No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically she weighs a ton, is really heavy & also can't be picked up easily. However

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
      Realistically she weighs a ton, is really heavy & also can't be picked up easily. However
      Nice - Think fagin has a good breakdown of the 2016 on YouTube. I remember reading, the tube is Fantastic. Is the pickup location near to you mate? The weight - I know all about it! That’s what ice packs and deep heat are for ;-) But seriously, be careful if you are going to lift, take care. I have lifted those 20” units myself but they are really a 2 man job.

Comment

I've been convinced I've been free of retro items for months, only to find something in a cupboard I forgot I even owned. So I got something retro, only due to my awful memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I've been convinced I've been free of retro items for months, only to find something in a cupboard I forgot I even owned. So I got something retro, only due to my awful memory.
          Nothing like half a post, so what will you be putting up in the sales forum then?

Comment

Ach it was a Japanese MD copy of Golden Axe, I'm giving it to a mate. Makes me wonder what else is lurking in the house mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Makes me wonder what else is lurking in the house mind you.

Maybe there's an 'Awesome Possum' lurking in your loft?

Comment

Was looking for something entirely different in the loft, was so happy to find treasure though! No idea what I had done with the rest of my old big box PC stuff, but some good memories here, and look at the amount of paperwork Lucasarts used to put in the boxes!

This is the first PC game we bought back when we got our first PC, 486 DX2 66, double speed CD-ROM drive and Sound Blaster 16 compatible sound card.

Then went hunting other Lucasarts games.

Later on I remember installing a second HDD so that I could play games without the original CDs in, using a CD-ROM emulator.

And the first Windows based game we bought, I remember getting it thinking it was weird not to have a DOS based game, no messing about with config.sys and autoexec.bat or creating boot up floppies with tweaked versions of those files to give more free memory. I had to ring IBM after a few weeks to get a replacement plectrum as we wore it out. The chap on the phone was as enthusiastic about the game as I was, he loved it and talked for a good while about it.

We used an old tennis racket as a guitar and the strings on it wore this plectrum out!

Happy days
                Last edited by mmmonkey; 20-10-2018, 14:38.

Comment

I love the artwork on those old Lucasarts games

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post

This is the first PC game we bought back when we got our first PC, 486 DX2 66, double speed CD-ROM drive and Sound Blaster 16 compatible sound card.
                    My first PC was a Pentium 100. I remember enjoying games like BioForge, Little Big Adventure, Ecstatica, Full Throttle, Quake etc... That PC lasted me 7 years until 2002. I did so much with that machine: DTP, music, 3D graphics etc...

We used an old tennis racket as a guitar and the strings on it wore this plectrum out!

Comment

That Lucasarts era was amazing. Awesome games and it seems they were well taken care of. Mint AF!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        My first PC was a Pentium 100. I remember enjoying games like BioForge, Little Big Adventure, Ecstatica, Full Throttle, Quake etc... That PC lasted me 7 years until 2002. I did so much with that machine: DTP, music, 3D graphics etc...
                        Some awesome games there, I'd forgotten about Ecstatica - that was the horror game with 3D graphics - the characters made out of balls??

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                          That Lucasarts era was amazing. Awesome games and it seems they were well taken care of. Mint AF!

A bit round around the edges, but not too bad. Having some CD-ROM emulating software certainly helped!

Comment

Some awesome games there, I'd forgotten about Ecstatica - that was the horror game with 3D graphics - the characters made out of balls??

Yeah, the characters are made out of spheres[ellipsoids] I thought it was really impressive at the time. The dark theme of the game also grabbed my attention.

Comment

Very happy memories stirred with those Lucasarts boxes I wish my attic held such treasures. Day of the Tentacle was a genius piece of puzzle gaming. It was the first game I played on my shiny new PC, closely followed by Full Throttle. I loved The Dig too but never finished it.

Little Big Adventure and Ecstatica were another couple of big titles at the time. Ecstatica had a real atmosphere of dead and danger. Bleak and beautiful in equal measure.

Comment

Working...
                              X