No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah I’ve just decorated the retro room to mess with folks heads. It’s not easy fitting a carpet to the ceiling!

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
      Looks like the Hong Kong import versions they used to sell at Bowlers in Manchester back in the day.
      Yep, that's basically what it is.

Comment

Found a Panasonic Q at a local book off but when I got it home the system powers on ok but the disk drive isnt working at all, in two minds whether to take it back and get a refund or try to find a drive belt and fix the problem myself. How much are these going for? The system is pretty dirty but should be able to be cleaned up quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
          Found a Panasonic Q at a local book off but when I got it home the system powers on ok but the disk drive isnt working at all, in two minds whether to take it back and get a refund or try to find a drive belt and fix the problem myself. How much are these going for? The system is pretty dirty but should be able to be cleaned up quite nicely.
          They aren't that rare in Japan so take it back and get a refund. From what I know, book off doesn't have a junk section so a refund should be fine.
          My local Hard Off has these every now and then. Normally for around 7000 loose to 12000 yen complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            They aren't that rare in Japan so take it back and get a refund. From what I know, book off doesn't have a junk section so a refund should be fine.
            My local Hard Off has these every now and then. Normally for around 7000 loose to 12000 yen complete.
            Sorry I bought it from Hard-Off, it was behind the counter and hadn’t been put on display yet. Mine cost me ¥22,000 and was missing the power cable and remote control (which I bought on Amazon for another ¥4,000) Will definitely be taking it back tomorrow then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
              Sorry I bought it from Hard-Off, it was behind the counter and hadn’t been put on display yet. Mine cost me ¥22,000 and was missing the power cable and remote control (which I bought on Amazon for another ¥4,000) Will definitely be taking it back tomorrow then.
              Holly crap, that is way over priced. I guess you are living in a big city that sees a lot of outsiders coming through.
              Last edited by Yakumo; 15-05-2021, 00:35.

Comment

Gamecube stuff starting to climb to stupid prices, then again DS stuff has gone mental too plenty of games that now have 3 figure pricetags.

Comment

Got one of these Brook converters so I can use a Hori fight pad on my Dreamcast. The Dreamcast d pad is a thumb destroyer and this makes fighting games much more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    Got one of these Brook converters so I can use a Hori fight pad on my Dreamcast. The Dreamcast d pad is a thumb destroyer and this makes fighting games much more comfortable.

I reviewed that one. Great item as are most of Brooke's products. I use one of their devices on my Series X controller so that it works on the PS4. Makes playing the PS4 much better. Sony controllers have always sucked in my opinion.

Comment

I didn't get an Xbox One but did get a XB1 controller for PC about a year ago. Blown away at how much better it was than the DS4. Much nicer feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        I didn't get an Xbox One but did get a XB1 controller for PC about a year ago. Blown away at how much better it was than the DS4. Much nicer feeling.
                        Indeed. It seems the only people who disagree are those who only love Sony consoles. For my PS2 I use a Hori controller simply because it has a real D-pad and with the PS4 I use my Series X controller. Even the touch pad can be emulated and it actually works. Not that many games really bother with it much.

Comment

Yeah I agree - the Bone controller was way better than the PS4 one. Apart from being more ergonomic, it also felt much better built.

The PS5 pad is a big improvement over the PS4 one though, which is a relief. Fits in the hand much better (more like an Xbox pad) and the resistive triggers are a really cool feature. I have yet to try a Series X/S pad.

Comment

I had a PS4 and an Xbox one x and preferred the PS4 pad. The vibration was crap on the Xbox one plus the dpad sucked of course and I hate asymmetric thumb sticks. It’s a personal thing I think, rather than only PS4 fanboys will say the PS4 pad is better even though they know the Xbox pad is better. That’s a pretty fanboy claim IMO.

Comment

Another vote for the DS4 here too. DS3 was pretty awful but I thought Sony got it right with the 4.

Comment

I think the PS4 pad is alright, but it really annoys me when I set it down on a desk and it sets the L2/R2 triggers off. I use it for YouTube on the TV sometimes and it's an absolute nightmare. It's insane that they didn't offer an official remote control.

Comment

Working...
                                X