No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got an Amiga 1200. Very unstable at the moment so off to have new capacitors tomorrow. Has an 030 accelerator too. Pics once it comes back from hospital

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
      Batty was great! Got it free with YS I seem to recall.
      Yeah, Batty was free on a covertape -- then word got around that it's a brilliant Arkanoid clone. I remember being really impressed with it.

Then it got released on a compilation -- and eventually for a budget label a while later.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Pics once it comes back from hospital
      Get well soon.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-09-2020, 17:52.

Comment

Todays arrivals , Monacos were a tenner each so I couldn't say no

Comment

Looks like a nice condition Golden Axe. I still remember buying my Japanese copy on release from a little shop in Edinburgh, great memories.

Comment

It needs a new case but it's great to finally have this again. Tekken hogged the limelight for 3D beat em ups in the PSX days but I also put a lot of time into this and Soul Edge. Never did get round to playing Dead or Alive or Bloody Roar though. Or Tobal. And I only ever played Bushido Blade 1 which I'd love to dip back into.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              I always had you down as a batty boy, did you play it on the speccy? I always thought it was better than arkanoid.
              I had to google it as i had never heard of that one, seems that one passed me by i had a load of covertapes from various mags but never came across batty. I first experienced arkanoid on my friends amiga and then i ended up buying the speccy version. Something about the sound effects and the music jingles in the original version of arkanoid that i love, just a shame that to really make it playable you need a paddle controller. I used to struggle with the amiga mouse when i played it at my friends place. I found it too twitchy to accurately control although it could just have been my gaming experience with it as a kid and not been versed with using a mouse to control it.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post

Oi mate, you’re talking my language! Cheap Meggy games = nice haul!

Comment

The Golden Axe box art brings back great memories of how it inspired me to buy a Mega Drive. I love the Japanese box art for the Sonic games. I also remember how much of a big thing Super Monaco GP was when it came out.

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  Never did get round to playing Dead or Alive or Bloody Roar though. Or Tobal. And I only ever played Bushido Blade 1 which I'd love to dip back into.
                  I'd still recommend Bloody Roar 1 & 2. Tobal 2 is also really good and still looks impressive. I remember loving Bushido Blade 1 & 2, so I also feel like going back to them.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-09-2020, 06:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    I'd still recommend Bloody Roar 1 & 2. Tobal 2 is also really good and still looks impressive. I remember loving Bushido Blade 1 & 2, so I also feel like going back to them.
                    There's something really cool about the stakes and finality of a move in Bushido Blade. I can't imagine modern day SE ever making something like this now, let alone releasing a sequel!

Bloody Roar's definitely on the list, it's one of those games I'd always hear about in mags but never got round to playing. It's something I've wanted to correct for some time now.
                    Last edited by Cepp; 22-09-2020, 07:19. Reason: typos - its too early -_-

Comment

Bloody Roar's definitely on the list, it's one of those games I'd always hear about in mags but never got round to playing. It's somethig I've wanted to correct for some time now.
                      I remember going to a computer show in London and being really surprised by how good Bloody Roar was. At the the time -- the way the human characters morphed into animals was really impressive. It also had pretty nice graphics to boost the appeal.

Maybe nostalgia plays a part in why I still go back to it, but I do think it's a solid fighting game. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Bloody Roar is awesome.

Comment

Bloody Roar is bloody awesome?

Alright, I've added Bloody Roar, Tobal, Dead or Alive and Bushido Blade to the ol' eBay search. Can't imagine they go for much and I'm up for exploring the PSX's 3D beat em up library a bit more.

Comment

Tobal,
                            I'd go for Tobal 2, but I guess it's really expensive???

Comment

Took 3 weeks to get here from the USA but sneaked in customs free which was a bonus,

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                I'd go for Tobal 2, but I guess it's really expensive???
                                Seems affordable looking at eBay; under a tenner

Took 3 weeks to get here from the USA but sneaked in customs free which was a bonus,

Gorgeous artwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X