Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning, couldn't pass it up at £225. The startup sound alone is worth £20
    Last edited by Nico87; 22-04-2020, 19:49.

Comment

That is a very nice limited edition. Love the effect on the Skull under the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        That is a very nice limited edition. Love the effect on the Skull under the ice.
        Yep, the skull is on a layer beneath the top lid as well, and the cracks around are actually there. Controller is textured on the back which is great. I normally don't buy LE consoles but this one was actually quite a bit cheaper than normal ones

Comment

Not much new the last few months.

Entaku no Seito, which got a remake last year on the Vita as Aoki Tsubasa no Chevalier and Meikyuu Cross Blood Infinity Reloaded, which is part of the New Tokyo Legacy/Generation Xth series.

Comment

A pile of books arrived today along with a copy of new leaf for 3ds, the shipping cost a fortune thanks to the weight of these books they are stupidly big lol. Got one for new leaf as well as finally picking one up for happy home designer and the set of 4 design books for new leaf so i can mess around with clothing creation and other things.

Just look at how chunky these are you could kill someone with these

For anyone curious what the design books are like heres a random pic, i have some of these spanning back to the gamecube era most of the games have had these books in some form the earlier ones just with grids to copy out and what number colour pallet they used but the newer ones had QR codes in to make it way easier but you can still go oldschool and follow the templates if you like, i'm pretty sure i can move these over to the switch game too.

Still waiting for my complete set of welcome +amiibo cards and the also sanrio card set to turn up but they got busted by customs so i have a bill to pay before i get my hands on those but they were the last 2 sets i was missing to have every animal crossing amiibo card.
            Last edited by importaku; 23-04-2020, 13:06.

Comment

I need to let you all know I've been banned because I'm a big sweaty spammer.
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 19-12-2020, 09:47.

Comment

I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate good headphones. Anyway my third headphone purchase of the year (don't ask!) is this set of Sony's. I hate proprietary solutions and generally adore my Sound Blaster X7 and AKG/Beyerdynamic set-up for PC/console gaming. However curiosity on the 3D audio on PS4 got me.

The ear cups are a bit shallow and the rubber band on the top can push down on your head so confort is passable. The stereo audio quality isn't great when compared against something like the AKG K361's (which are a fraction of the price). However they have a reasonably neutral sound and minimal bass, which is good.

However I have been impressed with the VSS. I'm a huge fan of surround sound (software or hardware) in gaming and these are pretty solid. They are the only way to get 3D audio on PS4 (outside of PSVR where it is mandated). And on the only game I've tried so far; Horizon Zero Dawn I have to say they do make a difference. The height and space of where the audio was coming is very impressive. HZD is a very impressive audio showcase anyway.

So a slightly luxurious purchase and leftfield one, but I'll be using these more for sure. Along with PS Now this means it's been a PlayStation month that's for sure.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate good headphones. Anyway my third headphone purchase of the year (don't ask!) is this set of Sony's. I hate proprietary solutions and generally adore my Sound Blaster X7 and AKG/Beyerdynamic set-up for PC/console gaming. However curiosity on the 3D audio on PS4 got me.

The ear cups are a bit shallow and the rubber band on the top can push down on your head so confort is passable. The stereo audio quality isn't great when compared against something like the AKG K361's (which are a fraction of the price). However they have a reasonably neutral sound and minimal bass, which is good.

However I have been impressed with the VSS. I'm a huge fan of surround sound (software or hardware) in gaming and these are pretty solid. They are the only way to get 3D audio on PS4 (outside of PSVR where it is mandated). And on the only game I've tried so far; Horizon Zero Dawn I have to say they do make a difference. The height and space of where the audio was coming is very impressive. HZD is a very impressive audio showcase anyway.

So a slightly luxurious purchase and leftfield one, but I'll be using these more for sure. Along with PS Now this means it's been a PlayStation month that's for sure.
                    Nice write up Digi. Didn’t know there was a Platinum set, always been happy with my golds. 3d audio on them sounds interesting.

Comment

I think those headphones will come in to their own next gen too.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Nice write up Digi. Didn’t know there was a Platinum set, always been happy with my golds. 3d audio on them sounds interesting.
                        Thank you. They were released in 2017 a year or so before the new revised Gold's. They basically have 50mm drivers vs 40mm, slightly improved audio and the ability to use 3D audio in the 4/5 games that support it. I think if you're happy with what you have there isn't really any need to upgrade. 3D audio like Dolby Atmos (and soon DTS) on Xbox/PC is massively under supported although Sony really pushed it with PSVR (although games like Skyrim didn't add 3D audio). It's also quite late in the gen to be picking these up.

One further thing I have noted is that they are not overly comfortable. The earpads aren't particularly deep, but at the rear there are plastic rings which touch the tops of my ear. I've found replacement pads for £13 off eBay but they will require me to rip these pads off the plastic rings. Which is my warranty gone. However I suspect this might be something I attempt in a few months.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        I think those headphones will come in to their own next gen too.
                        I'm was hoping that this sort of licenced solution goes the way of the dodo, and hardware becomes more 'reference' in design. And that PS5/Tempest will work with any DAC/AMP. Although as you say Sony have a good track record of allowing previous gen headsets (PS3 Pulse) to work with new hardware. I think even if I just get a year and can experience the likes of U4, HZD and Days Gone amongst other things I'll be happy with them.

Comment

I have a set of Golds and a set of Platinums, not out of greed, circumstance made it happen ... but anyway ... the Platinums do have technical advantages but the Golds are far more comfortable to wear. The problem with the Plats is the hard plastic band that sits on the top of your head ... not comfortable at all if wearing for any period of time

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            I have a set of Golds and a set of Platinums, not out of greed, circumstance made it happen ... but anyway ... the Platinums do have technical advantages but the Golds are far more comfortable to wear. The problem with the Plats is the hard plastic band that sits on the top of your head ... not comfortable at all if wearing for any period of time
                            Interesting. I find the golds comfy for long periods but if thats the case with the Plats ill wait until a revised edition comes along for ps5, plus more support for 3d audio.

Comment

Yea, as mentioned I don't think I'd suggest these as an upgrade personally if you're happy with the Gold's - which already use the same 7.1 VSS. I think you'd be better off getting something like a Fiio E10K/K3 or SoundBlaster G6 + AKG K361 or K702 or similar (or something like the Coolmaster MH751's for a headset). So basically upgrading the audio quality rather than features.

Although the rubber headband is an issue it's not been that bad for me (I appreciate this is subjective). The thing about these has been the ear cups, which are borderline unusable for me. I've been wearing the AKG K712 Pro's recently and if you wear these immediately after the Platinums boy can your ears feel it (very large, circular, gel/memory foam ear pads).

That said I do think replacing the earpads with something like these would fix the Platinums for me. But as a headset these aren't comfortable.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 28-04-2020, 12:35.

Comment

Honestly ive never bothered trying anything apart from my Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ears (amazing sound but mic doesn’t work with chat) and the Golds. I don’t think you can really beat the Golds for all round features, sound and comfort for the same money, my opinion of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X