No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s absolutely mint, in both colour and condition... you’d think it had never been used. I always wanted the Spice Orange one, but when I saw this colour a few years ago I went all

Comment

You chose wisely, those tales cubes are a lot harder to find than the spice ones as orange was a regular edition so there’s loads of them in japan. Nice yours is yellowing free, I have seen so many cubes of all colours and a lot of those grey port faceplates have yellowed horribly. I took great lengths on amazon Japan’s marketplace to check for no yellowing. No pics of the actual item then no purchase, hell there was one on there listed as very good with an almost brown front.

The best thing about pal cubes is you can sacrifice them for parts lol. They are a good source for drive swapping if your jpn one goes tits up or the front faceplate goes yellow as all the parts come apart easily they are nicely made. Have one sacrificial cube under the bed for a time I may need to use some of its parts but to be honest I have never had one break on me yet.

Comment

Ah I used to have that Tales GC back in the day. It’s a lovely design for sure.

Comment

I have the Tales GC pack like that with the GB player. Had it since launch.
          My green controller has definitely seen better days with a fair bit of yellowing. I tried retro brighting it earlier this year, which worked somewhat but is a bit streaky now!

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
            I have the Tales GC pack like that with the GB player. Had it since launch.
            My green controller has definitely seen better days with a fair bit of yellowing. I tried retro brighting it earlier this year, which worked somewhat but is a bit streaky now!
            Well that satisfies my curiosity with coloured plastics as I was wondering if it works on them like it does to grey/white. Still wondering if it works with clear plastic too.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
              I got a Cube too...
              Minty!

I've never seen that colour GameCube before.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                I got a Cube too...

It came with the game and the Player disc, but they’re staying in the box, along with the PSU and composite cables! Just need an HDMI adapter, UK PSU and get the XenoGC in there.
                What does the XenoGC do exactly? I tried reading about it on google but it wasn't very clear.

Comment

I thought it’s one of those mod chips to enable burned disks to be booted along with playing home brew and dvd playback and a lot of other fun unofficial things.

Comment

The main thing is that it allows the use of Gameboy Interface, which is far better than Nintendo’s official Player software, and doesn’t require messing about with the disc either. And as an added bonus I don’t have to mess around with physical GC discs either...

Comment

Picked up a PAL stealth modded PSOne so I could play some of my PAL titles, JP titles and fan translations. Grabbed Ghoul Panic while I was at it. It's going to be a G-Con 45 kind of weekend.

I really want to grab an LCD screen for this thing, preferably one that supports 50hz/60hz.

Comment

Nice purchase Cepp i love the psone redesign, wish i could find a screen again mine used to come with one but it cracked apart one day when i lifted up the screen to play. Annoying as now they are either yellowed or stupidly expensive to buy.

Comment

Yeah that's something that's really caught my off guard. I was not expecting them to be so pricey.

Comment

Best packaging ever!

Comment

My first graded game. By my logic, if I’d purchased a non-graded one I’d have put it in a box protector, stuck it on the shelf and played the ROM anyway. This wasn’t too much more than non-graded ones and at least this way I have a nice display piece.

Comment

[MENTION=15014]_SD_[/MENTION] Would you mind please pointing me in the direction of suitable box protectors for the NGPC? I have some Japanese cardboard games I’d like to protect.

Comment

Working...
                                X