User Tag List

Page 156 of 222 FirstFirst ... 56146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2217
  1. #1551
    Ach it was a Japanese MD copy of Golden Axe, I'm giving it to a mate. Makes me wonder what else is lurking in the house mind you.

  2. #1552
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Makes me wonder what else is lurking in the house mind you.


    Maybe there's an 'Awesome Possum' lurking in your loft?

  3. #1553
    Was looking for something entirely different in the loft, was so happy to find treasure though! No idea what I had done with the rest of my old big box PC stuff, but some good memories here, and look at the amount of paperwork Lucasarts used to put in the boxes!

    This is the first PC game we bought back when we got our first PC, 486 DX2 66, double speed CD-ROM drive and Sound Blaster 16 compatible sound card.







    Then went hunting other Lucasarts games.















    Later on I remember installing a second HDD so that I could play games without the original CDs in, using a CD-ROM emulator.

    And the first Windows based game we bought, I remember getting it thinking it was weird not to have a DOS based game, no messing about with config.sys and autoexec.bat or creating boot up floppies with tweaked versions of those files to give more free memory. I had to ring IBM after a few weeks to get a replacement plectrum as we wore it out. The chap on the phone was as enthusiastic about the game as I was, he loved it and talked for a good while about it.







    We used an old tennis racket as a guitar and the strings on it wore this plectrum out!

    Happy days
    Last edited by mmmonkey; 20-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.

  4. #1554
    I love the artwork on those old Lucasarts games

  5. #1555
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmonkey View Post

    This is the first PC game we bought back when we got our first PC, 486 DX2 66, double speed CD-ROM drive and Sound Blaster 16 compatible sound card.
    My first PC was a Pentium 100. I remember enjoying games like BioForge, Little Big Adventure, Ecstatica, Full Throttle, Quake etc... That PC lasted me 7 years until 2002. I did so much with that machine: DTP, music, 3D graphics etc...


    Quote Originally Posted by mmmonkey View Post
    We used an old tennis racket as a guitar and the strings on it wore this plectrum out!

  6. #1556
    That Lucasarts era was amazing. Awesome games and it seems they were well taken care of. Mint AF!

  7. #1557
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    My first PC was a Pentium 100. I remember enjoying games like BioForge, Little Big Adventure, Ecstatica, Full Throttle, Quake etc... That PC lasted me 7 years until 2002. I did so much with that machine: DTP, music, 3D graphics etc...
    Some awesome games there, I'd forgotten about Ecstatica - that was the horror game with 3D graphics - the characters made out of balls??

  8. #1558
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    That Lucasarts era was amazing. Awesome games and it seems they were well taken care of. Mint AF!

    A bit round around the edges, but not too bad. Having some CD-ROM emulating software certainly helped!

  9. #1559
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmonkey View Post
    Some awesome games there, I'd forgotten about Ecstatica - that was the horror game with 3D graphics - the characters made out of balls??


    Yeah, the characters are made out of spheres[ellipsoids] I thought it was really impressive at the time. The dark theme of the game also grabbed my attention.

  10. #1560
    Very happy memories stirred with those Lucasarts boxes I wish my attic held such treasures. Day of the Tentacle was a genius piece of puzzle gaming. It was the first game I played on my shiny new PC, closely followed by Full Throttle. I loved The Dig too but never finished it.

    Little Big Adventure and Ecstatica were another couple of big titles at the time. Ecstatica had a real atmosphere of dead and danger. Bleak and beautiful in equal measure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •