Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
    Having played a bit more Space Harrier I've noticed the audio is slightly off from the tunes I've been hearing on various YouTube videos. I looked it up a bit more and on comparing, the Dreamcast audio sounds compressed compared to the Saturn port, which seems to faithfully reproduce arcade-quality audio.
    I'm not sure how different DC space Harrier audio is compared to the Arcade. I'd have to do a side by side using my own set up but yeah, the audio on the Saturn is better. That I do remember.

Comment

Some new old school c64 cart classics arrived this morning ,

Should keep me busy until my other parcel arrivals later today.
      Last edited by QuantumLeap; 19-02-2021, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
        Still, am I right in thinking the DC version still sounds off compared to the arcade original? Someone tell me I'm not going mad, I've got brain leaking from my ears playing spot-the-difference.
        I haven't played Space Harrier much, but Outrun definitely sounds off on that collection. They're okay ports, but I think the Saturn versions are usually considered better (and these days the Sega Ages versions for the Switch). The scaling is done in a different way on the Dreamcast Outrun as well.
        Last edited by ZipZap; 19-02-2021, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
          Some new old school c64 cart classics arrived this morning ,

Should keep me busy until my other parcel arrivals later today.
          Soul Force looks so good. Nice gets!

Comment

The Saturn version of Space Harrier is maybe using its FM hardware to recreate the arcade soundtrack versus compressed samples on the DC?

Comment

Picked this up from ebay recently. Stunning conversion and the box art is stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                The Saturn version of Space Harrier is maybe using its FM hardware to recreate the arcade soundtrack versus compressed samples on the DC?
                I think the Saturn version uses CD audio which would certainly explain how they get so close to the arcade. The Dreamcast version could just be not-so-great emulation. A lot of the sound effects are off on the Dreamcast collection as well.

Comment

A Sega classic arrived this morning ,

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                    A Sega classic arrived this morning ,

A true classic indeed. Especially that Japanese cover.

Comment

Don't post all my pickups here but I'm particularly pleased with this one.

Found a real AGS-101 while lurking new listings on eBay. Was listed at £60 so I didn't think twice about it. Well pleased, the screen looks so so much better than my 001.

Comment

Got me a Risc PC 600 with a nice MultiSync CRT

Comment

Oh wowzers that's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Got me a Risc PC 600 with a nice MultiSync CRT
                            Good god that's glorious

Comment

Just what I needed on a dull Monday morning!

Might have a cheeky go on my lunch break.

Comment

Another order from Genki. Enjoying getting some Dreamcast stuff that I'd played once upon a time but never owned. Samurai Western was a good price and I got Kaido after loving Shutokou Battle recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X