No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks interesting, I’ve never heard of that. The premise reminds me of that intriguing Jaws game on the PS2 where you play as the shark.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      That looks interesting, I’ve never heard of that. The premise reminds me of that intriguing Jaws game on the PS2 where you play as the shark.
      It's like a shark RPG mixed with jaws & GTA. Call me warped but i end up laughing hysterically while tearing through the beach goers, nothing more satisfying than going up from below knocking a few people off their unicorn floaties and then snacking my ass on them as they flail & scream in the water. There's a lot to do in this game the entire city is one huge open world sandbox to munch your way through. Oh and the story plays out like you are watching a tv reality show you get narration as you play, it's totally cheesy but i'm loving it. £24 well spent.

In case you haven't seen the trailer

Comment

That looks really cool! I’m gonna give that a bash at some point for sure, great shout. Looks unlike anything else out there. The reality show narration seems like a really fun way of framing it.

Comment

I watched a certain virtual shark play that, looked like good fun! Unfortunately games set in the water make me uncomfortable so not something I'll be buying any time soon...

a

Comment

Subnautica has so far been the only game to ever give me a nightmare, i love it but the feeling of been deep underwater in the darkness on an alien world was extremely tense at times to the point i had to take my headphones off as it was getting to me bad. Playing as a shark is not as scary so far although there are things that can kill you.

Comment

A paperweight

Comment

My UK G&W arrived this morning feels really nice, despite the people on youtube making it look like it's hard to play it's actually really nice in the hands the button positions haven't hampered me in the slightest gave SMB a spin and it feels good. The speaker is quite nice too despite it's size it's not that tinny at all. Screen is stupidly sharp and bright it's gonna work great as my new clock i can see the numbers great i have turned off the ticking noise though as that would make it impossible to sleep.

And on it's specially made stand

Made the right choice on the USB cable the one in the box is stupidly short it's like a couple of inches in length plus it sticks out the side looking stupid, the one i got sits flush to the side and blends in. Now in it's final place it will be interesting to see how long that screen holds out for seeing as it will be on all the time now. The only thing remaining to do is pick up a couple of screen protectors from Japan now that they have got ones out there designed to fit that screen. The unit powers off after a few mins if you are not using it you get a little mario sleeping pic then it powers down apart from if you are charging it, if you are charging the screen will stay on permanently so you can have it running as a clock.

As for the 35 hidden touches Nintendo said are in this thing the only 2 i have found so far is holding down the A button for about 5 seconds brings up the how to draw mario song and while on the time screen holding A&B in makes the time blocks flash gold for a second.
                Last edited by importaku; 13-11-2020, 10:11.

Comment

Comment

A few pickups this week minus the lovely etsy stand pictured above.

As what feels like the entire world goes gaga for the new consoles, all I can think about has been headphone DAC/AMPs. Yesterday took delivery of a Fiio K5 Pro and tomorrow have a Sound BlasterX G6 on route. I know a DAC/AMP isn't a gaming purchase but that's what these will be used for (a lot).

Comment

You buying a few to compare then? Recently got a Topping DX3 Pro and it's grand!

Comment

i feel the same way, im more than happy to stay in current/retro gen for the time been i see no point at all in rushing to get the next gen stuff. In fact my most looked forward to item this xmas is that teeny tiny astro city from Sega i will enjoy going through it's games over the xmas period.

The pce/core grafx mini is lovely btw you will really enjoy that games selection. Just please be careful with the usb power brick you use, do not use a raspberry pi power supply as those have been found to fry them and kill the usb ports. It's mental that the euro region didn't get an official power brick adapter.
                        Last edited by importaku; 13-11-2020, 20:41.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          You buying a few to compare then? Recently got a Topping DX3 Pro and it's grand!
                          What headphones have you got?

These should be keepers. I currently run the Sound Blaster X7 but with the consoles regressing in terms of audio connectivity and my usage changing, I basically want a solid stereo DAC/AMP for the office/speakers and something portable for the laptop. There are loads of great choices in the £100-200 range and I did look at the DX3 Pro, iFi Zen DAC, Schiit stack but settled on the K5 Pro. Although they arguably would all work for me.

It's also looking a good time to sell atm, so I'm hoping I can claw back a nice chunk on the X7 and bits. Tbh there isn't much between the X7 and K5 Pro. The latter is clearer, slightly more detail and a little bit warmer. It was more of I fancied a change. The G6 I only went for today because they are discounted (£90 from Creative, £100 on Amazon).

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          The pce/core grafx mini is lovely btw you will really enjoy that games selection. Just please be careful with the usb power brick you use, do not use a raspberry pi power supply as those have been found to fry them and kill the usb ports.
                          Ty for the tip. The instructions manual mentions you need 2A for power which is confusing. I have the Nintendo Classic PSU and this Chromecast USB (1A) that's powered all the other mini consoles.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 13-11-2020, 21:21.

Comment

I've got Sennheiser HD 6XX. With my setup I'm using the DX3 Pro as a DAC for my Cambridge Audio AM10+Q Acoustics 2010i when I'm not using headphones. Bit elaborate but it's working nicely. Managed to pick it up for just under £135 used on eBay UK which saved me a good amount too. I think the K5 Pro would have been my second choice, it's just a shame that you can't switch between pre-out and line out.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              What headphones have you got?

These should be keepers. I currently run the Sound Blaster X7 but with the consoles regressing in terms of audio connectivity and my usage changing, I basically want a solid stereo DAC/AMP for the office/speakers and something portable for the laptop. There are loads of great choices in the £100-200 range and I did look at the DX3 Pro, iFi Zen DAC, Schiit stack but settled on the K5 Pro. Although they arguably would all work for me.

It's also looking a good time to sell atm, so I'm hoping I can claw back a nice chunk on the X7 and bits. Tbh there isn't much between the X7 and K5 Pro. The latter is clearer, slightly more detail and a little bit warmer. It was more of I fancied a change. The G6 I only went for today because they are discounted (£90 from Creative, £100 on Amazon).

Ty for the tip. The instructions manual mentions you need 2A for power which is confusing. I have the Nintendo Classic PSU and this Chromecast USB (1A) that's powered all the other mini consoles.
                              My theory on the 2A thing is it needs that if you happen to have a multi tap in and you have it loaded with 5 players worth of pads it probably needs that additional power. I'm currently using a 5V 1.5A apple power brick i got with my phone and it seems pretty happy with that despite it not been 2A but saying that i'm only using 1 pad on it if i ever go multiplayer 5 pad madness i'll use a more fancy power brick that i have thats super regulated with a load of protections built in. I think the danger with the rasp pi adapters was they were not giving 5v exactly they were slightly over, not a problem for a pi but the pce mini seems really sensitive to the extra voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                I've got Sennheiser HD 6XX. With my setup I'm using the DX3 Pro as a DAC for my Cambridge Audio AM10+Q Acoustics 2010i when I'm not using headphones. Bit elaborate but it's working nicely. Managed to pick it up for just under £135 used on eBay UK which saved me a good amount too. I think the K5 Pro would have been my second choice, it's just a shame that you can't switch between pre-out and line out.
                                Nice. I've looked at the 660s before. Yea the K5 being a pre-out wouldn't work. I only have some edifier 2.0 powered speakers as I'm mostly a headphone user so it's fine for me.

I'm kinda tempted by the new Sennheiser 560s because of the praise on their neutrality and soundstage. I had the HD 598s before and liked them. I'm currently switching between AKG K712, K702 (loose wire, need to fix), Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and AKG K361 depending on scenario. I've also got those Sony Platinum's and some cheap BT headphones so need to watch what I buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X