No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few nice little goodies from Japan today. The star of the show so far is Hagane which is outstanding. Hard as nails but plays superbly and has lots of depth. Feels like it should be a real 16-bit classic, up there with Shinobi 3 and the like.

Blast Wind I've been after for years as I love Technosoft's stuff but this one is a bit of a let down. It's a solid enough shooter but I kind of expect Technosoft to go above and beyond. Also the sound mixing is a complete train wreck, with the usual superb Technosot soundtrack drowned out by the explosion sounds, and there are no options to tweak it.

Steam Hearts is a solid shooter with the famously censored if still slightly naughty cut scenes, although it's weirdly easy. Flying Hero is a fun Twinbee style cute 'em up, the other two I'm sure everyone knows already.

Nice hail overall. Everything is pretty much mint too. Only negative was the customs got me, and boy was it painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post

Few nice little goodies from Japan today. The star of the show so far is Hagane which is outstanding. Hard as nails but plays superbly and has lots of depth. Feels like it should be a real 16-bit classic, up there with Shinobi 3 and the like.

Blast Wind I've been after for years as I love Technosoft's stuff but this one is a bit of a let down. It's a solid enough shooter but I kind of expect Technosoft to go above and beyond. Also the sound mixing is a complete train wreck, with the usual superb Technosot soundtrack drowned out by the explosion sounds, and there are no options to tweak it.

Steam Hearts is a solid shooter with the famously censored if still slightly naughty cut scenes, although it's weirdly easy. Flying Hero is a fun Twinbee style cute 'em up, the other two I'm sure everyone knows already.

Nice hail overall. Everything is pretty much mint too. Only negative was the customs got me, and boy was it painful.
      Beautiful stuff dude

Curiosity got the better of me & did a quick Ebay search on the 2 Saturn games...JESUS FING CHRIST
      How much are they???
      I can't believe the cost & you got them both in one go
      Fair play to you man those are amazing

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Beautiful stuff dude

Curiosity got the better of me & did a quick Ebay search on the 2 Saturn games...JESUS FING CHRIST
        How much are they???
        I can't believe the cost & you got them both in one go
        Fair play to you man those are amazing

Neil
        I bought them from Yahoo Japan so the prices are a little lower than eBay, but yeah, Saturn shooters are expensive now.

Frankly a lot of retro stuff is crazy expensive now. Feels like prices have gone up to 50-100% in the past couple of years.

Comment

I bought them from Yahoo Japan so the prices are a little lower than eBay, but yeah, Saturn shooters are expensive now.

Frankly a lot of retro stuff is crazy expensive now. Feels like prices have gone up to 50-100% in the past couple of years.
          Tell me about it.

I was looking to rebuy Bullet Soul Infinite Burst for my 360 this week & prices are north of £150 for the LE used & if I want new it's well over £300!!
          I remember selling it not long after I got it for same as I paid for it
          Absolutely gutted

I did do a cheeky look at some Saturn stuff I thought I might sell & I'm considering it...

Marvel vs Street Fighter with the RAM pack & Astal both seem to have gone crazy now as well

Retro is any area that as much as I'd love to keep up with I just don't have the disposable income for their current price points now

Neil

Comment

Some new stuff over the past month. Some old and some new.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Some new stuff over the past month. Some old and some new.

Nice stuff. I grabbed the Bare Knucke games in Japan over a decade ago when they were all still really cheap. Back then the most I ever paid for any game in Tokyo was £90, and that was for Vampire Killer in mint condition.

I hadn't heard of Shaolin vs Wutang before but it looks great, I'll check it out. There's a sequel out on Steam too.

Comment

Nice stuff. I grabbed the Bare Knucke games in Japan over a decade ago when they were all still really cheap. Back then the most I ever paid for any game in Tokyo was £90, and that was for Vampire Killer in mint condition.

I hadn't heard of Shaolin vs Wutang before but it looks great, I'll check it out. There's a sequel out on Steam too.
                90 pounds for Vampire Killer back in 2010 was about right. These days it's a bit more but not by much. Seems some game prices stay stagnent when others rocket up.
                I heard that Shaolin vs Wutang is also going to appear on the Net connected arcade system. Err, what it called? I think Taito are behind that system. Ergezt or something?

Comment

90 pounds for Vampire Killer back in 2010 was about right. These days it's a bit more but not by much. Seems some game prices stay stagnent when others rocket up.
                  I heard that Shaolin vs Wutang is also going to appear on the Net connected arcade system. Err, what it called? I think Taito are behind that system. Ergezt or something?
                  If Vampire Killer is £100 or so in your neck of the woods you should buy a load of them and head off to eBay. It's £500+ there.

The last time I was in Japan (about 3 years ago) it was going for around £400 in the big retro shops in Akihabara. I believe it was even sighted in Akiba last year for around £1000.

Comment

Yeah, it sells for about 40,000 yen (300 quid) on Yahoo. You might be able to pick it up locally for 30,000 yen I think, but not much cheaper.

While it may be listed as much, I don't think anyone is actually paying 500 quid on Ebay.

Comment

As always, worth checking sold auctions. Listings are opportunistic prices a lot of the time, though that's not to say people don't bite.

Comment

If Vampire Killer is £100 or so in your neck of the woods you should buy a load of them and head off to eBay. It's £500+ there.

The last time I was in Japan (about 3 years ago) it was going for around £400 in the big retro shops in Akihabara. I believe it was even sighted in Akiba last year for around £1000.
                        Everything in Akihabara or any place tourists go to is BS when it comes to pricing. Never ever use Akihabara as a price guide. Or shops such as Mandrake.

Comment

Everything in Akihabara or any place tourists go to is BS when it comes to pricing. Never ever use Akihabara as a price guide. Or shops such as Mandrake.
                          While we are on the subject of things being obscenely expensive in the Touristy areas do you see Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst on the 360 at respectable prices anywhere?

No way I can justify the current EBAY rates & even Yahoo Japan isn't yielding anything better

Another of those why did I sell it moments

Neil

Comment

While we are on the subject of things being obscenely expensive in the Touristy areas do you see Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst on the 360 at respectable prices anywhere?

No way I can justify the current EBAY rates & even Yahoo Japan isn't yielding anything better

Another of those why did I sell it moments

Neil
                            I think I bought your Bullet Soul IB Neil but it went with a ton of other 360 stuff ages ago when I needed to free up some funds. If it makes you feel a tiny bit better I only got what I paid you for it. I've been looking for it again too recently but the prices are stupid. It's available on the US Marketplace but I'm not sure how easy it is to border-hop with xbox these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I think I bought your Bullet Soul IB Neil but it went with a ton of other 360 stuff ages ago when I needed to free up some funds. If it makes you feel a tiny bit better I only got what I paid you for it. I've been looking for it again too recently but the prices are stupid. It's available on the US Marketplace but I'm not sure how easy it is to border-hop with xbox these days.
                              Do you know what I'd been trying to rack my brains who I sold it to lol
                              It's a shame it had to go on from you as well.
                              Price has gone obscene & I generally struggle to think why it commands such a high price, I can't remember it being anything that special back in the day.
                              I'm just trying to grab back a few that I'm missing now as I'm starting to get the plans in place for the man cave once lockdown is over & I can get the electricans back in to run the power to the shed.

I've seen it's on STEAM for peanuts as well but I don't have a PC capable of running anything game related.

Neil

Comment

I've seen it's on STEAM for peanuts as well but I don't have a PC capable of running anything game related.
                                I've pondered a small form PC for a while now as there are a few great shmups on Steam ... hard to justify for a handful of titles though, unless something really affordable could run them.

Comment

Working...
                                X