Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    I always wanted the Famicom Titler for native RGB

I'd rather have a Twin modded for RGB. The Titler doesn't look very attractive to my eyes.

The Titler is also much more expensive.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    Also sounds too much like Hitler
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-09-2019, 10:32.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Was only a tenner, I fancied trying them after seeing them on the end credits of the latest one. I thought I'll see how my portable telephone handles them. It's my belief to buy a lot of these Japanese games cheap now, as once a proper pair of smart glasses arrives with language translation, all these none english titles will fly!
      I have only tried the very first one in Japanese it’s a product of its time so I really can’t be too harsh as in 2019 it’s really basic and extremely grindy, the only other was sentinels of the starry sky as I won a copy for 89p on eBay so I gave it a whirl and ended up loving it also liked the way all the weapons and armour changed your appearance something I was slightly disappointed with in 11 as only a few items change your appearance. Weirdly I find Japanese in its 8 bit font form hard going, I have gotten to used to furigana above kanji to help as pure kana is hard in games. Well it is for me as I never know where one word begins and ends as I’m not that good lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        I'd rather have a Twin modded for RGB. The Titler doesn't look very attractive to my eyes.
        Agreed, the Titler certainly isn’t something I’d want in my set-up. I really wanted a Twin but the red / orange ones are apparently prone to yellowing and I could never find a black Twin or Twin Turbo in good enough condition at an agreeable price

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          Agreed, the Titler certainly isn’t something I’d want in my set-up. I really wanted a Twin but the red / orange ones are apparently prone to yellowing and I could never find a black Twin or Twin Turbo in good enough condition at an agreeable price
          I preferred the look of the earlier twin in red, but the one I got has the longer pad cables and turbo powers. If the leads were any shorter, you would need the twin famicom on your lap!

Comment

I preferred the look of the earlier twin in red,

I think I like your version the most. The black & red one is also nice. The red one doesn't appeal to me at all.

Comment

Sometimes I head over to CEX to see what PC games they have for 50p or a quid. I picked up quite a few to mess around with this time. Max Payne 2 came with the CD for Max Payne 1 as well which I don't think it was originally sold with.

But this is the real gem. Not 50p sadly. There aren't many games out there that I truly regret not buying at release but this is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                I picked up quite a few to mess around with this time.
                Painkiller is a great game. I was playing it on an old PC a few months ago, and it still looks quite impressive. Has old school charm that appeals to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Painkiller is a great game. I was playing it on an old PC a few months ago, and it still looks quite impressive. Has old school charm that appeals to me.
                  It's one of those games I've always known about but never really tried. I'm looking forward to giving it a go

Comment

In some ways this must count, it's about as close as I'll get to posting an arrival in here these days.

Comment

The tower mini box looks big

Comment

It's not a machine I'm familiar with at all. An old mate of mine Hirst, had got a normal famicom cheap and was going on about the games. So I thought I'd do it properly
                        He sounds like a wrong 'un.

I never had a NES back in the day, I was given one years back but when I dug it out a couple of years ago the prices of regular NES stuff shocked me. Prices of £15-30 for most completely ordinary PAL games, just the cart only! Fair enough if it's for some exotic machine, but I couldn't be bothered with that so I just stuck the NES on eBay and forgot about it.

Then a couple of months back, I discovered the Famicom equivalents go for absolute buttons (most games are £2-4!), so I thought I'd get this early model (composite modded by the seller in Japan). Now I can play my all-time favourite game, "Stock Victory Study". Might do a proper post about it later, the NES market has kind of been collectored to death but this is a great alternative - cooler machines, nicer carts and huge value for money (my favourite).

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                          He sounds like a wrong 'un.

I never had a NES back in the day, I was given one years back but when I dug it out a couple of years ago the prices of regular NES stuff shocked me. Prices of £15-30 for most completely ordinary PAL games, just the cart only! Fair enough if it's for some exotic machine, but I couldn't be bothered with that so I just stuck the NES on eBay and forgot about it.

Then a couple of months back, I discovered the Famicom equivalents go for absolute buttons (most games are £2-4!), so I thought I'd get this early model (composite modded by the seller in Japan). Now I can play my all-time favourite game, "Stock Victory Study". Might do a proper post about it later, the NES market has kind of been collectored to death but this is a great alternative - cooler machines, nicer carts and huge value for money (my favourite).
                          Haha, he's back!

Comment

Todays arrival ,

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                              cooler machines, nicer carts and huge value for money (my favourite).
                              Yeah, it has the 'cool factor' and the huge range of cart colours/styles is really appealing. The reasonable prices for most games is also a plus point. A few are very expensive though, but I don't think many go above £100.

It's all about fueling a passion for retro gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                                Todays arrival ,

Did you not say you were only going for ten carts? Seems an odd choice ahead of some of the other KOF games if you’re keeping your collection so tight. Or have you done what everyone who buys a Neo does and broke the rules you set yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X