No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted Battle Golfer Yui ever since seeing the GCCX episode on it, Darius is ace, and TF feels like a series I've overlooked.

And yeah, that NGPC thread did a number on me. I've had Puzzle Bobble and Real Bout sat on my shelf for a while but no system, but I went on a bit of a spree. There's a couple more games I've got my eye on but they're a little less common and a fair bit pricier, it'd seem. Completely get the love for the joystick on it, though - while I'm very keen to play these on the Analogue Pocket, I'm very doubtful it'll have a stick this good!

Comment

****ing hell! Where did you even see that lot for sale?

I'm always trying to check the value of MOTM but it's never up on Ebay. I really would like to test the waters by offering my games on no reserve auctions, just to see how high people would be actually willing to bid.

Comment

Nice one. Really like that colourway on the machine. What other games have you got your eye on?

I can honestly recommend Pac-Man. Might seem like a weird choice, but it comes with a special ring that you put around your stick (as it were), and the cornering actually feels really good.
        Last edited by wakka; 04-03-2021, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          ****ing hell! Where did you even see that lot for sale?

I'm always trying to check the value of MOTM but it's never up on Ebay. I really would like to test the waters by offering my games on no reserve auctions, just to see how high people would be actually willing to bid.
          Most of it is from eBay! Few bits worked out lucky, like a guy accepting offers on just the box and manual for Dark Arms while another auction had a loose cart bundled in with the hardware.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Nice one. Really like that colourway on the machine. What other games have you got your eye on?

I can honestly recommend Pac-Man. Might seem like a weird choice, but it comes with a special ring that you put around your stick (as it were), and the cornering actually feels really good.
          Some of the other fighters (Last Blade, Gals Fighters), Card Fighters Clash, Metal Slug 2nd Mission... and Pac-Man is actually on the list, too! Part of the problem is trying to find the 'right' versions of them all. Unfortunately my brain has decided that it's clamshells or bust, which means PAL versions for some of those, and big prices in turn.

Comment

Weird. My mate also has just the cart and its little case for Dark Arms.

I need to replace the lithium battery cover on my pale blue machine. I went at it a little too aggressively with a coin at some point and it's left some marking. It's always niggled me up, that.

I absolutely adore it. Best handheld. I should probably look at getting another one, somehow. Tempted to sell off the 1CHIP and PCE, seeing as I've got a MiSTer on the way. The money made from that can get me another one of these and maybe a couple more games I want (Last Blade and Pac-Man).
            Last edited by dataDave; 05-03-2021, 08:47.

Comment

Unfortunately, some muppet has done the exact same goof on the battery cover. xD

Urghh.. Over 700 pounds for Last Blade? No thank you. I'll just settle for a flash cart.
              Last edited by dataDave; 05-03-2021, 08:49.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Wanted Battle Golfer Yui ever since seeing the GCCX episode on it, Darius is ace, and TF feels like a series I've overlooked.

And yeah, that NGPC thread did a number on me. I've had Puzzle Bobble and Real Bout sat on my shelf for a while but no system, but I went on a bit of a spree. There's a couple more games I've got my eye on but they're a little less common and a fair bit pricier, it'd seem. Completely get the love for the joystick on it, though - while I'm very keen to play these on the Analogue Pocket, I'm very doubtful it'll have a stick this good!

Lol, bloody hell. Battle Golfer Yui. That is a massive blast from the past. Now I have to find my copy. Its got to be around somewhere.

Comment

First retro purchase in an exceedingly long time, here.

Recently picked up an OSSC from a forumite in order to get my Saturn up and running again. Top of the docket to play is the Sakura Wars fan translation - and since my new mini retro setup is desk-based, I somehow convinced myself that I needed to buy the Saturn mouse and mousepad to do so

After Sakura Wars, I'm planning a replay of Policenauts as I really love that game, and haven't played the expanded Saturn version. So I'll be giving the mouse a run out there, too.

