Van transit moving questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van transit moving questions

So hoping to move Soon but was wondering if a transit van would be enough to fit all our stuff

Around 70-100 boxes each box is 29x29x40 cm i think the storage of the van is 1.7mtr x 1.7mtr x 2.9mtr

cheers

From a volumetric point of view you've twice as much space available as 100 boxes. Of course, it depends whether they will fit in along the combined perimeter of boxes laid end to end. This is left as an exercise for the reader....

BTW I thought this thread was going to be deeply emotional questions about the Ford Transit: "Is putting a DAB/mp3 radio in to replace the knackered cassette player in my 1998 transit the same as taking away my van's speaking voice?"

Or is a Ford Transit an appropriate mode of transport for my grandad's funeral? Etc
    Last edited by gunrock; 06-09-2015, 17:43.

Comment

Cheers ...my maths sucks and was working out cubic meters and volume etc but really not sure if i was right

And when i find sites that tell you what you need to move house they just phrase boxes as small medium or large with no basis on what size they actually are.

Comment

I've moved house about 6 times in the last few years and in my experience, just pay a little bit more and get a bigger van if possible, you'll never have quite as much space as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          I've moved house about 6 times in the last few years and in my experience, just pay a little bit more and get a bigger van if possible, you'll never have quite as much space as you like.
          have no white goods thankfully problem is with a transit van they are pretty close by but to get the next size up a luton van it is a lot more money and a 4 hour round trip to

Comment

I used a one tonne last time I moved and it took ages to move everything.

Almost killed me.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              have no white goods thankfully problem is with a transit van they are pretty close by but to get the next size up a luton van it is a lot more money and a 4 hour round trip to
              They generally come in different sizes, we got a transit with a taller roof the last two times

Comment

My mate used a transit to pick up his girlfriend's fiat 500 and it wasn't even the biggest transit they made. Good luck with the move.

Comment

I use a LWB Luton with tail lift to move the inlaws and had twice as much space as required. Judging by the marks on the bodywork, a lot of people misjudge the size of the bigger van. Something to bear in mind if you're not used to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X