No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, that Japanese style version of "Battle Crust"...nice! I got the PAL one so it's really nice to see this in comparison.

Comment

Battle crust would be a great name for a cooking game lol

Comment

Killed both my neogeo mini & playstation classic preorders to buy this instead. Was tempted by the replicade centipede however i like pacman a whole lot more so i went for the quater scale arcade instead however it's not a cheap machine at £150 but the detail is insane from the wooden cabinet with arcade accurate art right down to the textured overlay and dust cover for the stick. Bit big at 17 inches high but i do have somewhere to put it (thank god lol) charges by usb & fully portable as it has a built in rechargeable battery.

Very tempted to go for the other 3 machines when they are released next year (galaga/galaxian/ms pacman)

Quarter Arcades ( www.quarterarcades.com ) is the official place to hang out for fans of retro arcade games from the past. Designed and manufactured by https://numskull.com/ Quarter Arcades is bringing it's own version of the full size Arcade Cabinet into your home with a whole series of Quarter Scale Arcade cabinets.
        Last edited by importaku; 29-09-2018, 22:48.

Comment

That looks like a really nice effort.

Comment

It really is, it looks like they have tried as hard as possible to get as close as they can. The only thing that isn't authentic is the screen itself as it uses lcd but there's no way in hell they could have gotten a mini crt in there and kept the price at what it was. From the front it looks good but as you see the screen away from it's optimal viewing angle it starts to do that inverse thing where the blacks turn grey not a great look when they are trying to show it off. Oled would have been great but again it would have shoved the price up and it's current price is not cheap at all to start with but this thing was designed as a premium collectible. Well that's what im telling myself to justify the money i have just dumped down on one lolol. The official video shows a lot closer up how wonderful that textured control panel is i never expected the detail to go as close as that.

All of a sudden small arcades are becoming a thing, it's weird that companies have taken so long to even think of doing this but i'm enjoying it while the bubble lasts. We have those fantastic tiny arcade keyrings from super impulse and there's replicade doing their thing with small 12" machines and also arcade 1up selling those flatpack diy 4 foot arcades. And numskull doing 17" arcades of their own, wondering how much of a market there is for all these machines as most of them are not cheap at all.
            Last edited by importaku; 30-09-2018, 13:44.

Comment

Another Amiga CD32 find which made me very very happy

Funny how I looked down on Ocean license games back then, but nowadays it's somehing refreshing to look forward to.

Comment

Fresh from the usa, the latest wave of tiny arcades, this time digdug/galaga/frogger. For now my mini arcade is complete till they release any more new ones.

Comment

Back in May I went to Japan for a couple of weeks and did some game shopping. I've been so busy with working on my game that I haven't had time to sort the haul out and post pics, let alone play them. Finally got round to logging them in my collection app and can start thinking about getting them played.

I love coming away from Book Offs with a load of cheap games I've never played before and dipping into them every so often. I went looking for four specific games and found two of them. I really wanted Asuka 120% Burning Fest and a Japanese copy of No More Heroes to complete my collection of different versions and regions of one of my favourite games. I also wanted Germs Nerawareta Machi and Yuuyami Doori Tankentai. I couldn't find Germs and found Yuuyami but it was overpriced in Super Potato. Germs is really hard to find but I'd seen it for a good price in a game store in Osaka (where I stayed for a bit) on some guy's walk around game store video.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Fresh from the usa, the latest wave of tiny arcades, this time digdug/galaga/frogger. For now my mini arcade is complete till they release any more new ones.

Love the light up marquees @ lovely DS collection too!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Love the light up marquees @ lovely DS collection too!
                      Thats one of the reasons i really like them, they had no reason to make them light up and yet they did so anyway to try and make them look a bit more authentic. Ah thankyou, my DS collection is still my pride & joy still slowly marching towards that 400 game total about 50 more to track down.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
                        Another Amiga CD32 find which made me very very happy
                        Only in 2018 could you make a statement like that. Back in 1995 when most people were playing on Saturns and PlayStations, you’d be in tears loading up your latest CD32 purchase and seeing how utterly 1992 the tech was.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          Back in 1995 when most people were playing on Saturns and PlayStations, you’d be in tears loading up your latest CD32 purchase and seeing how utterly 1992 the tech was.
                          I remember being close to buying one in 1993 and then changing my mind. I just couldn't find a compelling reason to spend over £250 for a machine that didn't have any games that really appealed to me.

I still haven't got my hands on a CD32, but I do feel retro appeal these days. I like how people have created compilation discs featuring loads of Amiga classics. I might end up buying one at some point.

Comment

I upgraded my OSSC to the latest firmware that allows a new feature: Hybrid Scanlines. This introduces a sort of glow to the lines and surrounding pixels to mimic a more CRT look. It certainly makes the image look brighter with scanlines enabled, so you don't get that dark look the image usually has with scanlines.

I decided to have a SNES session to test out this new feature -- Contra, Mario World, CV4 etc.. look stunningly good. Luckily my 'go-to' SNES doesn't have any sync problems.

Anyway, I also bought the joypad[SN ProPad] above. I remembered it from back in the day, so after reading a good review of it, I decided to buy one just for fun. Luckily it feels really good to use -- the build quality is high. The only bad points are slightly springy L&R buttons and the cable is strangely short for a Western product. I will need to find one of my extension cables.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              Only in 2018 could you make a statement like that. Back in 1995 when most people were playing on Saturns and PlayStations, you’d be in tears loading up your latest CD32 purchase and seeing how utterly 1992 the tech was.
                              Oh, absolutely! I distinctly remember being absolutely not interested in the CD32 back then, it felt so useless and boring, just offering games I mostly could play on my A500.
                              But that has changed as I am completely focused on consoles now, so the CD32 is giving me a great Amiga fix.

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              I
                              I still haven't got my hands on a CD32, but I do feel retro appeal these days. I like how people have created compilation discs featuring loads of Amiga classics. I might end up buying one at some point.
                              You should. I'm having loads of fun with mine, currently it's one of my most-played retro systems.

Yeah, those compilations are really nice, but you need to real good laser to be able to use them. My CD32 is having trouble with that, sadly, and can only read a couple of other unofficially ported games like "X-Out" and "Lionheart". The compilations as well the the "Turrican Trilogy" work on a friend's system, but not on mine, at least not for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuray View Post

You should. I'm having loads of fun with mine, currently it's one of my most-played retro systems.
                                I will have to look into the 'laser' issue before buying one. I definitely think it's a nice system for Amiga fans, so I will probably pick one up at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X