Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Have to admit playing DDR using this setup is going to be hillarious.
    Just tape it round your head like it's a VR headset. Or see if they do a massive version of those screen magnifier devices people used on Gameboys.

Comment

Finally picked up a copy of sexy Parodius off ebay, paid through the ass for this one but i paid a lot because this copy is pristine and pretty much mint according to the listing (we shall see) looks like it's in extremely good nick from the pic.

Just need jikkyo oshaberi to complete the set think that one is next, maybe it's time to start getting some of the higher valued games now. Seriously deliberating on getting harmful park & gegege no kitaro but those 2 alone will nearly be £800 for both. My credit card can handle it but for the price of those 2 i could get a handful of the higher value shooters first.

Comment

Finally picked up a copy of sexy Parodius
        Did it come in a brown paper bag?

Looks like it's in really nice condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Did it come in a brown paper bag?

Looks like it's in really nice condition.
          Still waiting for seller to post it off, maybe it will come in a paper bag with a scrunched up tissue to finish it off lol.

Comment

Finally got one of the Tatungs loading from disk!

Comment

with a scrunched up tissue to finish it off lol.
              Oh.. it's the special collector's edition.

Comment

Just some odds and ends. The best F1 game ever created and Stranglehold (and yes, I do count this as retro now). I watched Hard Boiled and really wanted to play this. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere digitally.

I finally grabbed an Audigy 2 along with a midi connector which I probably won't attach to it tbh. I need to find/build a Y-split CD-ROM to sound card cable for this card and my Soundbaster. Bleem has been fun to mess around with although its interesting to note that even with games that are fully compatible, sound effects are music are off.

Comment

I moved to Japan about two months ago, leaving most of my retro gaming kit at my dad's in the UK. He's not going to be too pleased that I'm still adding to it for when I go back and visit...

Surprisingly cheap off Yahoo Auctions! I even picked up a junk second one for spares to repair my grey US one.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                    I moved to Japan about two months ago, leaving most of my retro gaming kit at my dad's in the UK. He's not going to be too pleased that I'm still adding to it for when I go back and visit...

Surprisingly cheap off Yahoo Auctions! I even picked up a junk second one for spares to repair my grey US one.
                    I'm sure he'll be ecstatic Are you over there long term then? I assume you're planning to move back eventually if you're sending stuff over.

Comment

I'm here for 18 months - I got on a scholarship programme for early-career young professionals. So I'm learning Japanese for a year, then doing a work placement for six months. After that, who knows 😄 Either way, I'm getting a proper fix of vidya in the interim...

Another recent pickup, to stay on topic:

Comment

Hehe nice one danstar you do realise though you are now going to be bombarded by people asking you to get them stuff lol.

Have a rob sat here with block & gyro sets but amusingly no famicom to use him on but even if i did i could never get him working as my tv is not a crt. I'm tempted to mod him into something usb related to use with my pc. I have enough robotics experience to use an arduino and make him directly be controllable. He's such an iconic thing i want to have him out of his box doing something.

Comment

And sexy parodius turned up sadly not in a brown paper bag lol, thankfully the ebay seller was truthful in their description the game is indeed pristine, safely away in a protector now.

Comment

the game is indeed pristine,
                            Love the box art for Parodius games. Something to treasure.

Comment

PSone screen arrived today, the free console attached is pretty gummed up as the eject button is stuck but that machine will be used for parts anyway, it's the screen i was after and apart from a few tiny scratches onl the lid it's in pretty good condition. Thankfully the screen is not scratched but im wary of the hinge as it's making clicking noises like the last screen did, hope the hinge components inside dont break off like my last screen. But for now it looks wonderful to play games on.

Such a sharp & clear image, looking forward to going through my collection on it but for now parodius is getting a hammering

Comment

PSone screen arrived today, the free console attached is pretty gummed up as the eject button is stuck but that machine will be used for parts anyway, it's the screen i was after and apart from a few tiny scratches onl the lid it's in pretty good condition. Thankfully the screen is not scratched but im wary of the hinge as it's making clicking noises like the last screen did, hope the hinge components inside dont break off like my last screen. But for now it looks wonderful to play games on.

Such a sharp & clear image, looking forward to going through my collection on it but for now parodius is getting a hammering
                                I love how dinky your collection is even your arcade cabinets!

Comment

Working...
                                X