Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Besides gaming my money sometimes gets diverted into arts & crafts stuff or into adding to my trading card collections. It’s nice to have a mix of hobbies to rotate through as sometimes my brain isn’t in a gaming mood. On my days off work I’m rarely ever bored at home I always have something fun to do, antisocial ftw. Lol
    I don't have many hobbies/obsessions these days. I collected every '80s film I could find last decade, which was interesting. Maybe I should buy a turntable and get into collecting vinyl. My car collection seems quite complete, so I'll only buy a few more.

I don't get bored with gaming because I mix things up with using retro consoles, Mini machines and the Pi, going back to 360 & PS3 stuff, and also some modern gaming. It all revolves around my mood.

Now I'm off to find a nice Porsche 959 model.

Comment

Another purchase, not bad for £15 first time i have won an auction from someone local hehe. Still need Puyo 3 & 4, miss when compile still used to make them.

Comment

I don't have pictures but this week I've picked up
        Japanese copies of F-Zero X and Smash Brothers and US copies of Mario Party 2, Space Station Silicon Valley, Ocarina Of Time (cart and instructions only sadly) Rogue Squadron and Mario Golf, with Chopper Squad and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the way.
        My wallet hurts big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          I don't have pictures but this week I've picked up
          Japanese copies of F-Zero X and Smash Brothers and US copies of Mario Party 2, Space Station Silicon Valley, Ocarina Of Time (cart and instructions only sadly) Rogue Squadron and Mario Golf, with Chopper Squad and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the way.
          My wallet hurts big time.
          All good to great games. Makes me remember how much I enjoyed them back in the day. Mystical Ninja really impressed me back then. SSSV is a nice game with fun, wacky design. I've always loved F-Zero X, even if the graphics are pretty basic. I think it's a joy to play and the soundtrack rocks!

Comment

Mum just announced she's picked this up for me off ebay, i wasn't expecting her to target one of the expensive ones on my wanted list im pretty stoked as i have wanted this one for a while i love it on my playstation classic. Thankfully it's a uk seller so no getting reamed on import duty, this one won't be staying sealed either.

Last edited by importaku; 22-02-2020, 10:45.

Comment

one of the expensive ones on my wanted list

That's a PS1 game I can get really excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

That's a PS1 game I can get really excited about.
                Everything about that game clicks with me, i'm absolutely crap at it as the backgrounds make me lose concentration but i'll enjoy trying to complete it once and for all. Still shocked mum chose that one off my list, still quite a few shooters to find but the list is getting smaller. Love the PS1 library, people think it's full of janky polygon games & nothing else but a lot of the games have aged really well.

Comment

Love the PS1 library, people think it's full of janky polygon games & nothing else but a lot of the games have aged really well.
                  Yeah, because it was a hugely popular machine, it received loads of cool/interesting games away from all the mainstream big hitters like Tomb Raider etc... Zanac Neo not only looks really nice, but the music is also great. Such a special game.

Comment

Found a case to keep my pocketstation in as at the moment it's just loose on my shelves, would be nice to keep the screen unscuffed seeing as i took a load of time to restore and remove all the scratches, been looking for one of these for a while ended up with 3 as the seller was only selling them as a set lol. Now if only i could find a non yellowed and scratched white pocketstation to go along with my clear one. All the white ones on ebay look like someone has pissed all over them. Why is it so hard to find a pristine white one?

Still adding to the list of games that use the pocketstation, i love having a mini side collection going along inside my main PS1 collection.

Comment

Why is it so hard to find a pristine white one?
                      Anything that's old and white coloured has usually yellowed. That's just the law when it comes to retro stuff. Even white model cars turn yellowish over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        Anything that's old and white coloured has usually yellowed. That's just the law when it comes to retro stuff. Even white model cars turn yellowish over time.
                        That goes without saying but there are so many in terrible condition on ebay, apart from a few new boxed ones for stupid money the rest are pretty beat up I thought there would be a reasonable selection but nope. They are badly scratched with gouges in the printing or hazy scuffed screens, the screen is an easy fix but I need the body of it to be at least not cream. Maybe i’ll Have to settle on the clear pink one or black as you can’t see much on those lol. Looks like people in japan treat those things rough.

Comment

That goes without saying but there are so many in terrible condition on ebay
                          Seems like the days of minty mint retro stuff are long gone. Maybe some dealers have a few nice examples, but you really have to pay far more. It's why I'm glad I bought all my retro goodies years ago, when good examples were still easy to find and reasonably priced. The retro market isn't a nice place these days.

Comment

Mum just announced she's picked this up for me off ebay, i wasn't expecting her to target one of the expensive ones on my wanted list im pretty stoked as i have wanted this one for a while i love it on my playstation classic. Thankfully it's a uk seller so no getting reamed on import duty, this one won't be staying sealed either.

So jealous! love this game!

Comment

Today i could breathe a sigh of relief as Mirano no arubaito collection safely arrived in pristine condition there's no way i'd ever be able to find another sealed copy if it had gotten lost, also puyo puyo box arrived too. Need to get some batteries for my pocket station so i can test out that part of the disk.

Time to upset some sealed collectors as i don't think many more sealed copies of this exist in the world, well even less now. COMMENCE STRIPPING.

Yoink

As a neat extra of getting a sealed copy it still has the sticker sheet yay. Of course i'll never use them but i can look at them from time to time and go yay lol.

Comment

Was that just a totally new & sealed copy of Zanac x Zanac that arrived today.... ah no just opened it lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X