X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to play that on my SuperGrafx!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      If for nothing other than a laugh, my next few posts in this thread are going to be retro items I bought because I was a wee bit drunk.

Despite having been long out of the retro loop, sometimes I'll see stuff and the old reflexes kick in, seeing mystery parcels arrive at the door some time later. First up is undoubtedly one of the most stupid ones as I no longer own either a PC-Engine or a Mega Drive, yet it didn't stop me. (Well, I have minis but they hardly count!)

So, I bought this bundle from PCE Works, to be honest I could've cancelled this one but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see how good a job they'd done of it, and I knew I could always chuck it back on eBay to get rid of it. So here we go with the Darius Alpha/Darius pack.

The main thing that got me interested here was that it actually contained a reproduction HuCard of the daftly rare Darius Alpha. Having owned an original of this back in the collecting days (Which in comparison to todays madness I paid an almost decent £550 for) I wanted to see how close they'd got with this. And I have to say, it's pretty much spot on, apart from them thankfully putting PCE Works logos on to make it clear it's a repro.

The 3D printed case and HuCard seem to be of a very high quality and I was actually pretty impressed, but then they also made some pretty nifty add ons. Since the game is enhanced on the Super Grafx, they also included a SGFX card slipcase for the game -

On top of that there was a whole bunch of other extras. When you received the genuine Darius Alpha it came with a letter which there's a reproduction of. Also flyers, steel pin badge, an actual manual for the game (the original doesn't have one) Darius comics, postcards, comics etc. Yeah, it's all tat but it's all incredibly well done.

Because I bought it early I was given the option of getting a bonus bundle that also included a Japanese MD copy of the unreleased Darius which recently featured on the MD Mini. Again, they've done an amazing job on this. The artwork and packaging is great, and the cart/manual/reg card are all as you would've expected an actual release to have looked. Only weird thing is they've used a hang tab case though?

Oh, and the last thing included was 3D glasses for both games. Just for that final piece of tat.

So yeah, that's what happens when I've had a few beers and I'm bored. No matter what you think of PCE Works though, and god knows I've slagged them off plenty of times myself, this really is a pretty impressive package. Which is of absolutely no use to me.
      Holy crap dude that's pretty freaking sweet

Comment

Does the game play ok on a super grafx etc? Quite tempted really.

Comment

It does Van, aye. The HuCard will play on all Japanese systems, the SGFX just gives it a bit of added grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            It does Van, aye. The HuCard will play on all Japanese systems, the SGFX just gives it a bit of added grunt.
            Very tempted, I have the normal SGFX boosted Darius and three other SGFX games, I just need two then to get the set.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think PCE Works have any of these left.

Comment

Unca Bo, behave!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  Did the recent Columbus Circle games have hang tabs? I got the Jp version of Xeno Crisis which had a Jp cart but also had a hang tab on the box. I assumed there wasn’t anyone producing the non-hang tab versions these days.
                  No the Columbus Circle games didn’t have hang tabs, made them a bit more authentic in my book love the fact most Jap games didn’t one less thing to get damaged or cut off, plus they display better on a shelf.

Comment

Comment

Nice! I hope the caps are good. I’m still fixing mine

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Nice! I hope the caps are good. I’m still fixing mine
                        Yeah Ok at the moment and all working fine. Just need to get the Arcade card next and a Spectrum QL next

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Still my holy grail console (well the Duo-R actually...but you know)
                          Looks lovely
                          Hope you have a blast with it

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Still my holy grail console (well the Duo-R actually...but you know)
                            Looks lovely
                            Hope you have a blast with it

Neil
                            Thanks, Haven't been into the PC Engine since 2005 when I sold mine, to pay for the new HD TV for the 360 (along with loads of other retro stuff) With the lockdown, pubs shut, no Cardiff City home games... I've saved a ton and so I'm spending it.

New C9 LG to come too

Comment

Do like the Duo but having to sort the caps seems like a chore over just buying an R.

Comment

OG Duo is beautiful isn't it that teal power button steals the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X