Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
    It’s a 21” Samsung Syncmaster 214t,
    I bought a similar Eizo 4:3 21" monitor for use with a Pi and it works really well. Being able to rotate the screen for TATE mode is cool. Looks really nice with scanline effects enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I bought a similar Eizo 4:3 21" monitor for use with a Pi and it works really well. Being able to rotate the screen for TATE mode is cool. Looks really nice with scanline effects enabled.
      Yeah, I heard the Retropie CRT filter with scanlines and tube curvature looks the bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Really nice! Any chance of a picture of you Darius collection? I just want to feel really jealous
        Most of its packed awat these days, when I get a chance ill grab a few pics! (you probably won't be that jealous)....

In other news this arrived:

Class game and was very very very lucky I got it for a steal!!!!
        Last edited by dyer60; 26-06-2020, 19:28.

Comment

I’m not a fan of plastic gaming tat but picked up a new/sealed Figma Darius burst ‘iron fossil’. Serious quality item.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            I’m not a fan of plastic gaming tat but picked up a new/sealed Figma Darius burst ‘iron fossil’. Serious quality item.

https://imgur.com/QYidrMM
            Amazing! I was looking to pick one of those up but man they aint cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
              Most of its packed awat these days, when I get a chance ill grab a few pics! (you probably won't be that jealous)....

In other news this arrived:

Class game and was very very very lucky I got it for a steal!!!!
              Very nice. That's one of the rarest and most expensive MD games around. It's up to around the £700-800 mark on YJ.

Comment

Not very fancy but I picked up a satin silver PlayStation 2 (50003) because I wanted diversity with my import media and OPL once my sata adapter board comes for my network adapter. Just dropped a Modbo 5.0 in it and it seems to be grand, fairly quiet these 50k models too. My debug is fairly noisy - like a normal 30k PS2 and I don't trust my retail discs in my 90k.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                  Very nice. That's one of the rarest and most expensive MD games around. It's up to around the £700-800 mark on YJ.
                  Thanks, yeh the price has gone crazy over the last few years! I got lucky otherwise I never would have owned it again. I remember buying one new old stock from Raven games back in the day for about £65...

Comment

I brought a game that was more than ten quid for once, go me!

On a side quest for most of the early Megadrive game in PAL version, blue spines be damned!

Last edited by Baseley09; 27-06-2020, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      I brought a game that was more than ten quid for once, go me!

On a side quest for most of the early Megadrive game in PAL version, blue spines be damned!

Nice pickup! I do love the boxart on Truxton.

Cheap Argos pickups for me and Super Princess Peach at last. Its always nice when an eBay seller is reasonable in regards to best offers.

Comment

Finally managed to snag a preorder for the PS1 rad2x cable, seeing as it resolution switches way faster than pretty much most scalers and has zero lag i'm hoping this will finally let me play PS1 on my plasma without the damn res switching delay problem. This is my last attempt before i give in and just go for a CRT. Wont know till september though as they are made in small batches and preorder window is tight yeah could have just bought a standalone retrotink but this is a nicer more elegant solution.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Finally managed to snag a preorder for the PS1 rad2x cable, seeing as it resolution switches way faster than pretty much most scalers and has zero lag i'm hoping this will finally let me play PS1 on my plasma without the damn res switching delay problem. This is my last attempt before i give in and just go for a CRT. Wont know till september though as they are made in small batches and preorder window is tight yeah could have just bought a standalone retrotink but this is a nicer more elegant solution.
                          Let us know how you get on with that, would be very curious to see how it does.

Comment

Arrived today , I know the game is like a jar of marmite but I love it and I don't mean the marmite.

Played it every time we went to Skeggy with the parents all them years ago. Fun times.

Comment

I've been suckered into CRTs. I've had a 17" JVC broadcast monitor for a while, but I wanted something a bit bigger, mainly to play lightgun games.

There's no way I'm going to go down the bigger PVM/BVM route, so I've been looking at grabbing a regular CRT. First of all I got a 21" Panasonic on a whim, I need to look at how to adjust the image so that it's centred on the screen properly, but it's lovely. But, I wanted bigger, so yesterday picked up a 28" Bang & Olufsen, this again needed the image centering - I'm more inclined to tinker with this one first as it's the larger screen, it's running an older software version so I had to take it apart to enter the service mode.

Man, it's lovely. We still need to finish our spare rooms and loft room so I can decide on a home for it, so for now it's shoved in the corner surrounded by boxes and stuff.

Should I ever want to get into the Service menu again, I've installed a switch around the back.

Anyway, over the last few weeks, I've been tinkering with other stuff ready for my CRT setup. This isn't exciting to looking at

But it's really useful, it's a little short scart extension which boosts the voltage on the necessary pin so that TVs will automatically switch to the correct AV input AND go into 4:3 mode, because some console/rgb cable combos are limited by the console hardware and TVs will switch to widescreen 16:9 mode instead of fullscreen 4:3 mode, or simply won't switch at all.

Should I want to output to 2 displays at the same time, I built this scart splitter from an open source project I found on GitHub

So I rotated my JVC to try some games out in tate mode and used it as a temporary stand for my Panasonic. I'm just waiting for some plates to sandwich the scart splitter between to give it some protection.

I've gone for wooden plates for it, it's only cheap and probably not as strong as acrylic - but I like the look and feel of it. Here's some I had cut for my MiSTer and GBS-Control scaler

I've since built another GBS-Control scaler unit, with the scart input and other mods mounted either under or on top of the main board so there's no stickey out bits - just waiting for one part to arrive to finish that off. It seems over the years, I've turned from a gamer into even more of a tinkerer. I've had great fun playing with this stuff and a few other hardware projects I'm working on. And I've only played games for minutes - just enough to test stuff out! Hopefully it'll change once the CRT has a permanent home :-)

Pete

Comment

To be this Cool, takes SEGA

Comment

Working...
                                X