Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    That's on my 'must-have' list, if I had room for computers. There's something really special about BBC games that fascinates me.

I recommend Time Bandit, Typhoon Thompson and Oids.
    Cheers, I'll check them out. The Master is probably the ultimate 8 bit in my opinion. The amount of flexibility and expansion the master has is crazy, my last one had a pc co processer internally, and a main frame cambridge co pro externally. 128K plus 512K plus 4mb.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Cheers, I'll check them out. The Master is probably the ultimate 8 bit in my opinion. The amount of flexibility and expansion the master has is crazy, my last one had a pc co processer internally, and a main frame cambridge co pro externally. 128K plus 512K plus 4mb.
      Wow.. I didn't know much about how expandable it is. It's just a shame the standard model B only has 32k, which alongside how the computer works with memory, made things quite tough for coders. But clever people did great things.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 29-10-2020, 20:39.

Comment

Wow.. I didn't know much about how expandable it is. It's just a shame the standard model B only has 32k, which alongside how the computer works with memory, made things quite tough for coders. But clever people did great things.
        I have a B+ with 128k too Someone has made a rom upgrade that expands the graphics too! check on nula on youtube, looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          Done some trades with a friend, and got a BBC Master (should never have sold my old one) and an Atari STE with 4mb, which I've just fitted a flash floppy. I don't know much about the ST in general. The Master has a hard drive board and multirom, and I've fitted a pi zero second processor in the internal second processor slot.

http://www.zen70509.zen.co.uk/master2.jpg
          Welcome to the Atari STe club mate. Awesome system I still love to play Circus Games on mine and some of the 3D stuff on the system plays better than the Amiga. A shame no game looks to make use of the better sound hardware over the standard ST

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Welcome to the Atari STe club mate. Awesome system I still love to play Circus Games on mine and some of the 3D stuff on the system plays better than the Amiga. A shame no game looks to make use of the better sound hardware over the standard ST
            There are some games that take advantage of the STe hardware but it was arguably too late on the scene for developers to support it BITD. But check out rOx zero its a vertical shmup which needs a 1MB STe and a JagPad. Very good game.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              There are some games that take advantage of the STe hardware but it was arguably too late on the scene for developers to support it BITD. But check out rOx zero its a vertical shmup which needs a 1MB STe and a JagPad. Very good game.
              Have you got a list of games that made use of the STE? I've had mine since like 1992 I don't think I've ever seen, played of heard any game that made use of the nice Hardware

Comment

Some good info on STe enhanced games here - https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com/sear...el/Atari%20STe

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Some good info on STe enhanced games here - https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com/sear...el/Atari%20STe
                  Thanks I've got Pacmania I'll have to play it latter

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    made use of the nice Hardware
                    It's strange that the STE can still only display 16 colours in 320x200. At least the palette was increased to 4,096 colours. There are some nice upgrades over the standard ST, but I don't think it was enough to excite many people. I did know one kid who asked for an STE over an Amiga for Xmas '89 though.

Comment

I did know one kid who asked for an STE over an Amiga for Xmas '89 though.
                      Poor f*cker. I wonder how long it took him to get over it if he ever did?

Comment

Got myself a bit of a treat on Thursday. I always wanted one, primarily because the build is just so, so premium but also because of the expandability. Probably rivals the BBC B, in that sense.

Not sure if it works because it had no power supply (so I have to build one) and some the keys get stuck, so it needs a proper good clean.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          Poor f*cker. I wonder how long it took him to get over it if he ever did?
                          He always had a stroppy attitude towards me being an Amiga owner -- and often told me the STE was better. That's the sort of thing you got at school when it came to computers & consoles.

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                          Got myself a bit of a treat on Thursday.

It's the computer they used to create Kelly LeBrock in Weird Science. I hope you have a similar objective.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-10-2020, 18:00.

Comment

The MTX512 is just soooo sexy, much like Kelly LeBrock.

Comment

Pic isn't working for me If its an MTX you need to try out that amazing 3d train game on it!

Comment

Yeah, it's an MTX512. I have to build the PSU first and tgen hope it still works!
                                [MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION]: Kelly Le Brock Construction Kit is my first d/l!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X