No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing I really like about the DS4 is the big touch pad button. Obviously the touch pad is awful but having a big button to hit to bring up your inventory or whatever is really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Holly crap, that is way over priced. I guess you are living in a big city that sees a lot of outsiders coming through.
      Not really, I live in Ibaraki. But prices of retro stuff here has shot way up over the last few years. Even stuff like original GBAs are now being priced at ¥6,000 and SPs are around ¥8,000 at the book offs, hard offs, wonder goos and wonder rexes around here. Which is funny because if you try and sell anything you’ll get next to nothing for it. I think most of them either go on ebay and see what the inflated prices are and match them or they get their figures from Tokyo or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Indeed. It seems the only people who disagree are those who only love Sony consoles. For my PS2 I use a Hori controller simply because it has a real D-pad and with the PS4 I use my Series X controller. Even the touch pad can be emulated and it actually works. Not that many games really bother with it much.
        What Hori pad do you use on PS2? I barely play mine as can't manage the dual shock!

Comment

I'll throw my hat in and vote that despite being fine with Sony's controller the XBO controller is better than the DS4.

Whilst both are great I'd say Sony has slightly edged it back into winning position with the DS5 over the XSX controller though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
            Not really, I live in Ibaraki. But prices of retro stuff here has shot way up over the last few years. Even stuff like original GBAs are now being priced at ¥6,000 and SPs are around ¥8,000 at the book offs, hard offs, wonder goos and wonder rexes around here. Which is funny because if you try and sell anything you’ll get next to nothing for it. I think most of them either go on ebay and see what the inflated prices are and match them or they get their figures from Tokyo or something.
            ****, so glad it's not like that where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              What Hori pad do you use on PS2? I barely play mine as can't manage the dual shock!

Been using this for years.

Comment

Talking of crazy prices, there's a copy of Pokemon Yellow for the GB in Cex for £120. It's boxed but not new or anything. Looking at prices on eBay, some people are charging similar amounts (though it can be had for half that).

I know that boxed GB games are harder to come by than their loose counterparts, but how did that happen? It's not even a rare game, they sold millions of them. You'd think it would be a situation like Sega Rally on the Saturn, where there's more copies around than machines to play it on.

Comment

People have a lot of nostalgia for Pokemon and CEX like to try and make people believe old games must carry crazy price tags. The cexwatch hashtag on twitter is good for a chuckle.

Comment

Maybe Elon Musk recently tweeted that Pokemon Yellow was rare

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      Talking of crazy prices, there's a copy of Pokemon Yellow for the GB in Cex for £120. It's boxed but not new or anything. Looking at prices on eBay, some people are charging similar amounts (though it can be had for half that).

I know that boxed GB games are harder to come by than their loose counterparts, but how did that happen? It's not even a rare game, they sold millions of them. You'd think it would be a situation like Sega Rally on the Saturn, where there's more copies around than machines to play it on.
                      I wouldn't even pay ten quid for a Pokemon game. Substandard RPGs hyped by Pokemon Mania.

Comment

Not the most exciting of things, but something that makes these older "sit next to the TV" systems a lot more bearable, I finally got a controller extension lead for the Famicom.

Technically that's not entirely true though, it's actually a controller extension lead for NeoGeo systems. The original Famicom external port uses the same pin design. Combined it with an old Sansui turbo pad I got in Bangkok (and lost in my storage until the other week) and I can finally play it without having it dragged across the floor as pictured.

Some slightly more interesting stuff to follow in the post though.

Comment

Sealed Dreamcast games in 2021! Got very lucky with this, paying less than most used copies...

Comment

Nice, factory sealed too.

Comment

Wow, only paid for this last night and there it was, waiting for me when I got home. First of many 3DS games. Thanks to you guys.

Comment

I just received Micro Machines 2 for the Mega Drive (£15 off eBay)... and... it’s brilliant! Honestly, I forgot just how playable it is!! And Ferry Fiasco is still just as funny as I remember. I’ve got a couple of mates coming over this weekend so I’ll be sure to play some multiplayer action. Got Gauntlet IV arriving any day now (£12.50 off eBay) so gonna rinse that as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X