User Tag List

Page 146 of 222 FirstFirst ... 46136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2217
    Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    Even now the white pc engine docked into its cd rom interface unit is a beautiful sight to behold.
    To this day, it looks like it's from the Future. Stunning setup

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    OK, a bit of a noob question here. Can someone explain to me how NEC were able to fit everything into a HuCard that took up so much space in the NES and Master System cartridges?
    There is loads of empty space inside MS and Famicom carts. And the Famicom carts needed room for mapper chips too.
    I would guess NEC had their own chip foundries and were able to use a more advanced, ie smaller, process node to make the ROMs. Sega did have their My Card games which were pretty dinky too.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    To this day, it looks like it's from the Future. Stunning setup
    It is indeed.Only have a few games left

Super Monkey Ball 2 has 480p support. Something the first game sadly lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    Hotdog Storm

https://i.imgur.com/3PVCplD.jpg

I was sold on the name alone
    Played it today, knew I'd heard the name somewhere before!

It's actually a good shmup!

I found one of my PlayStations in a storage tub, but no games. So I decided to import all the Ridge Racer games just for the hell of it. Playing the original Ridge Racer again on the real hardware brought back all the great memories of how much I loved it back in 1995. The look of the game - and all the great tunes - still make it a magical experience. I know I like Revolution and R4, so it will be interesting to see if Rage Racer appeals to me more these days.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-09-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Racing games had real style and character back then. I feel like they lack that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post

I found one of my PlayStations in a storage tub, but no games. So I decided to import all the Ridge Racer games just for the hell of it. Playing the original Ridge Racer again on the real hardware brought back all the great memories of how much I loved it back in 1995. The look of the game - and all the great tunes - still make it a magical experience. I know I like Revolution and R4, so it will be interesting to see if Rage Racer appeals to me more these days.
    True value for money there Leon

I grabbed dual case Wipeout. I wish SOE had stuck with this style of case for PAL releases, they look much better imo.

Also picked up some parts for my late 90s/early 2000s PC. I was going to go for a Slot 1 based Pentium III but ended up going for something a little newer in the end. I'm going to run 98SE and XP with this (Abit KT7 & Athlon XP 2100+).

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    Racing games had real style and character back then. I feel like they lack that now.
    People voted with their wallets, so publishers aren't interested in arcade-style racers anymore. It's all about realistic graphics, so the likes of Namco know they can't compete with Microsoft and Sony on that level. So publishers & developers don't tend to bother to make distinctive racing games, when it's all about Forza, Gran Turismo, and a few other racing sims. The general public aren't crying out for a new Ridge Racer or similar.

I think it's a shame, but the gaming biz is completely different these days. It doesn't cater to enthusiasts, so is far more focused on the mass market and selling millions of copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepp View Post
    True value for money there Leon
    Yeah, around 20 for all four. And the discs are mint.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-09-2018 at 02:52 PM.