No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh heh heh, I remember playing a demo of Cannon Spike in Another World in Derby and really liking it. A couple of years later I got a copy in GameStation for £15. Still got it.
    Not far from me then , was always in Another World in Derby before they built the Intu center and I picked up a multi mega new from the same Gamestation for 50 quid all them years ago.

Another world in Notts was excellent to , 3 floors of happiness before the import stuff went belly up with them in untoward circumstances involving a crime syndicate and a missing diamond .....(so I was told years and years ago ) it was a different world back then importing stuff in.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
      Not far from me then , was always in Another World in Derby before they built the Intu center and I picked up a multi mega new from the same Gamestation for 50 quid all them years ago.

Another world in Notts was excellent to , 3 floors of happiness before the import stuff went belly up with them in untoward circumstances involving a crime syndicate and a missing diamond .....(so I was told years and years ago ) it was a different world back then importing stuff in.
      Really, a missing diamond? Sounds like an 80s crime comedy. I visited a couple of the Another World branches and remember some of the import PSX and DC games being 60 or 70 quid which was quite common then. Someone I knew became friends with an importer and I was told he became very careful in the early 90s because he had gotten involved in all sorts of unmentioned stuff.
      Last edited by monel; 28-03-2021, 05:05.

Comment

Oh wow, never heard the shady part of Another World. I remember the top shelf had a load of decent imports at £60+ but I was a teenager without much money or knowledge at that point. Used to buy video game figures from them though. The old Resident Evil figures were great at the time.

Comment

We absolutely need more information about the missing diamond situation.

Comment

There was another game shop in the 90s forgot what it was called in hucknull , the front of the shop was legit selling ps1 dreamcast saturn pc engine, neo imports but at the back of the shop it was full of pc's and copying equipment. The owner always offered you the cheaper version of the games if you wanted to wait as the copied it for you there and then including printed cases ....it was a sight to believe , in the end someone grassed on him after a few years as he had cornered the pirating market in Notts and got 5 years for it ....though it was before the laws of recuperating ill gotten gains took place so he had a few bob when he got out lol.

Still got the snes copier he gave me as I bought alot of stuff from him all them years ago ....fun times.

Comment

Only branch of Another World I ever made it to was in Stoke, around '02-'05ish? There were some imports, but it was a pretty small corner of a pretty big, two-floored beast. Used to give great trade in prices for diamonds, mind.

Comment

I bought a couple of consoles from AW back in the day and remember visiting their Nottingham store and being disappointed as it didn't really reflect their online presence. Maybe they were transitioning the biz by that time ... I dunno ... felt more like a comic book/toy store.

Comment

NSFW NSFW

Comment

I bought a pre modded Duo R from doujindance. Video output looks great and the laser seems to be tuned in. Increasingly decent value compared to stock unit prices IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      I bought a pre modded Duo R from doujindance. Video output looks great and the laser seems to be tuned in. Increasingly decent value compared to stock unit prices IMO.

I've just bought one from him too, did you get stung with import duty?

Comment

Nope, he declared it a 1600 yen gift. Came in about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Nope, he declared it a 1600 yen gift. Came in about a week.
                          Great news, thanks.

Comment

Console aside the controller I received wasn't in great condition. Might try attempt a partial refund because this is really quite poor. Hopefully you have better luck!

Comment

Panic bought MGS HD Collection worrying about PS3 prices going bonkers. Already have the 360 version but MGS is a PlayStation game to me.

Comment

Have owned the first and the three resi games for years but this one alluded me. Probably more than I'd usually want to pay but prices just keep creeping up unfortunately. Pretty nice condition besides the small crack too, cracks don't bother me so much though.
                                Last edited by speedlolita; 13-04-2021, 17:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X