Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, sights to behold there wheelaa!

Comment

Cheers to [MENTION=8183]dyer60[/MENTION] for helping me out with my weird need to have a blue button three button controller for my Japanese MD Mini.

Comment

Result!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Cheers to @dyer60 for helping me out with my weird need to have a blue button three button controller for my Japanese MD Mini.

Glad is fiannly showed up, 2 weeks for first class post!

Looks class

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
            Glad is fiannly showed up, 2 weeks for first class post!

Looks class
            Dont tell [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] it took that long.

Comment

RRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Comment

This one was cheaper buying from Japan and waiting for it to arrive via boat than buying from the UK

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                  This one was cheaper buying from Japan and waiting for it to arrive via boat than buying from the UK

An overlooked gem from the series. I love it more than part 3 and back in the day was in love with the lady who did the speech LOL

Comment

Got the itch to build again and found this NOS Micro ATX case. Think I'm going to build an early Pentium II system in it with a Voodoo 1 and Soundblaster 16 I have lying about. Throw in a CD-ROM drive and finally get that 5.25 FDD I purchased a few years back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      and found this NOS Micro ATX case.

The vanilla colour reminds me of my first PC. I wonder why that colour for computers and peripherals(mice, keyboards, monitors, printers etc..) was so common for decades? So much of my tech was vanilla coloured that I have a bit of nostalgia for it. The A500 is my favourite piece of vanilla tech.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-07-2020, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

The vanilla colour reminds me of my first PC. I wonder why that colour for computers and peripherals(mice, keyboards, monitors, printers etc..) was so common for decades? So much of my tech was vanilla coloured that I have a bit of nostalgia for it. The A500 is my favourite piece of vanilla tech.
                        Yeah it was so prevalent for such a long time. I think LGR or maybe Nostalgia Nerd did a video on it IIRC but it was a while back now.

The A500 has a classic look, although I love the Acorn Archimedes for use of that lovely green on the function keys.

Comment

Yeah it was so prevalent for such a long time. I think LGR or maybe Nostalgia Nerd did a video on it IIRC but it was a while back now.

The A500 has a classic look, although I love the Acorn Archimedes for use of that lovely green on the function keys.
                          I like all of the ST, A500 and Archie (was it A3000?) in terms of design.

Comment

Got the itch to build again and found this NOS Micro ATX case. Think I'm going to build an early Pentium II system in it with a Voodoo 1 and Soundblaster 16 I have lying about. Throw in a CD-ROM drive and finally get that 5.25 FDD I purchased a few years back up and running.
                            I bought the same case earlier in the year (from eBay, made by Acme). Currently has a S370 Mendocino 500MHz Celeron setup in there with a 3dfx Voodoo 3. I might look into upgrading to a P3-based motherboard at some point though. Well made case although a little restrictive, particularly if you're using a full-sized ATX power supply as that will prevent the use of any longer drives in the 5.25 bays.

Comment

although I love the Acorn Archimedes for use of that lovely green on the function keys.

Yeah, the green keys look good. I think this model was more white than vanilla. Vanilla wouldn't work so well with the green.

The grey colour of the ST was distinct. I think it looks pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I wonder why that colour for computers and peripherals(mice, keyboards, monitors, printers etc..) was so common for decades?
                                IIRC it was something to do with German regulations for offices. When I started building PCs I used to spray paint the cases. My favourite was a full ATX tower which I sprayed a dark metallic blue. I think it was a Porsche colour.

Comment

Working...
                                X