X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Lots of treasure...
    Ha ha it did
    Have some JPN MD & Saturn stuff in the recovered treasure...also some Wii stuff but that's far less exciting

Comment

Had no end of bother with the first Tatung I got, the TC-01 just doing weird stuff, and not really wanting to play ball. With the help of guy who makes the sd card for einstein he tracked it down to possibly some bad ram. I also noticed some were running hotter than others with a laser thermometer. I desoldered all eight, and replaced with sockets, took all afternoon Sunday Fitted some newly arrived ram chips and woo hoo, back in business!

Comment

Good work, must have been a good moment when it started working properly :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
          Good work, must have been a good moment when it started working properly :-)
          There was much rejoicing!

Comment

Nothing more satisfying than been able to solder and do work like that yourself. It’s a really handy skill to have.

Comment

Afterwards I tried to solder a din plug for a speccy +3 Cisco PSU and made a right bog of it

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                Fitted some newly arrived ram chips and woo hoo, back in business!
                Luke Morse would be proud,

It's nice when you manage to fix something after all the stress of trying to work out what the problem could be. Eureka!

Comment

The last of my goodies found the other day JPN MD & Saturn

Neil

Comment

Some of my ebay stuff has turned up so far, pleased to say all pristine. Have quite a bit to play through at the moment that's for damn sure, if only i had more time but least i have most of the xmas week off to game my ass off.

Comment

And Jikkyo oshaberi parodius turned up this morning thankfully escaping import duty, for the most part it's in reasonably nice condition the manual is mint and case is in great shape just a few mins with novus and most of the surface scuffs are gone. The disk has scratches but it's those micro fine ones you only see if you angle it just right. It's good enough for now but at some point i'll see if i can get a flawless disk as i really like this game. It plays fine but my ocd will bug me to upgrade it like most of my games lol.

And the trilogy is complete, although i may have to get a spinecard for the missing one. I'm corrupted now as i love having them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        but my ocd will bug me

I'm glad I don't suffer from OCD, because I wouldn't be able to buy cheap games.

The only thing that annoys me is when sellers lie about the condition of a game, so when "a few light marks" turns out to be 'lots of severe scratches' I feel....
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-12-2019, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          How are you finding the lag on the Retrobit pad? I bought one myself last week and I noticed the lag immediately. It's just about tolerable in slow games, but for shooters it's an absolute game breaker,

I sent Retrobit an email about it and they said they've had other reports and so are looking into it. There's a video on YouTube of a guy comparing the lag on the Megadrive dongle vs the USB one, and the MD one has 40-50ms of lag vs 10ms on the USB version.

The pad is solid otherwise, aside from the rather nasty triggers. I just hope they can fix the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                            How are you finding the lag on the Retrobit pad? I bought one myself last week and I noticed the lag immediately. It's just about tolerable in slow games, but for shooters it's an absolute game breaker,

I sent Retrobit an email about it and they said they've had other reports and so are looking into it. There's a video on YouTube of a guy comparing the lag on the Megadrive dongle vs the USB one, and the MD one has 40-50ms of lag vs 10ms on the USB version.

The pad is solid otherwise, aside from the rather nasty triggers. I just hope they can fix the lag.
                            I have the wired USB version. Not solid at all. I used it for a week/10 days with my MiSTer setup and one of the directions on the d-pad broke inside so I had to take it apart and glue it with superglue. It works now but not sure for how long.

The USB version on the other hand must have very little lag. Very hard for me to spot any when it comes to fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post

I'm not having any issue to be honest, other than the C button sticking at times

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                I'm not having any issue to be honest, other than the C button sticking at times
                                To be fair, even a button sticking sometimes is a sign of poor quality. Official pads even after 25 years are working perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X