No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original white PCE, when pristine, is for me the best looking console ever made. NEC really knocked it out the park in the design stakes, and as already said, HuCards are just awesome. I'll never for get first seeing them advertised in the games mags back in the day and just knowing I'd do anything to get my hands on one!

Comment

I still can’t believe Nintendo turned down the opportunity to use hucards. Love how the art is printed onto the plastic, they are hard wearing and the contacts are easy to clean it’s a great design.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Even the logo looks cool
        Yeah, a logo I wouldn't mind having on a T-shirt. I might have a look around for one. Also, a Hudson bee shirt.

Comment

Half of this is me loving the console/software form factor, the other half being the handful of games I'm after. Hopefully nothing too expensive on my list... R-Type, Dungeon Explorer, Ninja Spirit, Super Star Soldier...

Comment

Ninja spirit tends to be a bit pricey nowadays, but the rest are still reasonable Dave.

Comment

Picked up some more PSX games.

Rescue Shot didn't make it here in one piece with the shoddy packaging used by the seller though :/

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                Rescue Shot didn't make it here in one piece with the shoddy packaging used by the seller though :/
                That's a shame. Bubble wrap is cheap, so it's annoying when someone doesn't bother to protect items that can easily be damaged in the post.

Comment

Yeah it's frustrating, just a little bit of effort and it would have been fine. They're getting negative feedback anyway.

Comment

OK, a bit of a noob question here. Can someone explain to me how NEC were able to fit everything into a HuCard that took up so much space in the NES and Master System cartridges?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                      Can someone explain to me how NEC were able to fit everything into a HuCard that took up so much space in the NES and Master System cartridges?

I haven't got a clue but good question. I need to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Even now the white pc engine docked into its cd rom interface unit is a beautiful sight to behold.
                        To this day, it looks like it's from the Future. Stunning setup

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                          OK, a bit of a noob question here. Can someone explain to me how NEC were able to fit everything into a HuCard that took up so much space in the NES and Master System cartridges?
                          There is loads of empty space inside MS and Famicom carts. And the Famicom carts needed room for mapper chips too.
                          I would guess NEC had their own chip foundries and were able to use a more advanced, ie smaller, process node to make the ROMs. Sega did have their My Card games which were pretty dinky too.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            To this day, it looks like it's from the Future. Stunning setup
                            It is indeed.Only have a few games left

Comment

Comment

Super Monkey Ball 2 has 480p support. Something the first game sadly lacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X