No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A receipt caused a huge trouble with someone I knew because hed stashed a receipt somewhere .

All my games and cds had receipts in them for ages. I remember single Cds used to be 1.99 at Hmv on release , but imports were a horrific price .

Comment

I think I’ve got to try Buck Rogers now! You guys seem to have great taste in games.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        I think I’ve got to try Buck Rogers now! You guys seem to have great taste in games.
        You won’t be disappointed. It’s my fave rpg of all time. It’s funny because the other day I was wondering if the snes had any hames like Centurion, and I thought, I might as well just set the MD up and play it.

Comment

I’m thinking of getting Warrior of Rome 2 for the MD. Looks far more in-depth than Centurion and is apparently a lot better than the original WoR.

Comment

Looks a lot different to Centurion.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              I got mine for my birthday while on a caravan trip to Carlise I think. I still have the recipt from dixons inside
              It was thanks to you, Van, I got this gem of a game for the Mega Drive. I still have my copy with the huge manual. Star Flight is another EA space gem for the Mega Drive, that also gets little credit. When it one of the best Space games ever made

Comment

Yes, Your Sinclair > The Spectator.

I’m a Morning Star person myself. The Guardian is far too right wing for me
                I actually enjoy Ben Chack views and opinions any time he's on air/radio. Seems a very nice bloke even if one doesn't always agree with his views. Far better than that nutter Carole Cadwalladr

Comment

I think I’ve got to try Buck Rogers now
                  Looking at videos it seems to have aged far worse than other games, graphically and sonically.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                    Looking at videos it seems to have aged far worse than other games, graphically and sonically.
                    It was never a great looker but the gameplay and story still shine

Comment

Come at me, go hard or go home

Unsure where the guy got it the system was new. Matching Philips Blackline CRT for 100% interactive power.
                      Last edited by Baseley09; 22-08-2020, 12:57.

Comment

the fact it looks untouched should tell you everything loooool, err congrats on your new "console" i guess.

Complete
                        Disappointment
                        Imminent

Last edited by importaku; 22-08-2020, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          the fact it looks untouched should tell you everything loooool, err congrats on your new "console" i guess.

Complete
                          Disappointment
                          Imminent

Haha yeah i know what I'm getting into here and ready for it. What I've played of Burn Cycle so far has been 90s dream.

Comment

Joking aside as long as you are having fun

Comment

Does anyone know why Phillips pulled out of the screen making business?

Oh right here we go..., "Royal Philips Electronics, apparently sick of the hyper-competitive nature of TV sales which results in ultra-low profit margins" Still wish they produced computer flat panel monitors.

I had a CM8833-II Monitor that was fantastic and could even expand the screen size play an NTSC US SNES and make SFII full screen in 1992. Plus the pixel lines even made it look like a coin-op. I plugged it in over lockdown and it did not boot, much to my sadness, after over two decades in the loft, so am on the lookout for a replacement. Even came with F19 Stealth Fighter for the Amiga!

Off to ebay it seems.
                              Last edited by CAPCOM; 22-08-2020, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                                Does anyone know why Phillips pulled out of the screen making business?

Oh right here we go..., "Royal Philips Electronics, apparently sick of the hyper-competitive nature of TV sales which results in ultra-low profit margins" Still wish they produced computer flat panel monitors.

I had a CM8833-II Monitor that was fantastic and could even expand the screen size play an NTSC US SNES and make SFII full screen in 1992. Plus the pixel lines even made it look like a coin-op. I plugged it in over lockdown and it did not boot, much to my sadness, after over two decades in the loft, so am on the lookout for a replacement. Even came with F19 Stealth Fighter

Off to ebay it seems.
                                Superb screen, have the same one still, possibly the best looking CRT image wise I have even compared to a high TV line Pro monitor.

Comment

Working...
                                X