No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 more from ebay, seeing as it's payday i decided to treat myself. Both clayman games & pocket family one of the remaining couple of pocketstation required games i wanted. Just Dokodemo Issho left to get for games that only work if you have a pocketstation to use with it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Time to upset some sealed collectors as i don't think many more sealed copies of this exist in the world, well even less now. COMMENCE STRIPPING.
      Good unsealing! These are meant to be enjoyed, not sealed in a plastic tomb.

Comment

It's a shame that some games end up sitting for 20+ years never been played however it's good for me as it means i can find a nice pristine example to play. Don't care how rare it is if it was the last copy on earth & still sealed i'd rip that plastic off as i want to play my games.

last night spotted a pocketstation that looks pristine white but it was kind of pricy but this morning i got an email from the seller offering me a hefty discount, don't know if this is a new thing as it's the second time this has happened now. Before you could put an offer in if they had the feature enabled but i never knew they could do it to people that look at the auction, wonder if there's a thing that if you look at the same item multiple times something flags them lol. Either way i now have a nice white pocketstation coming to go along with my crystal one.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          i got an email from the seller offering me a hefty discount, don't know if this is a new thing as it's the second time this has happened now.
          I've recently been getting discount offers from sellers on items I've looked at, so I think it's a new feature.

That PocketStation looks minty mint.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            I've recently been getting discount offers from sellers on items I've looked at, so I think it's a new feature.

That PocketStation looks minty mint.
            So pleased to find a piss free pocket station, love them they are lots of fun to play the side stuff from various compatible games. There is a surprisingly large amount of games that have pocket station content wish I could find a neck strap to attach one to so I can take it with me. Wonder if a mobile phone neck strap would work.

Comment

I really wanted a PocketStation, I was gutted when they never came out here in the end.

The option to use it in Ridge Type 4 PAL version taunted me. Although I have no idea what the PocketStation functionality actually was in that game.

Comment

I can't even remember what the R4 one was like, which means it was probably pretty crap. I seem to remember liking the SF Zero 3 one quite a bit, but it's all a bit hazy now if honest. I was that guy that had mine out at lunchtime while in amongst my buddies playing the Chao Garden game on their VMUs
                [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] - I had no idea there was a second Clayman Clayman game. I only ever saw the first via a friend's demo of the PC game (The Neverhood), and as well as now learning of a sequel, I've gone off and learnt that it was from Doug TenNapel, otherwise primarily known for being a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  I can't even remember what the R4 one was like, which means it was probably pretty crap. I seem to remember liking the SF Zero 3 one quite a bit, but it's all a bit hazy now if honest. I was that guy that had mine out at lunchtime while in amongst my buddies playing the Chao Garden game on their VMUs
                  [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] - I had no idea there was a second Clayman Clayman game. I only ever saw the first via a friend's demo of the PC game (The Neverhood), and as well as now learning of a sequel, I've gone off and learnt that it was from Doug TenNapel, otherwise primarily known for being a turd.
                  I only learned of the 2nd game recently myself it's a platform game with rendered clay models and stages a la donkey kong country style. There's also another clayman game where you play air hockey but i don't think i'll be picking that one up. Never played any of them but the artstyle of the first has me intrigued there's something kind of surreal about all the enviroments looking like hand made dioramas which i love.

Finally managed to find a decent copy of Dokodemo Issyo, it's super common and also super cheap too my copy cost the grand total of £3 with another £4 for postage so i'm happy with that. No fading and the disk has no scratches and a mint manual. Because it's so common a lot of them are well used and in beat up condition. Surprised there wasn't at least a few sealed copies for sale seeing as it is so common, there is a lot of the imode dokodemo Issyo game going for sale boxed with the cable but even with the cable it's useless as i think you have to have a Japanese imode compatible phone to make it work, i don't think you can use a pocket station on that one in replacement to using a phone.
                  [edit] hmmm the imode box has a pocketstation on, maybe it does work i'll risk a tenner to find out.

Looking forward to playing these as i have always loved Toro.
                  Last edited by importaku; 27-02-2020, 18:56.

Comment

Wow, importaku has been busy! Love to see some PS1 love.

Might treat myself to Pepsiman finally this month... though I'm also on the lookout for a SSF2X CPS2 board.

Comment

Not so much pickups, but some lovely little finds in my mums garage. When up mums was looking for my old Dart board and going through the old stuff found my old Sharp TV 14' complete with crappy SEGA Power stamps ( I was like 12 at the time LOL) , and my old Philips CM 88 33 and also my old Pentium II PC (not pictured as its a real mess and need to work on it) Looking forward to setting up the Philips with the Zx Spectrum and Atari ST (more so as it only supports 60 hz even via Scart)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        with crappy SEGA Power stamps ( I was like 12 at the time LOL)
                        My brother used to desecrate my stuff with magazine stickers.

, and my old Philips CM 88 33
                        Should work well with the ST.

Comment

Went on a bit of a retro spending spree recently, bought sega saturn and dreamcast twin sticks, a PlayStation 3 3D TV and the big one; a virtual boy + 10 games. All of these were in almost new condition. Very happy with the Virtual Boy as its one of the only Nintendo systems that Ive never played before.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            My brother used to desecrate my stuff with magazine stickers.

Should work well with the ST.
                            Yeah it's perfect for the ST and ZX Spectrum since they are 50 Hz . I do glad to have grown up and no longer put crap on the TV LOL.

When I get some annual leave , I might try and get the MMX Pentium and Pentium II Pcs up and running. I think my old CRT PC monitor is in Mums garage lol. Since mum doesn't drive is been like a dumping ground for my, my brother and uncle's stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                              and the big one; a virtual boy + 10 games.
                              Cool. I've never owned one, but it's an interesting system that some people say is actually fun to play in short bursts.

Comment

I do glad to have grown up and no longer put crap on the TV LOL.
                                Yeah, imagine having to use one of those crappy basic TVs these days. They can't even do 60Hz.

Comment

Working...
                                X