeah I'll be able to sort you out Neil if the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                    That's a lovely looking unit can I ask where you got it from?
                    It was made by a guy on the Neo Geo Forever page on Facebook. It's 3D printed initially, but then he works on it to get it like it looks here, took him nearly 4 weeks to finish. It looks practically factory built.

Comment

The parcel van just turned up with a box from Japan - despite what it looks like they're not sunbleached, it's just a bad photo. Transport Tycoon is actually brand new.

PS2 Slim - My old Japanese fat one died a long time ago. I can't usually be bothered with chips and disc swaps so I decided it would be better just to import another one, specifically the early SCPH-70000 Slim. Same main chips as the old fat PS2 but it costs a lot less to ship, takes up less room and I can use the power adaptor from a UK model instead of a stepdown.
                      Saturn Transport Tycoon - Bought out of sheer curiosity, Japan-exclusive version of one of my favourite games. Not expecting it to be great but who knows, the Saturn version of SimCity 2000 was pretty good.
                      Netz Magazine: Vitz - Basically a promotional tool to show you about the Toyota Yaris/Vitz, I love weird car-related stuff and it was dirt cheap so I thought I'd jump on it. Not expecting much, think it's just a few minigames and some details of the features of the cars.
                      Jet De Go JAL Version: I was thinking about how much I liked playing Landing High Japan at the arcade in Meadowhall (until it all disappeared) and this is more-or-less the same thing. It's mostly about landing planes. This is the special version that was supposedly only sold on JAL airliners.
                      Touge 3: I had the PAL version of this (which was weirdly exclusive to Australia) but it's an appalling conversion with huge borders and the Japanese one is cheap so I decided I'd have it. Mountain road racing game, if you remember the Touge King The Spirits games on the Saturn it's the sequel to those.

Comment

If it came with a power supply you can also just use a UK figure 8 power cable into that too as they're multi voltage.

Comment

Didn't know that! I deliberately went for a loose console just to keep the shipping down, I've got a spare one somewhere (for now just used the one from my PAL machine).

Comment

If anyone ever wondered what that Saturn version of Transport Tycoon looks like, I've done a little video.

Comment

Got a big order of stuff that merrily sailed through customs this week.

Naomi Zero 3 Upper was the last version of the game I'd been meaning to get, and got art sets for that and the CPS2 version too. Shadam Crusader is a nice throwback - I'm pretty sure it was the first JRPG I ever played!

Comment

Is that all from Yahoo auctions? Lovely selection of stuff. I never got my hands on zero 3 upper, but I love zero 3, I got that years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X