No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it work via the VGA trick? Booting the Dreamcast without the cable plugged in and then plugging it back in when you hear the beep?

I really want to play the translation of Seven Mansions but that game just does not work over VGA even with the cable trick or editing values in the ROM.

Comment

I haven't heard about the VGA trick, but why not simply use RGB instead for those finicky games? Obviously it's not progressive, but the DC's RGB output is pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I haven't heard about the VGA trick, but why not simply use RGB instead for those finicky games? Obviously it's not progressive, but the DC's RGB output is pretty great.
        I'd love to, I just don't have the equipment

I have an old plasma TV with legacy inputs, so if chopemon's VGA trick doesn't work I'll scour out an S-Video cable and see how it looks. SCART's not a thing here - the equivalent RGB input, JP21 pin, was never commonplace on consumer sets. There's a few Sony Trinitrons which have a proprietary RGB input called AV Multi, but for the amount of time I'm living here it's not worth the investment. And I definitely don't have the space...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          What about the games that don't work with RGB? Dreamcast hardware is so odd.

Comment

Are there some?! I didn't know that. Guess you just have to use RF for those

Comment

Expectations are set low for Dragon's Revenge; wasn't even on my radar until I read up on the Devil Crash connection! Racing Lagoon I've heard a lot about too.

Comment

Never heard of Dragon's Revenge. The cover is ace

Comment

If I'd just dropped something and saw a giant pinball and a dragon, it's about the same face I'd be making, in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Expectations are set low for Dragon's Revenge; wasn't even on my radar until I read up on the Devil Crash connection! Racing Lagoon I've heard a lot about too.
                    Dragons Revenge has nothing to do with Devil Crash. It's an American **** show of a game. Not even close to the talent that Technosoft are.

Comment

Thanks to the Raphnet SNES Classic to OG SNES adapter, I’m now using 2.4Ghz wireless for both my consoles. The Raphnet is very professionally manufactured, packaged nicely, and works perfectly with no discernible lag. I highly recommend using Raphnet plus 8bitdo 2.4Ghz SNES Classic controllers over the sucky Bluetooth equivalent.

Comment

I've not had the chance to check the latency yet, but they are very comfortable controllers.

Comment

Got my hands on a C4CPC multi ROM cart for my 6128+. Cracking little bit of kit.

Gratuitous demo scene screenshot of device in action -

Comment

Strange looking Mega Drive. Mix of Japanese / Euro and US. What is is?

Comment

Looks like the Hong Kong import versions they used to sell at Bowlers in Manchester back in the day.

Comment

Have you moved to Australia CMcK?

Comment

Working...
                                X