Overall condition of the set is good. The box has a few dings and the discs a few scratches, but I actually don't think the mouse and mousepad have ever been used. It was barely more than buying a loose Saturn mouse, so I'm pretty happy with it

Comment

Can I post when I didn’t get something retro?

I happened to find Dennin Aleste for sale on eBay yesterday, complete but no spine, for £45. It’s really been going up lately and other sellers had it for at least twice that. I decided to sleep on it and when I woke up this morning I went online to buy it, only to find out that I’d missed out on it. Dang!

Oh well, I’ll be patient and wait for another reasonably priced copy to turn up. Either that or consign it to my “when I go to Japan” shopping list that will likely never happen.

Comment

More Master System homebrew goodness.

It’s a Alex Kidd total conversion but you couldn’t tell by looking at it.

Comment

Been having a bash on my latest arrival this afternoon, Rugal can go $shfjk! himself , cheapass $&#*?$, !

Comment

Only took a few weeks to arrive from the States.

Installed it along with an IGR board and wow this thing seems really really good. Currently very happy that I upgraded from the PSIO that I was using.

The menu loads immediately after the PlayStation startup sequence, and fast loading (bypassing a second startup sequence) has been a 100% success rate so far. The IGR board resets the console with the button combination of L2, R2, Select and Cross, you can also just reset the game with L2, R2, Select and Start.
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 08-03-2021, 19:17.

Comment

After being introduced to this by [MENTION=16833]QuantumLeap[/MENTION] and coming all the way from Spain, it turned up this morning:

They did a great job in general with the packaging - more pics here.

Played for about an hour this morning, and it's clear a lot of heart and soul went into the project. Somewhere between Star Fox 64 and Sin & Punishment, it's a challenging arcade on-rails shooter with alternate routes. Plenty of bright, distinct environments and a great 80s sci-fi inspired OST, some of which I was finding myself humming already. The fuedal-Japan themed level is absolutely ace There's also a ton of unlockables which, rather than your standard alt costumes or difficulty levels, are entirely separate game modes - the first of which is a 10-level tribute to Space Harrier.

I do think the press coverage has been a bit gushy though, given I hadn't read these minor, but pretty clear, faults:

1) In the main game (though weirdly not in the bonus levels) aiming with the analog stick feels off. I think it's because the game doesn't register the degree of movement, only the direction. So whether you tilt the stick slightly or slam it to the side, the cursor moves at the same pace. To offset this, there's an option to set the cursor speed, and setting it higher than the default helps but doesn't quite solve it. Direction is full analog though - no eight-way nonsense fortunately.
                            2) Some of the enemies blend in with the background too much. It's also very easy to lose sight of your crosshair given the choice to make it a similar colour to your bullets.
                            3) No suspend save function? While the inspiration materials obviously never had one, this game can take an hour to clear and so it seems a weird omission for a new release.

So - make sure your expectations are set to 'very good indie developer release' rather than 'genre-defining old school masterpiece' and you'll be in with a good time. Whether that's worth 50 squids admission will be personal preference...
                            Last edited by danstan21; 09-03-2021, 07:07.

Comment

Xenocider sounds like what most of the UK were drinking the year we voted for Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Only took a few weeks to arrive from the States.

Installed it along with an IGR board and wow this thing seems really really good. Currently very happy that I upgraded from the PSIO that I was using.

The menu loads immediately after the PlayStation startup sequence, and fast loading (bypassing a second startup sequence) has been a 100% success rate so far. The IGR board resets the console with the button combination of L2, R2, Select and Cross, you can also just reset the game with L2, R2, Select and Start.
                                How difficult was the installation? Im thinking about picking one of these up but hear that its quite a tricky mod. Was hoping to do one along with the PS Digital mod but that one is constantly sold out so who knows when they will come back in stock, plus I will need to change the bios apparently as it will be a Japanese console that will be modded.

Comment

Working...
                                X