• Show
Clear All

LInda who calls their game LINDA!!!

The ace combat box art on 2-3 is lovely

Comment

Brenda: The Game

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Do find it slightly amusing seeing Colin buying Garou Densetsu 2 given the number of them I'm sure he's had over the years
        At one point I used to give anyone who bought any PCE games from me a copy free as I had something like five cases of sealed ones I got for next to nothing, and I used to use the cases to re-case games I bought that needed replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Do I detect a couple of fan translation inspired picks in fuse's haul...? Thinking of Private Eyedol and Linda Cubed.

I remember playing Ace Combat, or Air Combat as it was called here, not long after it came out. I seem to remember it being punishingly difficult but that was probably just to do with my age. Felt really cool swooping around though.
          Good spot! Remote Control Dandy and Blue Submarine are also on that list, and even Ace Combat 3. That did make it out over here officially, buuuuut....

Originally posted by romhacking.net
          While both Europe and North America got localized releases, they were single-disc versions without any characters, branching paths or world-building, plus minor gameplay changes, which resulted in a much lesser experience. Brand Director Kazutoki Kono cited team size and budget constraints as the reasons for this downgrade.

Comment

Very very interesting. Both Remote Control Dandy and Blue Submarine are new ones to me. With the latter, it looks like there are two games and they're based on a manga that became an OVA too. Do you know what order the Blue Submarine saga should be tackled...or does it not matter cos the game just follows the same story as the manga?

Had no idea about the cut content in the Western version of Ace Combat 3, either.

I'm planning to pick up my chipped PS2 from my parents' house soon to play some PS1 games and these are going on the list

Comment

Annoyingly, Big Mutha Truckers 2 has a disc read error when dumping to the Xbox:
              Pleased with condition of both of these 2. Warriors has been in a terrible state every other time I’ve seen it in CeX. GTA is better than the last copy I had, especially the cardboard sleeve.

Payne was a surprise in my local CeX as it’s always been Classics up to now. Nearly got all the BC games now!

Comment

GTA 3 and Max Payne are such good games. Is Max Payne 2 compatible? I really loved that game. I even wrote to Remedy after I finished it to say how much I liked it and they wrote a nice reply back.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  GTA 3 and Max Payne are such good games. Is Max Payne 2 compatible? I really loved that game. I even wrote to Remedy after I finished it to say how much I liked it and they wrote a nice reply back.
                  Max Payne 2 is BC, yes, and it looks rather good in native 4k on Series X!

Comment

Max Payne is great. Was my Christmas game for many years. (And a Christmas present itself!)

Comment

Not often squeeze an AES cart in, for £30 won't grumble. What bout superb artwork tease / mediocre game Curse, one for the wall tbh. And a few obligatory picks ups for the NEC Avenue set, which tbh I have no plan of completing other than the English friendly titles, gotta catch all those tho....might have to win the lotto for Renny Blaster.

Last edited by Baseley09; 09-04-2024, 08:37.

Comment

Ah, Curse is total ****e and plays at 30FPS.
                        Saint Sword is one that looks ugly but I had a lot of fun with it back in the day as a teen.

Comment

Can’t have too much Aleste in your life!

Comment

That’s fantastic!

Comment

More on the way too. There’s just something inherently right about those old school cart boxes versus a DVD case.

Comment

Working...
                              X