No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember getting a brand new copy of gleylancer shortly after release and foolishly getting rid of it about 5 years later. I think I sold it for £40!. Its real 2nd mortgage material now and you would need to have the disposable of Tom cruise to pick up a mint copy,

Cracking game and I remember getting my cheat code published in mean machines for discovering the code for mania mode lol

Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
      I got the recent reprint of Gleylancer for the Megadrive today. I concur with Yakumo on this one- the quality is pretty poor. The box is really roughly made with jagged edges and it can't hold the cartridge in place inside for long. The cart itself has no bevel on the circuit board meaning it's a super tight fit. The inlay is printed on incredibly thin paper and was slightly crumpled on the corner on my copy. And the manual... oh boy. Poor paper quality again and everything is clearly just a scan of the original manual, so is simply out of focus. It even had folded and slightly crumpled corners too.

This is a poor job and whilst it's nice to finally own a legal copy of one of the best shooters on the MD, it deserves so much more than this. I guess I'll leave the original on my wish list after all.

Christ that's bad. Mine's on its way, can't wait to open it :/

Comment

Picked this up for a few quid at a car boot today

And got a free 28" Sony CRT for lightgun fun:
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

your pinball seems to be missing a couple of parts lol

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            your pinball seems to be missing a couple of parts lol
            It will magically be transformed into awesome furniture Or a light of some sort for my new house
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

That trinitron image looks in great shape.

Comment

I screwed up here by assuming the Famicom has the same controller ports as the NES.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  And got a free 28" Sony CRT for lightgun fun:
                  Looks like a 1993-95 model. Should give a really nice image. Makes retro games look very attractive.

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

I screwed up here by assuming the Famicom has the same controller ports as the NES.
                  Can you buy a converter?
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-07-2019, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    Can you buy a converter?
                    There's a guy in the states that sells them. Not the cheapest though. He does have a howto guide on his website which doesn't look too difficult so I'm going to try my luck and see how I get on

Comment

It finally arrived.

All of the issues Yakumo mentioned are present but at least its here.

Comment

It finally arrived.

All of the issues Yakumo mentioned are present but at least its here.
                        It's such a shame this one was not more professional.

Comment

I bought a couple of books and an 8BitDo controller.

The Game Console has images of consoles from every generation up to the present. It's hardback and the paper is top quality. It's a very thick book with lots of content to savour. I'd say it's a must-have for anyone interested in the history of gaming. Cost me £13 new from Amazon.

The guide to developer Treasure is what you'd expect from Hardcore Gaming101 -- it has a nice cover, just about reasonable quality paper, and is quite enjoyable to read through. I think fans of the dev will feel it's worth owning.

The wired controller from 8BitDo is based on the American SNES pad(it has two concave face buttons) with the additional benefit of analogue sticks(they work perfectly). It feels really good to use -- the D-pad is excellent and the buttons feel firm and responsive. Top quality in all areas.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-07-2019, 21:01.

Comment

I saw this on demo discs back in the day and always thought it looked cool in a weird sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I bought a couple of books and an 8BitDo controller.

The Game Console has images of consoles from every generation up to the present. It's hardback and the paper is top quality. It's a very thick book with lots of content to savour. I'd say it's a must-have for anyone interested in the history of gaming. Cost me £13 new from Amazon.

The guide to developer Treasure is what you'd expect from Hardcore Gaming101 -- it has a nice cover, just about reasonable quality paper, and is quite enjoyable to read through. I think fans of the dev will feel it's worth owning.

The wired controller from 8BitDo is based on the American SNES pad(it has two concave face buttons) with the additional benefit of analogue sticks(they work perfectly). It feels really good to use -- the D-pad is excellent and the buttons feel firm and responsive. Top quality in all areas.
                              Wow thanks just got the book via Amazone Prime myself

Comment

I saw this on demo discs back in the day and always thought it looked cool in a weird sort of way.
                                It's a quirky, funny little game. A bit clunky, but enjoyable once you get used to it.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Wow thanks just got the book via Amazone Prime myself
                                It's great how the author managed to cram so many machines into the book. It really is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X