Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
    In total about £1175 with delivery. Came with 3 sets of buttons - two sets of OBSF-30's and a set of the GODAWFUL Seimitsu PS-14- G's, 3 JLF's, that installed panel, an empty 6 button one and a 1P Capcom panel, as well as all the art, two Zero-Pi Fighting Boards, some taito coasters, a Taito ashtray and loads of extra spare parts.
    OUCH! Thats quite the cost but stil, a great item plus you got a lot of extras with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      OUCH! Thats quite the cost but stil, a great item plus you got a lot of extras with it.
      Yeah, but even ex commercial units are about a grand and those will have been absolutely massacred. The guy I got this from took incredible care of it so I knew I was getting a good one. Plus I sold my last Neo Geo cab back in 2006 for something like £120 with the 6 slot and I’ve regretted it ever since so when this one came up, I HAD to have it!!!

Comment

That looks absolutely tremendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          That looks absolutely tremendous.
          It really is! Playing arcade stuff on PS4 or emulator was alright, but using actualy arcade hardware has improved it so much, although I still need to upgrade the ****ty JLF's that came with it!!!

Comment

Time for a Taito Type X.

Comment

Yeah, but even ex commercial units are about a grand and those will have been absolutely massacred. The guy I got this from took incredible care of it so I knew I was getting a good one. Plus I sold my last Neo Geo cab back in 2006 for something like £120 with the 6 slot and I’ve regretted it ever since so when this one came up, I HAD to have it!!!
              Don't worry. The amount of awsome stuff I've sold for peanuts is embarrassing. I'd love that new cabinet you have. It would fit great on the the table I have my tate setup on.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Don't worry. The amount of awsome stuff I've sold for peanuts is embarrassing. I'd love that new cabinet you have. It would fit great on the the table I have my tate setup on.
                I'd heavily adsvise about reconsidering one of them unless it's going on the ground floor as they weigh an absolute ton! Took 3 of us to get it up the single step into the gaming den!!! I think they're about 120 KG in total.

The only two downers so far from owning it are that it came with Sanwa levers and the monitor is DVI & VGA, so if I want to use my PS4 in there I need an HDMI audio splitter(The stock amp doesn't have digital optical in), which I've ordered and should be here, hopefully by the weekend.

So for now I've just been hooking up the laptop for Fightcade.

Also set up the coin slot to L3 on the Brook board so it's 10p a credit.

Comment

120kg! Holly crap. No way I'm getting that up stairs. My house has one of those staircases that turns in the opposite direction halfway up.

Comment

Try a pinball table at 450kg

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Try a pinball table at 450kg
                      Yeah, I think I’ll pass on that!

The concerning thing is that I’m now considering another cab even though I don’t have the room for it. I’ve just spaffed £160 on levers, buttons and other small parts, but that leaves me pretty much where I want everything to be. Just need 3 more levers, a PlayStation button sub panel and a new art set(The 3S one is nice but I think I’d prefer Super Turbo or Zero 2 Alpha art), which should set me back around another £140ish.

Comment

Just spaffed another £1200 on another Chewlix and £400 on a Dino King conversion project. That’s £2800 spent on cabs in May.

I think I need help!

Edit: Picture doesn’t seem to be working…
                        Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 31-05-2023, 18:44.

Comment

A lot less exciting than monkeyjuggles home arcade but killer frequency turned up just before the weekend. Been looking forward to this one.

Comment

Just spaffed another £1200 on another Chewlix and £400 on a Dino King conversion project. That’s £2800 spent on cabs in May.

I think I need help!

Edit: Picture doesn’t seem to be working…
                            Jealous!!!!!

I still haven't finished putting electric in my shed to allow me to order a Chewlix but I'll join your club one day this year lol

How you finding them?

I know I'll never get to [MENTION=4553]Escape-To-88[/MENTION] levels but I've been after one for so long that this year I'll definitely make it happen one way or another

I might have to hit you up for some advice if that's ok?

Oh & by the way I keep forgetting to let you know that the Area 88 DVD arrived ok
                            Thanks again for sending it...just need to watch it now lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              Jealous!!!!!

I still haven't finished putting electric in my shed to allow me to order a Chewlix but I'll join your club one day this year lol

How you finding them?

I know I'll never get to @Escape-To-88 levels but I've been after one for so long that this year I'll definitely make it happen one way or another

I might have to hit you up for some advice if that's ok?

Oh & by the way I keep forgetting to let you know that the Area 88 DVD arrived ok
                              Thanks again for sending it...just need to watch it now lol

Neil
                              Absolutely loving it mate. The red one has my PS4 in it with L3 set to insert coin in the arcade conversions and wired up to the coin slot for the authentic arcade feel. It’s currently my SF6 unit with the one player Vewlix C panel in.

The second one I’m still sorting out. Arrived Tuesday but wasn’t checked before it shipped and there was fizzy pop all in the control panel which I’ve now stripped and cleaned. I’m just waiting on new levers, buttons and wiring. It’s working and has Euro Football Champ so I’ve been playing that.

Comment

Just the one purchase for me lately, which has just totally blown my gaming budget for the rest of the year

Nice work sir. I was really surprised how enjoyable these are to play on. I thought (being a snob and a twat) going from CRT cabs I wouldn't find much joy, but they're really fun and a different experience. I can also see the appeal since I did consider buying Penhros' beat up Aero to restore recently but decided I just couldn't be arsed at the mo. Oh, and I have no cash at the mo.
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X