Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
    Was looking for something entirely different in the loft, was so happy to find treasure though! No idea what I had done with the rest of my old big box PC stuff, but some good memories here, and look at the amount of paperwork Lucasarts used to put in the boxes!

Happy days
    Nice collection! I should have those 3 Lucasarts boxed games in my loft also!

Comment

Best Lucas Arts games was Outlaws, now that was a game! HEEEEY MARRRSSHALL! bock bock bock a bock!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Best Lucas Arts games was Outlaws, now that was a game! HEEEEY MARRRSSHALL! bock bock bock a bock!
        Wow, no recollection of that one at all, even after a quick google! Will investigate further :-)

Comment

Good shout vp, Outlaws was class. Even more amazing is I think it used the Dark Forces engine and didn't make me want to hurl.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Good shout vp, Outlaws was class. Even more amazing is I think it used the Dark Forces engine and didn't make me want to hurl.
            One of the best sound tracks of any game too!

Comment

And my CD32 streak still continues. Strangely enough I found the game in its jewel case from one seller and the empty big box from another, around 10€ each. Talk about a match made in heaven. (...or rather hell, in this case?)

Last edited by Samuray; 24-10-2018, 19:04.

Comment

Nice CD32 get!!

Also yes, outlaws! It had left my mind completely but me and my best mate loved that game (if it’s what I’m thinking it was, Will check later.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
                  .or rather hell, in this case?)
                  A game I've never played. Is it like an isometric Dragon's Lair sort of experience?

Comment

I've finally completed my Lynx collection with this bunch of games. I have a Lynx carry case, so I decided to buy cart only; although some of my games are boxed because of bargain prices. So I now have 20 Lynx games and don't think I'll buy any more. I like to have collections consisting of good to very good games, so don't want to waste money on average titles that I won't feel like playing. It's nice to know I can enjoy every game.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 25-10-2018, 09:40.

Comment

I always liked the look of warbirds

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        A game I've never played. Is it like an isometric Dragon's Lair sort of experience?
                        I have yet to hook up my CD32 (only have room for one system at a time because the Neo Geo has a permanent place at the CRT) but I think it is more of an adventure game, with different kind of tasks and riddles.

I've finally completed my Lynx collection with this bunch of titles.

What a beautiful sight! Don't have a Lynx myself but I appreciate the Atari legacy and those nice looking carts. Especially "Pac-Land" and "Paperboy" feel particularly right on an Atari system, for whatever reason (it's not like they were Atari exclusives or anything).

"Qix" is more a Gameboy title for me, though. What's "Warbirds"? A 3D game or a classic shoot'em up?

What Lynx titles are you delibaretely skipping, for example?

Comment

Klax on lynx is pretty awesome, addictive as hell.

Comment

I always liked the look of warbirds
                            I've just been playing it -- and it really is something special. It has the graphics of an Amiga flight sim, with some nice cloud effects, and having dogfights feels really fun. No wonder people have always said it's one of the best games for the system.

Originally posted by Samuray View Post
                            What a beautiful sight! Don't have a Lynx myself but I appreciate the Atari legacy and those nice looking carts. Especially "Pac-Land" and "Paperboy" feel particularly right on an Atari system, for whatever reason (it's not like they were Atari exclusives or anything).

"Qix" is more a Gameboy title for me, though. What's "Warbirds"? A 3D game or a classic shoot'em up?

What Lynx titles are you delibaretely skipping, for example?
                            I didn't have a Lynx back in the day -- but decided to buy a Lynx II with a modern screen a couple of years ago. I've been slowly buying games -- starting with 'must-have' titles like Toki and Rygar etc...

Shadow of the Beast surprised me, because it's much better than any other version - including the Amiga. It's actually a good game on the Lynx -- the developer polished the design and added some cool effects.

Yeah, the carts look and feel really nice. I will play Qix on any system -- luckily the Lynx version is pretty good.

There are plenty of average, bad, and terrible Lynx games. Kung Food and Batman spring to mind as really bad games. I have 20 games made up of titles that really show off the system and offer quite a bit of fun.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Klax on lynx is pretty awesome, addictive as hell.
                            Yeah, it's a really good port. You play it 'vertically', so rotate the Lynx. It's a cool feature. I really enjoyed the go I had on it earlier, so it's another game I'll be coming back to time and time again.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 25-10-2018, 11:35.

Comment

Apart from the arcade version it's probably the best version of klax i have played, it was great they used the screen to it's full arcade potential & didn't smoosh it down to fit the other way. My favourite lynx game after chips challenge.

Comment

*praises the Lynx in all its glory*
                                Damn son.....damn.....you're actually making me want a Lynx here.

I never considered it really because I'm more of a big screen gamer. Sure, I have handhelds, but only Nintendo and Sony, so pretty much the common stuff. But somehow....you make this sound VERY tempting!

Modern screen.....impressive "Warbirds"....."Toki".....and most of all, "Shadow of the Beast"! That's one of my all-time favorites!!! I always thought every version aside from Amiga was useless, and since I got rid of all homecomputer stuff I used to be Beat-less for a long time. I got the port for FM Towns Marty one day, which is pretty great, and then I also picked up the PS4 sequel from Asia that has the original Amoga version as a hidden bonus....but hearing that the Lynx version is good on its own, and even improved in some areas, makes me very very curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X